Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    The movie is canon, and Billy went off to live with the other animals on the fallen island.

Questions to Oda:
    Keep the questions coming. Whether he got the last ones or not let's just keep asking until we get at least one!

Hmmm, I don't think it is... Otherwise Shiki would've been in Impel Down while Luffy was there.

Edit: I know that Oda wrote it... But I still think that he intended this particular story to remain outside of the manga's canon.
    Last edited by Roshi; 10-19-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    Hmmm, I don't think it is... Otherwise Shiki would've been in Impel Down while Luffy was there.

Edit: I know that Oda wrote it... But I still think that he intended this particular story to remain outside of the manga's canon.
    I still say it's canon since Shiki is in the manga and some parts of the movie were used in some of the chapters after it (the plant and animals in the island Luffy trained). Damn, is this the first time a mangaka actually did this?

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    I still say it's canon since Shiki is in the manga and some parts of the movie were used in some of the chapters after it (the plant and animals in the island Luffy trained). Damn, is this the first time a mangaka actually did this?
    The animals that Luffy trained on Rusukaina were not the animals from the movie... Unless you're talking about different animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    The animals that Luffy trained on Rusukaina were not the animals from the movie... Unless you're talking about different animals.
    Wait, my bad. Not really sure I just assumed it is. But the big plant Luffy left his hat is definitely a daft green, you know the plant which the animals can't stand.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Wait, my bad. Not really sure I just assumed it is. But the big plant Luffy left his hat is definitely a daft green, you know the plant which the animals can't stand.
    Very well could be... It definitely looks similar, and it would explain why that place is the only safe place on the island... Nice catch.

OP Strong World ain't Canon, not only having Oda writing it had implemented many things crossing the Movie with the actual story.

"This is Luffy's last adventure as a 17yrd" - Oda

Chapter 0 is part of the real story, Shiki was in chapter 0. The plant the was shown in chapter 597 it is a Daft Green, the keeps the strong animals away from it.

It is the ONLY movie that isn't canon. Took place obviously after thriller bark. If I remember correctly also, I think in the manga besides chapter 0 Sengoku mentions only 1 escapee in Impel downs history that could only been in the anime though.

My personal thoughts on the shiki matter, I really doubt he will be introducing Shiki in upcoming chapters. I see it as what's done is done.