13 54.17%
  • So So

3 12.50%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Horrible

2 8.33%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I will say that detection might be the case for a normal person not to use it, but Obito isn't really a normal person. On top of being a ninja who is already presumed dead, Kamui makes it nearly impossible for him to ever successfully be tracked or apprehended. He would be the one person who could use it without worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Execution View Post
    I will say that detection might be the case for a normal person not to use it, but Obito isn't really a normal person. On top of being a ninja who is already presumed dead, Kamui makes it nearly impossible for him to ever successfully be tracked or apprehended. He would be the one person who could use it without worry.
    Being able to run away is all well and good but it does not help Madaras plan at all having attention drawn to his plan before he is ready. That was the entire reason Akatsuki was made was to allow Obito to operate in the shadows, so to then show a power like that is not smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Why doesn't tobi use mokuton?

* His soon to develop disdain for hashirama /senju?

* The chakra circulatory system is too complex with zetsu attached to an already broken body. Molding chakra might be a big hassle for him with his damaged chakra "organs", "arteries", and "veins". I wonder what the byakugan sees when directed towards the obito+zetsu fusion.

* Mokuton might take hefty tolls when using it. Obito may have permanently lost a proportionate amount of chakra to the amount of physical body he lost.

* Zetsu might not have the vitality factor the real hashirama had nor the beastly amounts of chakra. Possibly a factor?

* Any witnessed use of mokuton would draw too much suspition if not yamato. Considering that up until now a certain degree of secrecy had to be kept at all times. Hard to keep people away from learning those secrets when the unique bloodline limit of a legendary figure is used in a fight that doesn't leave tobi's opponent dead.

* Obito is often clumsy; he might be trying to avoid splinters.

That's the best I can come up with atm. Since tobi used only his sharingan and occasional summoning technique (9 tails) for goodness knows how long, I am leaning towards his chakra system being traumatized or outright destroyed in roughly half his body. Remember when naruto had trouble molding chakra before jiraya fixed the 9 tails seal? Well, obito might have a similar problem with zetsu being attached and impacting the chakra flow.

EDIT: Scratch all that. I reread the chapter and obito's mokuton grew from his wooden hand. Since it isn't a release/jutsu and doesn't seem to be chakra based in the sense that obito molds it with earth and water elements.. I am going to say it is not mokuton but simply plant life expanding from his arm.
    Last edited by knife eater; 09-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Being able to run away is all well and good but it does not help Madaras plan at all having attention drawn to his plan before he is ready. That was the entire reason Akatsuki was made was to allow Obito to operate in the shadows, so to then show a power like that is not smart.
    I still don't see how having Mokuton directly links someone to Madara. It might if Madara was the only one who took Hashirama's cells, but you're forgetting about Orochimaru. Orochimaru was still around long before the war took place and being a missing nin who was never apprehended means that he had ample time to find more victims like Yamato to experiment on. The only people who connected him to Madara were Minato and Itachi.

If the village was to link a masked man that could use Mokuton to anyone it would most likely be Orochimaru rather than a dead man. Even the highest ranking member of Akatsuki wasn't made privy to some things and Itachi knew little more than him, so even if they did connect him to Madara the idea that the plan itself would be leaked prematurely seems unlikely. I'm almost certain that no one actually knew of the giant Hashirama tree other than Zetsu, Obito, and Madara (later Kabuto). Besides by the time Obito had actually joined Akatsuki in person he was already prepared to go to war (if not he wouldn't have actually told the Kages the plan or showed himself to Itachi) he just wasn't expecting to be betrayed by Nagato.

@knife eater

I don't know about that first reason it didn't seem to stop Madara at all and he hated the man more than anyone.

I believe even Madara himself couldn't use the Full Mokuton prior to being made complete via Oro/Kabuto's augmentations. He even said there was a technique he "wanted to try" before using it on Naruto. I think during the time of the Obito flashbacks, Madara's greatest use of the Mokuton was in slowly growing life forms and imbuing them with his mental energies to give them intelligence. In other words, it's similar to the Creation of All Things technique, albeit much more slow to take effect (combining Senju powers to give life with Uchiha powers of imagination/spirit).

It's possible Madara (and perhaps Tobi) could use Mokuton on the level Danzou performed, but perhaps even that is beyond them.

EDIT: When I say full Mokuton, I mean Joukai Koutan or w/e the technique was called, where he creates a forest instantaneously to attack. The Flower Tree World is another power that was probably beyond Non-Edo Madara.
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 09-27-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Making a little branch go out of your hand will not help much in battle, it's better to grab a metal pole from somewhere, or even from his pocket dimension.

Tobi admitted that indifference to Danzou, he has mastered Hashirama's power (Danzou could only barely restrain Hashirama's power from going out of control). In this chapter we saw that he can use it, but not at the level where it is useful in battle, or simply it just take out too much chakra. Mokuton for Obito might be as hellishly draining as MS for Kakashi. Not to mention that none of the Zetsu were able to create forest with Mokuton, the best in using it is Black Zetsu, but he too only uses branches while fighting.

Kamui is a one-hit-sure-win technique, as long as Obito sucks someone, he doesn't need to worry about anything else.

Two questions:

--Isn't there a basic whole in Kishi's explanation of Tobi's power? Whenever he phases through something or someone, he does, in fact, send his entire body to another dimension, and not just the part that's being attacked (as Kakashi suggested). That's why he can't touch and be touched at the same time. Right?

--Since Kakashi can warp people and things at a distance (and not only with physical contact), does that mean that his use of Kamui is superior to Tobi's?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Two questions:

--Isn't there a basic whole in Kishi's explanation of Tobi's power? Whenever he phases through something or someone, he does, in fact, send his entire body to another dimension, and not just the part that's being attacked (as Kakashi suggested). That's why he can't touch and be touched at the same time. Right?

--Since Kakashi can warp people and things at a distance (and not only with physical contact), does that mean that his use of Kamui is superior to Tobi's?
    The explanation we have is sloppy. Konan discerned it one way and kakashi another. Parts of his body under direct attack will instantaneously transfer to the other dimension while the parts not under attack remain. So why then can't the remaining parts make physical contact with the attacking opponent? The only way i see this working out like it does is if his entire body and/person (things he's holding etc.) Enter a "staging" point when the jutsu activates and any part of his body making contact with something else will automatically transfer. It appears obito does not control the jutsu in that he can be selective with his warped body parts but also his entire body is not warped.

IM not so sure kakashi's kamui is superior. He only recently increased the size of objects he can transfer and even then it's a huge cost. Tobi can warp multiple humans without so much as even sneezing. Did you see obito use the fire techniques with his kamui? I don't see kakashi doing cool stuff like that with his kamui. IM going to say obito's is better naturally and in potential, also, obito makes better use of his as a ninja tool.
    _____

@Hammerspace

I have thought about this too and I think that when he uses his phasing technique on himself, any or all parts of his body that's overlapping with another object (being attacked or him touching another object) at the same instance will get teleported to the other dimension. He can't just pick the parts that go seemingly 'intangible'. That's how I think about it anyway..

I think both eyes can do Kamui but on different levels much like Sasuke's eyes where one can emit amaterasu and the other can control it. Kakashi's MS can teleport distant objects while Obito's MS requires contact.. I wouldn't say one is superior to the other as it depends on who and how they are used as a weapon..

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky76 View Post
    @Hammerspace

I have thought about this too and I think that when he uses his phasing technique on himself, any or all parts of his body that's overlapping with another object (being attacked or him touching another object) at the same instance will get teleported to the other dimension. He can't just pick the parts that go seemingly 'intangible'. That's how I think about it anyway..

I think both eyes can do Kamui but on different levels much like Sasuke's eyes where one can emit amaterasu and the other can control it. Kakashi's MS can teleport distant objects while Obito's MS requires contact.. I wouldn't say one is superior to the other as it depends on who and how they are used as a weapon..
    Does he really need to touch the object in order warp it? I honestly don't remember.

Obito's kamui is certainly better both by natural potential and by the degree they are able to use it. Obito has the better eye and is better at using it. The biggest and most important difference is obito can also BRING OBJECTS BACK FROM THE OTHER DIMENSION! Obito is a two way street whereas kakashi is a one way road. Furthermore, obito can infuse and mix other jutsus to his space time. That fire technique he used was insane! He definitely can enhance lesser techniques with his portal opens, making the normal jutsu into s-rank (estimated) !

The best part of the chapter was obito waking up with serious "morning wood"...
    Get it?
    _____