Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Diablo III

Hybrid View

Diablo III

Today Blizzard announced Diablo III:
    "wo decades have passed since the demonic denizens, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, wandered the world of Sanctuary in a vicious rampage to shackle humanity into unholy slavery. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils directly, the memory fades slowly and the wounds of the soul still burn.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells--and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

* Explore a fully-realized Sanctuary--the living, breathing gothic fantasy world of Diablo III rendered in gorgeous 3D.
    * Battle the unholy forces of the Burning Hells with all-new character classes like the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo's past: such as the fierce Barbarian.
    * Rain Hell on your enemies wielding the interactive environment as a weapon: lay cunning traps, turn destructible objects against your foes, and use environmental obstacles to your advantage--all powered by the Havoc physics system.
    * Experience the intensity of multiplayer Diablo III over an all-new, wickedly-enhanced Battle.net platform with numerous enhancements to make connecting with your friends easier--and cooperative gameplay more fun. "

Here is a link to several videos include an awesome teaser trailer:
    http://www.shackvideo.com/?id=12415

I can't wait...I was a HUGE fan of the first two! What are your thoughts? Memories or moments of previous versions? Things you'd like to see in the 3rd? Speak people!

Not bad... but it looks pretty similar to diablo 2 in gameplay, just a boost to their environment and graphics. Is there any detail on the "all-new, wickedly-enhanced Battle.net platform with numerous enhancements" and whether it is a pay-to-play like WoW?

I like that they didn't change up the game play too much...afterall, the hack-and-slash world is partly what made the game so much fun! I spent MANY hours with my magic-finding mage, kicking ass on Baal and others to see what they dropped!

So far, I haven't read any more details about battle.net but I figure it will probably be similar to current previous versions (coop and competitive). I hope it isn't in the WoW format ($-to-play) :( I am sure many more details will emerge now that the announcement has been made.

Be sure to check out that game footage...pretty badass finale!

Hell yea FINNALY THE BRABARIAN HAS RETRURED
    http://dragonsas.mybrute.com/ fight
    manga's and anime i follow or followed
    Spoiler!

^Finally some excitement! I felt like I was the only one...

I should really post more MidKnight's Avatar
    sweet, ive been meaning to get diablo 2, but now i'll just wait for this! hope its f2p, since im cheap =p... im pretty excited...
    Asgardias
    -----

-----
    |=|Other Sigs|=|
    >Naruto Sig
    >Gundam Crossbone Sig
    >Ichigo Sig
    -----
    *****>>>>>HAS YOU HEARD ABOUT THE WORD?<<<<<*****

Dog House Inspector StateOfMind's Avatar
    -->Big Diablo/blizzard fan...Almost shitmyself when i heard this officely came out..Damn i seriously cannot wait..So many wasted days playing diablo 2..But whos the big boss man in this game?
    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
    I Have Patty Hurst Syndrome!

When I heard they were going to make a Starcraft II it was kind of obvious that they were going to make a Diablo III. It's finally official, which is pretty exciting news.

I think Blizzard is helping to pump life back into PC gaming. Ever since I got my 360 I've never bothered to play any PC games. With Starcraft II and Diablo III set to be released I'm going to have to upgrade my PC and get back into gaming .

Definitely dust off the old copy

Dog House Inspector StateOfMind's Avatar
    Just watched the gameplay video looked Sick especially the end where the barbarian got eaten by the huge thing at the very end..Def looks like a auto buy
    I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
    I Have Patty Hurst Syndrome!

Can't wait, but Diablo was one of the most addictive games in my life, so I will just finish single player lol.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter