Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Well, Sket Dance did not seem to bring anything original to the manga scene at the moment, his humor was fresh, but not so different from Gintama or Jaguar. Kuroko no Basket did seem no different from any other basketball shonen that started (and got cancelled) in Weekly Jump or other shonen magazines after the ending of Slam Dunk, that's why I'm really surprised with this one. Besides, the scanlation world didn't pay much attention to it when it was starting, and it looked like it had its days counted. I recently checked some of the latter chapters and was a bit disappointed with what I found, actually. Weekly Jump needs another fresh sports manga with charismatic characters, it's been already a while since ES21.

But yeah, I guess I do have a really different taste from Jump editors, I put my bet on Hitomi no Catoblepas, Blue Dragon, Volleyball Tsukai or even K.O.Sen, and not one of them lasted much.

So, what new series does have potential; should I try?
    Have you seen enigma? Almost one year old now..

Sigh... No more Ace... Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, D grayman, Full Metal Alchemist, and Katekyo Hitman reborn are in some dark times...

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Well, Sket Dance did not seem to bring anything original to the manga scene at the moment, his humor was fresh, but not so different from Gintama or Jaguar. Kuroko no Basket did seem no different from any other basketball shonen that started (and got cancelled) in Weekly Jump or other shonen magazines after the ending of Slam Dunk, that's why I'm really surprised with this one. Besides, the scanlation world didn't pay much attention to it when it was starting, and it looked like it had its days counted. I recently checked some of the latter chapters and was a bit disappointed with what I found, actually. Weekly Jump needs another fresh sports manga with charismatic characters, it's been already a while since ES21.

But yeah, I guess I do have a really different taste from Jump editors, I put my bet on Hitomi no Catoblepas, Blue Dragon, Volleyball Tsukai or even K.O.Sen, and not one of them lasted much.

So, what new series does have potential; should I try?
    Magico to me seems original for the most part has some potential. I don't think its what your searching for since its not very shonen like or should I say he's trying something new. But yeah for the most part I agree with Jump not many good new series getting published the Golden Age of Jump is cutting short!

Jump #40 (12/09):
    Sket Dance (Cover & Lead Color Page)
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Gintama
    Bakuman
    Kurogane (Color Page, 25 pg.)
    Toriko
    Harisugawa in Mirror world
    Medaka Box (Color Page, Results Popular Contest, 23 pg.)
    ST&RS
    Bleach
    Inumaru Dashi (Color Page)
    Hunter x Hunter
    Reborn!
    Nurarihyon no Mago (23 pag.)
    Beelzebub
    Kochikame
    Kuroko no Basket
    Magico
    Enigma

#41:
    Bakuman (Lead Color Page)
    Beelzebub, ST&RS, Enigma (Color Page)
    Kurogane (23 pg.)

Bleach is out of the bottom this week, hooray for that. Magico on the other hand still there. Harisugawa 6th for its first official ranking is not bad it even beat out ST&RS. Enigma last place again, it don't looks so good.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Toriko dropped to 5th! But I have no worries once the Gourmet World adventure starts it'll keep a 2nd place until it ends >.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Gintama is third. Oh yeah.

Bleach is 7th>.>

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Figures right when I start reading Kuroko it starts to plummet a bit. Being the only sports manga in Jump gives it a hefty advantage though, don't see them axing it anytime soon as a result.

Things aren't looking good for Magico and Enigma. I'm inclined to believe Magico would be out first seeing as it hasn't been around as long, but hopefully they can increase their rankings in the upcoming ToC's. (Magico is one I really don't want to see go) Also, Beel going from top 5 to bottom 5 confuses me to no end. It really is a chapter to chapter basis with Tamura.

Harisugawa and ST&RS 6th and 8th respectively, good news for the new kids on the block. Both are really good and should get a solid run in Jump. I checked out the oneshot for Kurogane, and while I enjoyed it the story isn't anything to write home about. I'll keep an eye on it's ToC ranking, but I don't think it'll have as much initial success as the last two new series at the very least.

Here's the link to the oneshot if anybody's interested.

Kurogane

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

It's hard to say anything about the current chapters of Kuroko as the scanlations are about 20 chapters behind.

Magico sells too nicely to just axe it now ;P, it should reach to at least the 3rd volume.

Enigma... well it had it's time, but there isn't any mystery type manga in jump (it's more like guessing what powers they have and how they will use them ;p), nonetheless one full arc is always a good thing.

Harisugawa... hmmmm I somehow stopped reading it, probably too much echi...

Inumaru Dashi is a new series ?

Jump Issue #41
    Bakuman(Lead CP/Cover)
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Sket Dance
    Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
    Beelzebub (Center Colour)
    Toriko
    Bleach
    ST&RS (Center Colour)
    Kurogane - 23 pages
    Kochikame
    Enigma (Center Colour)
    Medaka Box
    Reborn
    Inumaru Dash
    Gintama
    Hunter x Hunter
    Kuroko no Basket
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    Magico

Jump Issue 42 Information
    Cover: Hunter x Hunter or One Piece
    Lead CP: Hunter x Hunter
    Center Colour: Bleach, Sket Dance, Gintama
    Oneshot - PSI Kusuo Saiki
    Sket Dance x Gintama Anime collaboration Poster!

HA! Harisugawa, way to go. 4th place too, not bad. Bleach is in the 6th spot hooray for the that. Mago is back in the bottom and Magico is last. That blows.:(

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Well no surprise there with Magico. The last arc is really bad for me.