Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oda SBS-thread - interesting answers!(might contain spoilers from oda himself)

I'd thought i'd make a thread that helps us out for the future hehe:

Question1
    D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.

This is interesting, he obviously means dr. vegapunk! Can't wait!

Question2

D: Hello, Odacchi. I'm a high school senior re-reading Volume 47. About Ab-sama's wild and cute mouthy mouth, did that belong to the lion Nami saw from the carriage in Volume 46?! Did they switch faces?! Like plastic surgery?! I guess that chin of his must have had some mental complex that kept him from getting married! Let me hear the truth from YOUR mouth, now. P.N. Failing Exam Student

O: I see, so you noticed that... I'm afraid I will keep my mouth shut, however. Yes, it is true that that lion's muzzle was transplanted to Absalom's face by Hogback. However, there's no proof that the human mouth the lion has originally came from Absalom. There might be a different zombie with the same scars. I'm keeping my mouth shut, for the few Absalom fans out there.

Hmmm, so there might be a return of absalom (and co)

Question3
    D: Odacchi. I love your manga. I have a question. What happens if Chopper eats four Rumble Balls? I've always wondered about that. Draw a picture, please. Nickname: Hama-chan

O: Very good, sir. →
    When he eats three, his Devil Fruit Powers go wild, but if he eats FOUR Rumble Balls, the author goes wild.

i find this interesting because of the 'Very good, sir'. He might be implying something even if he makes a joke after it.

Question4

D: Question!! If God Ener were to descend to the Blue Sea, how much would his bounty be? Also, what would happen if he did that? Would he rule the Blue Sea? P.N. Gorozoro

O: I see. Interesting question. Knowing how tricky he would be to beat, I'd imagine he could reach as much as 500 million. Luffy was lucky to be rubber. But like Luffy said, there all sorts of even crazier guys down on the Blue Sea. Ener would NOT rule it.

If anyone has any other interesting ones, share them here please! I recommend reading them, i took the serious ones but some are really funny lol.xD

http://arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

just eat and sleep admril fire fist ace's Avatar
    D: Oda Eiichiro-sensei, can you really stretch out your arms and legs? (Like Luffy) It was written in Jump.
    O: Whoa! I thought I told them to keep it a secret.
    Spoiler!

D: If Zoro and Sanji had a big fight, who would emerge victorious? Zoro beat Mr. 1, so I guess... Zoro would be the winner, right...?

O: Whoa! You scared me... for a second it looked like "If Zoro and Sanji had a dick fight" (in Japanese, at least). Hey man, learn to punctuate better or something. You know what I mean. ...okay, see you next time!

just eat and sleep admril fire fist ace's Avatar
    D: Does Shanks like me?
    O: I don't care!

D: Did you know that Coby's father is the world champion of jump-rope?
    O: No... I did not know that. Coby's dad sure is amazing...
    Spoiler!

D: Brrrrrring... brrrrrrring... hello, Odacchi? Put your thumb in your mouth, and spin around. SEXY POSE! ♥ Ehehehehehe... did it work?

O: Hey hey hey. Just now? I was like, soooooo sexy. Was I supposed to go to the right? Whoa whoa... I shouldn't be doing this.

(Oda is a genius)

Veteran Member
    D: Who is this person "Itou Mikio" that appears in the three manga "One Piece", "Butsu Zone" and "Rurouni Kenshin"? It wasn't even cleared up in "Butsu Zone", so I would really like it if you would explain.

D: I'll ask you directly! Who is Itou Mikio? I'm really curious.
    I found him: in Volume 1, pg.14, the third panel, behind the first mate.
    pg.16, the first panel, on the bottle.
    p.86, the second panel, behind Luffy.
    In volume 2, the cover page on pg.3, beside Zoro.

He seems like a wanted suspect! Please tell me. What is he?

O: So you found it. You got me. He exists. He certainly does.
    His name is Mikio Itoo (pronounced E-2), and he's a quick draw. The characters in "Butsu Zone" (Which was drawn by "Sandan Takei" (aka Takei Hiroyuki), who is currently drawing "Shaman King" for Jump, and "Rurouni Kenshin" called "Mikio Itou" who were traveling actors are actually the same person. Let's just say he's a "fellow runner in the wilderness". How many times has he saved our lives with his covering fire? Maybe sometime soon, he will reveal himself to you all.
    Spoiler!

D: I thought up a new special move for Luffy.

First, he uses the "Gomu Gomu Balloon" to make his stomach swell up.

Then, use the "Gomu Gomu Pistol" (or one of Zoro's swords) to pop a hole in his stomach.

Explosion!! The name of the move is Gomu Gomu "Bomb"!!

O: Thank you for sharing. But then Luffy would, you know. Die.

lol

Question1
    D: Excuse me!! May I pose a serious question to the typically-vulgar SBS?? In Volume 46, Usopp said that the same power doesn't exist twice. But this doesn't make sense with what you said in the Volume 45 SBS... If the Gomu Gomu Fruit was in a book of fruits, then Luffy HAD to have eaten at least the SECOND known example of the fruit! Now, most beautiful and intelligent Ei-chan, explain it all! ✩ P.N. Takafi

O: Very sharp of you. But I'm cool. I haven't made any mistakes. As a hint, let me rephrase what Usopp is saying. "The same powers don't exist twice AT THE SAME TIME." How's that? For more detail, you'll just have to wait for a certain professor to make his appearance in the story, and explain exactly what the Devil Fruits REALLY are... Eventually.
    ............ That seems very interesting, and helps explain ALOT of things... Like why there's a "book" and records that list the abilities of Devil Fruits, meaning there had to be more than one kind of the same fruit in history, and how Shanks knew the fruit Luffy ate was the Rubber-fruit before it was eaten. There seems to be something "magical/mysthical'' about the fruits after all... Ya i guess Oda's explanation adds up, but the details haven't been exlpored yet !! I wonder when will Vegapunk appear in the story and explain the remaning mysteries...

D: Do all Devil Fruit have that swirly pattern on them?

O: That's right. It's what distinguishes them from other fruit. Sometimes I wonder if Sanji himself is a Devil Fruit.

D: Do all Devil Fruit have that swirly pattern on them?

O: That's right. It's what distinguishes them from other fruit. Sometimes I wonder if Sanji himself is a Devil Fruit.

rofl...