Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aces tats

Actually, the "swastika" used by the nazis was flipped and you'll notice the design on the back of Ace's back in the 1st picture is opposite of the one in the link provided by 1kSuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkindisaster View Post
    I've seen that symbol on Ichigos sword as well. Damn shame that the swastika symbol has been tied to being a nazi. Thing was used for 3000 years as a symbol of good and prosperity.
    That's the Kanji for "ban" or full in Japanese. As in, "bankai"=full release, that's what you're seeing on Ichigo's sword.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

thanx Asce, you are a source of knowledge!!!! i think that there isn´t much more to add about this subject....

~My DeviantArt Account|My Mangashare Gallery~
    Are you a One Piece Fan? Then click HERE, you wont regret it!!!

Well, we still don't know why did Oda change Ace's tatoos, so I guess the thread's topic is still fresh, though will probably never be answered properly. I suppose Oda decided to modify the tatoo a bit along with the rest when he improved the art (character's drawing).

About the swastica, same happens with Naruto's Neji. He has it, but flipped out; and that character still has it, so I doubt Oda changed it because of anything related to the tatoo being similar to the swastica.

i did like aces old tatoo better. it was more unique to the pirate age of the world. the jolly roger is cool and its nice to see different takes on it.

I kinda like the first tattoo myself.

Quote Originally Posted by What Is My Name? View Post
    hey are u guys hindu? how do u know about the swastika? n yes im pretty sad that it was copied by the damn nazis
    Actually my family was discussing it a few days ago, and brought up some religions using it and what not. I did a lil research on my own after that and found out some neat stuff.

yea i noticed it too!

i prefer the first one, i wonder how oda felt about changing it...