• Average

4 16.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Horrible

2 8.00%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Cause she was dead, and the Hunter Nin's main job is to get rid of the dead bodies of their own ninja. I guess they just saw her as more important.
    Right, the ninja definitely said "..he got (to) us", being internationally inclusive if rin since her death greatly hinders or outright stops their immediate plan. If she was included as moreso, an actual ninja of the mist by birth, konaha as spy, the mist ninja would have clear reason to retrieve her body no matter what their plan was. This by itself is more than enough to keep the theory of kakashi's sharingan as the target in play for discussion.

Also, the possible role rin has as a spy, anyone else associating her with kabuto as both young medical nin in dubious capacity in konaha? Anyone else starting preliminary thought drawing rin 's possible double cross to the strange emotional capabilities of kabuto's mom?

Come to think about it, the conditions suddenly seem different in retrospect. The mist ninja were already steeped in their bloody culture of their young killing their young in reflection of uchiha realities itachi described (did madara visit mist well before we think?) Regardless of why, the mist were well underway with their brutal internal power structure. That power structure has strict requirements of killing your emotions in order to be used as a tool and kill those that trust you as a friend. Rin, by the nature of her gift to kakashi for becoming a joining could also be seen as the type of gift a clueless root ninja like said would give. Her expressions seem to be as contrived and asvawkward as sai's before he was cured by naruto. Minato and obito gave kakashi something that was their deeply personal and signature utility whereas rin gave him something the a mind would come up with and not a heart. It might be a stretch or it might not but there are emerging circumstances parallel to kabuto and said that if they continue to appear, will be harder and harder to discount and them any rin dedicated flashback will contain a small bit about how obito 'naruto'd" her long enough to send her into an emotional crisis, being that even the slightest feeling would be nearly impossible to cope with successfully against the tidal wave of brain washing and brutality that would have shaped a child spy from the hidden mist
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

I have an idea.
    You know all of those explosions of water? I think they might be connected to the experimental bodies plan.
    What if kakashi and rin were there with an entire squad of ninjas against the mist injas, but they developed a technique to turn bodies into living bombs and make them explode from the inside? Kakashi might have been forced to kill rin to prevent her from exploding and saving his own life like this. Rin's body would still carry traes of the mist's jutsu that they want to get back at all costs. And the thing they were aiming at, was probably kakashi's sharingan.

@ Knife eater

Nah, i don't think she killed her emotions nor was involved with the bloody mist. SHe cried for obito truly, she displayed true emotions. And the gift she made to kakashi was something special from her, because she's a medical ninja, she prepared a medical kit just for him.

Quote Originally Posted by seventhreewun View Post
    there is one huge major flaw with how kakashi received his EMS. he never used it during the naruto series until shippuden. and even then, he specifically said in the anime and manga that he was able to activate it using a "special trick (or jutsu) that he developed which does not coincide with the fact that he had it all along. you can go back and re watch or read this when he uses his EMS against deidara.
    Even though he unlosked it here does not mean he could activate it at will untill he was strong enough. Remember it was revealed Sasuke unlocked his sharingan when he saw Itachi kill his parents because of the trauma but did not re unlock it and the ability to use it consistently until the fight with Haku. I think Kakashi gaining his MS sharingan here is good as it also makes sense he faints strait away with this new chakra load on him while Obito is able to take it in his stride because he is an Uchiha

Three thoughts on the chapter:

So far, Rin being a Mist spy seems to be the most likely option. To add fuel to this fire, I'd like to point out that she has the same hair color as Mei. Not that this is an instant sign of kinship, but it has worked petty well so far. Since Mei is presumably only a little older than Kakashi, Rin being her younger sister doesn't seem insane. It also creates the motive for the Hunter-nin to be there. If she is Mei's relative, she would share those two bloodline limits, which would definitely make her body valuable.

I also noted that when Obito started going bananas with the wood style, a number of the mazo-receiver-needles appeared on his body. This is a wild guess, but it probably allowed Madara to control him in a manner similar to what we say with the six paths. It wouldn't also be the first time that someone awakens their Madara-related eyepowers and suddenly goes on a berserk rampage (Nagato). That explains the skill level Obito pulled out of nowhere.

On a more critical note, I'm surprised the battle was that easy for Obito. He was dealing with an army of Mist Ninjas, none of whom used any ninjutsu. None.

Quote Originally Posted by roboduckie001 View Post
    I also noted that when Obito started going bananas with the wood style, a number of the mazo-receiver-needles appeared on his body. This is a wild guess, but it probably allowed Madara to control him in a manner similar to what we say with the six paths. It wouldn't also be the first time that someone awakens their Madara-related eyepowers and suddenly goes on a berserk rampage (Nagato). That explains the skill level Obito pulled out of nowhere.

On a more critical note, I'm surprised the battle was that easy for Obito. He was dealing with an army of Mist Ninjas, none of whom used any ninjutsu. None.
    I also noticed the mazo-receiver-needles and if this whole situation is not set up this could be why Madara was so sure Obito would return, maybe Madara embedded it into the senju half of Obito's body so when either his MS activated or he was full able to use Mokuton-Sashiki. These could be used to control Obito or just track him.

The mist ninja thing is strange especially since they were using jutsu before Obito got there

- The Mist ninja said he got us meaning Rin was under some kind of jutsu effect. That or Rin possessed some kind of special ability which they wanted

- These where not ordinary shinobi but Mist ANBU which means this was a high level mission of some sort.

- lol so Kakashi awakened his MS back then and didn't even realize it lol...um ...

well I guess that is similar t Sasuke awakening his Sharingan during the Uchiha massacre then he passed out and forgot.

- Obito using his limited Mokutan style

- I can only lol a Zetsu comments I see why Madara choose you? He phrases it as if there was a large selection of wounded Uchiha who Madara could have chosen and Obito was the pick of the litter. Gimme break he didn't so much chose him as he just found him.

- So he was able to use the Mokutan to this extent makes you wonder why he doesn't use it now? .... Or was it only because he was combined with the Swirl-Zetsu armor that his mokutan ability was enhanced?

- a lot of pointless action felt more like a chapter of bleach...

To sum up this chapter in one word would be "Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh hh"
    Last edited by POW; 10-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

oh hahahah I just had a semi lame thought so it must be true with the direction this story is going...

- Rin is a descendant of the 1st Hokage and was Tsuande's niece. She may have some special rare Senju ability that the Mist ninja coveted.

- Since Kishi likes to keep it all in the "family" it makes sense in that she was also a skilled ninja medic. Those patches on her face might actually be seals like Tsuandes forehead seal.

- This is a bit more of a stretch but maybe she was considered the next potential candidate for Kurama just in case something went wrong with Kushina.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

My theory about the sharingan:

Logically it should be obvious that it's only AFTER you progress beyond the three-tomoe sharingan, that you achieve the ability to use MS. But even then, you need to kill or witness the death of a close person. To unlock it.
    The assumption that this has to be in a proper order seems understandable... but it's still two requirement's that Kakashi fulfiled before using MS, so i think that in the end, the order doesn't matter. He unlocked the MS first... but gained the ability to use it only after he mastered the sharingan.

As for Obito who, let's not forget, was figting the mist ninjas with an MS activated. He has the eye "implanted" into the part of his body that is compirsed of almost only Hashirama cell's. BTW notice how on the last panel only his left "eye" is crying? That part of his body absolutly MUST, enhance the propeties of the eye. Which is why later when he is tobi. he's still using a mask with one eye hole but has two eye's. The other eye has to be covered because it's not "his".

I personally don't like the spy theories, it seems too far-fetched as to develop this character (from a young age) that showed blatant emotion towards her teammates and mentor (unless she's THAT good). Then proceed to trap a bunch/a small group of Konoha ninja at a specific spot and ambushing them with superior ANBU level ninja. Surely, if she was a spy, she still has A LOT of intel to gather and ANBU ninja aren't necessary for this?

As for the things that I can make sense of logically, is that either she (like a lot of you said) had a kekkai genkai or that she contained a bijuu inside her and that would give both parties - the Leaf and Mist - a certain 'down time' for them to recover and reseal the bijuu. (Raikage mentioned this 'period' when he was trying to stop Naruto).

As for last-ditch effort/suicide to protect info, Kakashi's expressions and how this whole scene is drawn/written doesn't do it justice. The Mist can still take the Sharingan if Kakashi killed himself.

I don't see this being fully discussed and revealed until the flashbacks end and Kakashi answers back to Obito's "I'ts because you let Rin die" comment.

EDIT: just read about the Tsunade-relative post, that might seem logical too, as that's probably considered an important thing back in those times. Seeing how imba the Senju are. Then again, nothing's really logical after 600.

I think them wanting Kakashi's sharingan is stupid just by the fact if this series has taught us anything it is people can lose an eye and not really worry about it. Kakashi has already lost his left eye before I am pretty sure he would not hesitate to slash it himself Shisui Uchiha was able to rip out his own left eye, give it to Itachi with a smile on his face. It has to do something with Kakashi having to kill Rin. They way the mist nin said 'he got us' or whatever suggests she may have been involved in one of their jutsu's