Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    Yes, that's true. I guess you do have to consider that the 14th originally betrayed the Earl anyway. But really, the Hitler guy, I forget his name, just knowing that Allen is the 14th, it seems like he'd want to get rid of Allen for that alone. I guess only time will tell. Man, do I feel sorry for Allen.
    Hmm, I think that Rouvelier must be a risk-taker.

1) When the Earl almost recovered the Akuma Egg, he tried to countermand the order to destroy the egg, presumably to instead order the Generals to try recover it despite the risk of the Earl stealing it back, but reluctantly gave up when told it was impossible.

2) He took Lenalee, a potential heart candidate, to Helvaleska to have her innocence put in forcefully (a process that had never worked and might create a giant monster) while the level 4 akuma was rampaging through the order, chasing after Komui who was also going to Helvaleska. With every other exorcist incapacitated by the level 4's initial scream. That was insanely risky on so many levels. And he had no way of knowing whether Lenalee would be able to stop the level 4 even if she did synchronize. Don't forget that he was also risking his own life - if anything had gone wrong, he'd be at ground zero, unable to escape. The safer action would have been to do what Hevaleska asked, take all the Innocence and run to the Ark. In the end, his chance-taking paid off, but it was a close thing. Say what you will, but Rouvelier clearly has balls.

3) Cross probably told Rouvelier what Allen was long before he reached the new headquarters, yet he was willing to wait until Allen had made the gate before restraining him.

So, not freaking out just because Allen is actually a Noah seems very much in character. Currently he has a Musician to operate the Ark who he knows is not currently a traitor, and who could potentially serve as good bait to lure the Earl into a trap. Best case scenario this will eventually become a person who shares Rouvelier's goal of destroying the Earl and has first hand knowledge of how the Earl operates. Worst case the 14th wakes up surrounded by exorcists who can mob then restrain or kill him.

No wonder why Rouvelier's been looking so pleased.

Also, this seems obvious to the point that I suspect I'm missing something. The sword created when Allen goes over his limit is supposed to kill a Noah without killing the human host. Couldn't he, like, stab himself or something? I suppose this could backfire as stabbing seemed to make Tyki's Noah even stronger, but Allen's innocence is inside him all the time. Maybe it's evolved or is evolving into a form that can protect Allen from his Noah? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Speckles View Post
    Also, this seems obvious to the point that I suspect I'm missing something. The sword created when Allen goes over his limit is supposed to kill a Noah without killing the human host. Couldn't he, like, stab himself or something? I suppose this could backfire as stabbing seemed to make Tyki's Noah even stronger, but Allen's innocence is inside him all the time. Maybe it's evolved or is evolving into a form that can protect Allen from his Noah? Just a thought.
    Personally, I think it made the Noah in Tyki stronger because Tyki was suppressing it and made it "too miniscule" to be destroyed, but it weakened Tyki enough to make him stop suppressing it.

I don't believe Allen stabbing himself would work either. The sword destroys the inner evil of a being. If the 14th isn't evil, then it'd simply not work.

From what the Earl said in chapter 8 pg 7, the 14th is siding with the Innocence...
    So maybe it will be a joint thing. And is it by coincidence that the Earl and Allen have the same sword??

So then the Earl knows that Allen is the 14th reincarnate or that the 14th left Allen as the muscian? I don't know seems kind of coincidental that the Earl would find out about Allen. And he wasn't in the Ark when Allen found the room so how could he have known it was Allen? It could have been Cross for all he knew.

And as for the stabbing - I think that though the Noah is evil its human host may be good enough to hold it back. Look at Tykil. I think his Human host was trying to hold back the Noah. Maybe the 14th just did a better job of it then any other Noah. So if the Noah is inherently evil then I think the Sword would still work. But then it could be taking out the Akuma in Allen as well or just might make him go insane. I don't think Allen will take that risk.

The Earl knew that it'd be either Cross or Allen since he had said himself that he could never figure out Cross and that he knew Cross made contact with the 14th prior to Allen being implanted with the memories of the 14th.
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

argh... i am more liking allen become 14th...because im loving the Noah Clans...
    for sure, dont ever blame me...me i love Allen too...but curious to see Allen become 14th...

XD...
    sometime thingking abt Innocence power...Noah's are better...

In my opinion Allen will probaly attempt to run or to kill himself and of course lenalee will come in at THE LAST SECOND AND SAVE HIM.(hopefully creating another of those rare AllenXlenalee moments.)oh yeah and about if mana really loved Allen. I think he did because what the hell would be the point of giving him a usefull curse if he knew Allen would turn into the 14th.(can't Noah "sense" Akuma?)oh i almost forgot to say .....WTF!!! cross hugged Allen (at least we know he pity's allen now.This is the only thing I can post that goes with what this thread is about but I have many more Ideas......
    Last edited by A Shadow; 07-23-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: forgot about cross

110% D.Gray-fan Miss_Clockworks's Avatar
    you know what? sometimes I'm not sure myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinny View Post
    Just to let you guys know; there won't be any new chapter next week.

So annoying. The story finally gets back on track and we have to wait. -__- how typical.

WHAT?! ugh. Why Hoshino? WHY? we stood by you during that random zombie arc and you reward with heart-breaking news and hope for a restarting plot and then leave us in suspense. i can't take much more. next thing we know she'll go on hiatus of the whole thing *knocks on wood* couldn't Hoshino have done this with a less climactic chapter? ;__; poor Allen, i need something to erase that horror-struck face he had. now i have to wait *sigh* well the anime keeps me from going insane though ^^;
    I don't CARE if the glass is half full or half empty, who the @%$# drank my soda?!
    D.Gray-man is my EVERY-drug

T-T Is it for certain that there's no D.Gray-man this week? if so, that sucks!!!