I need some help with editing

Well, I always have problem with redraw the line like in the picture. Many time, when I take the test to become Editors for manga groups, I stop here cause I dont have any effective to deal with it.

I cannot clone them because the lines get smaller as they go. Any help?

Retired Administrator
    Do you have the full source image?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Depending on the quality they are looking for, I would put the text over it first to cover up as much of the original text as possible. Then clone away the Japanese.
    I am the moonlight walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofcat View Post
    Do you have the full source image?
    Yeah, here is the whole image

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra037 View Post
    Depending on the quality they are looking for, I would put the text over it first to cover up as much of the original text as possible. Then clone away the Japanese.
    There are times that I can use words to cover up. However, when I try to fix a double page, I have to fix it some ways. I cannot clone those lines. You can see that the lines get close as we go. It likes the " V " word. I tried, but without any success.

Any advices please. Thanks in advance

screw it and write over it?

I don't suppose cloning is the best method by any means, but it works. This is the result of 3 mins of testing and an actual 2 mins of cleaning.

Some people whine too much, I say do what ninjastik said. Which readers would care about something small like that? I know I don't.

True, but you do want quality in your work. It's more satisfying for everyone when a scanlation looks as best as it can.

I totally agree with you, Umbra037. It is all about the quality of the work. Beside, to cover such area, you need to make the words really big (even with stroke), and it will make the page look ridiculus.

Well, it seems like I need more practice before I can call myself an editor. Here is one of my work, not really good though

BEFORE

AFTER