Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 381 to 389 of 389
  1. #381
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    Sigh people who believe that Kubo had the time and energy to stop working on the manga to write a databook crack me up.

    You do understand Kubo and other Manga writers aren't taking a vacation or doing research when there is a break in the manga?

    Its a polite way of saying We are so Sorry they didn't meet the deadline this week.

    Pretty much all of thier time energy and effort is spent on meeting that deadline. Which is not easy...

    Databooks are ghostwritten scams designed by the producers to get more money from the readers the accuracy and validity varies from manga to manga.
    that can be true but not all the time

  2. #382
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    691
    Can you conclusively prove thats not the case with Bleach?

    The answer is no so the Databooks by nature can not be considered to be worth the paper they are printed on.

    As such you are left with whats in the manga.
    In the manga its stated that in order to achieve Shikai you need:
    1. Communication
    2. Sychronization

    Failing to meet one of the two means you can't achieve Shikai. There is no mention of exceptions. Kenpachi epicly fails on both fronts.

  3. #383
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    Can you conclusively prove thats not the case with Bleach?

    The answer is no so the Databooks by nature can not be considered to be worth the paper they are printed on.
    Can you conclusively prove that that's the case with Bleach?

    The answer is no so the Databooks by nature can be considered to be approved by the author as accurate.

  4. #384
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    691
    I can answer your question with the same one.

    Can you conclusively prove that its not the case?

    The answer is no so by nature the Databooks can not be considered accurate.

  5. #385
    Senior Member drgnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    I can answer your question with the same one.

    Can you conclusively prove that its not the case?

    The answer is no so by nature the Databooks can not be considered accurate.
    Actually you can't because the burden of proof falls on you. Why? Because common sense tells you that if his name is on the book as the author, its more likely that it reflects his intention than someone not on the book as an author. All the proof kuroihikari needs is to point to the authors section.

    Using your logic, we could say that all your arguments are weak because someone else might have helped write, or edit, the chapter you that you seem to think is the bible of how all Zanpaktous work. As such, it might not reflect Kubo's idea. Since you can't conclusively prove that its not the case you have no argument.
    Last edited by drgnx; 12-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    Spoiler!

  6. #386
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    691
    Just like Krusty the Clown in the Simpsons?
    Or Sarah Palin's going Rogue?

    Just because a product has a person's name on it doesn't mean they had anything to do with approving the content.

  7. #387
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    Just because a product has a person's name on it doesn't mean they had anything to do with approving the content.
    Yes, but you have to assume so unless you can prove otherwise. If you don't you're just a conspiracy nut.

  8. #388
    The Wise One shadowfox87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    Just because a product has a person's name on it doesn't mean they had anything to do with approving the content.
    Lol, now every book and published paper in the world is under question because they may not have been written by the author. It seems to me that you've lost this argument and now you are pulling conspiracy theories since you got nothing else you can say. I think you will only be satisfied if you talk to Kubo yourself, but then again you might think that the person you're talking is not Kubo, but another person in disguise!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

  9. #389
    Senior Member drgnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Focht View Post
    Just like Krusty the Clown in the Simpsons?
    Or Sarah Palin's going Rogue?

    Just because a product has a person's name on it doesn't mean they had anything to do with approving the content.
    Common sense: You can find hundreds, maybe thousands, of literature where the true author's name is not written on it, but compared to the billions of literature out there, that is a small number. In other words, there is a very small probability that an author will put his name on work he did not write.

    So you are pretty much saying, that unless we can prove the most likely scenario to be 100% true, this is your proof that the least likely scenario is true.

    If this is an example of how you reason, I think bleach might be a bit advanced for you.

    And again, your poor logic can be applied to the manga just as easily as the databook. That is why, without proof, it fails.

    Since those people have nothing to do with Kubo, this is a poor example: Considering Kubo is a writer and those 2 are not, not that it helps your argument even if they were writers. You also know you shouldn't use something that happens in a cartoon to prove an event in real life, right?
    Last edited by drgnx; 12-11-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    Spoiler!

Similar Threads

  1. Zanpakuto: Don't we all want one?
    By tatsukai1990 in forum Bleach
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 02:55 AM
  2. Kenpachi versus Noitora
    By AznDevil in forum Bleach
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 08:00 PM
  3. Has Zaraki Gotten Better?
    By Chad in forum Bleach
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM
  4. Kenpachi vs. Noitora
    By AznDevil in forum Bleach
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2007, 06:25 AM
  5. Zaraki and Grimmjow
    By nabeel27 in forum Bleach
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •