Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521

    Naruto chapter 364 mistranslation

    To the scanlators of Naruto chapter 364.

    There's apparently some who are stating that you guys have made a MISTRANSLATION on this chapter, in the page where "Tobi" says "my power....uchiha madara's power"

    There's claims that other people translated this as being "the power of me, uchiha madara"


    This is important because we are having a LOT of debate on this whole new development and that part in particular has been the source of a huge heated debate. So I would appreciate it if you guys would take another look at the translation in case it's not correct.

    Personally my vote goes on you guys, who are experienced at this sort of thing, than some random translator. But in all fairness we all make mistakes so I'll just wait and see what you guys respond.

    Instead of deleting this thread please give us a response and move it over to the Naruto discussion forum (maybe even stickied) so that it's clear to everyone which translation is the proper one.

  2. #2
    Umbra Mortis Umbrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    44
    The translation used was by HisshouBuraiKen, this the trans thread:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showt...t=15960&page=2

    He goes liberal on phrases that he don't like how they sound when translated literal, but still, I dont see the difference (in interpretation) between "my power....uchiha madara's power" and "the power of me, uchiha madara"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbrel View Post
    The translation used was by HisshouBuraiKen, this the trans thread:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showt...t=15960&page=2

    He goes liberal on phrases that he don't like how they sound when translated literal, but still, I dont see the difference (in interpretation) between "my power....uchiha madara's power" and "the power of me, uchiha madara"
    Lol, it's clearly different:

    "My power... Uchiha Madar's power" can be interpreted like Tobi has the power Madara had, so he had stolen her or whatever, but take it thanks to her.

    And:
    "The power of me, Uchiha Madara" simply means that the character that's talking IS Madara Uchiha!


    It's clearly diferent, Umbrel!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    I Run New York
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Lol, it's clearly different:

    "My power... Uchiha Madar's power" can be interpreted like Tobi has the power Madara had, so he had stolen her or whatever, but take it thanks to her.

    And:
    "The power of me, Uchiha Madara" simply means that the character that's talking IS Madara Uchiha!


    It's clearly diferent, Umbrel!
    yeah as stated that's a very important phrase and it's causing a whole lot of debating, so what is the correct translation?

  5. #5
    Administrator Umbra037's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    172
    Moved thread to proper forum.
    I am the moonlight walking.

  6. #6
    Ultimate Sharingan gohanex999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    283
    Very interesting, but I think it may of been some fan hoping it was Madara but you'll never know, personally I think it will be kinda stupid of Tobi was Uchiha Madara I mean come on... Why is everyone living forever now?

  7. #7
    Umbra Mortis Umbrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by gohanex999 View Post
    Very interesting, but I think it may of been some fan hoping it was Madara but you'll never know, personally I think it will be kinda stupid of Tobi was Uchiha Madara I mean come on... Why is everyone living forever now?
    I don't think it is unexpected, I mean, of all the Akatasuki that have died so far, the only one not inmortal to some point was Deidara, and his idea of life (giving that his art was his life) was to be brief, big and go with a bang, most likely the remaining guys are semi inmortal too, I mean there's a guy with flycatcher plant around his head, and he eats corpses, the least I expect from Zetsu is to be inmortal too.

  8. #8
    Red-Eye Manga Addict EyeSomeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    15
    which is another reason i made a post on mangahelpers about TRANSLATIONS!!!

    there seem to be to many versions/interpretations of translation, ahhhh, some at the very least needs to be standard, cus i have now taken to downloading 2 different versions of one chapter just incase i missed somethin in one translation
    How Crazy Can You Be
    To Build An Aquarium Under The Sea

    Filled with Tiny Little Men
    All Captured and Some Are Dead

  9. #9
    Umbra Mortis Umbrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    44
    I still don't see the point (perhaps because I'm the kind that just follows the plot rather than trying to guess it) but either way sounds to me like "I am Uchiha Madara", if there is an ambigous interpretation in it, most likely comes literal from japanese, since jap it's pretty ambigous it self, especially in manga where the idea is to hide the plot.

  10. #10
    Let's see.... "Tobi" exactly says:

    "Sharingan no Honto Chikara ga"
    --> The true power of the Sharingan.

    "Kono... Uchiha Madara no Chikara ga"
    --> This... Uchiha Madara's Power.

    I'm still learning japanese and I'm far from being any expert, so I don't know if "Kono" have other meanings, but I'd say the exactly lit. translation would be:

    Nowhere says anything about himself being Madara.
    Last edited by damnz; 07-28-2007 at 03:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •