Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

UEFA EURO 2008: Austria - Switzerland

After jumping from profile to profile to disscus Euro, I made this thread so that we could talk about it freely

I'm not really such a footbal fan but I always watch Euro and World Cup.

Yesterday World Champion lost, so I think that it becomes more and more interesting. Who do you think will win today?

18:00 Spain : Russia

20:45 Greece : Sweden

I'm crossing my fingers for Spain (I don't like Russia) and Sweden (Greece will have it's ass kicked)
    Last edited by Kuszek; 06-11-2008 at 07:42 AM.

That was probably one of the worst matches Italy has ever played. At least as far as I can remember. It was totally painful watching that game. Now, I won't go as far as to say that without Van Nistelrooy's goal Italy would have won, but I play football and I know how hard is when your opponent's goal is, well, not legit. It really strikes bad to have to come back feeling that you shouldn't have to. That's just me not getting why they validated his goal. I saw the offside in my tv screen. The fact that they consider Panucci as playing, thus keeping VN in play makes it even worse.
    Btw, I can't see them flags.

Players have to ask permission to leave the field or something otherwise they still count for purposes of offside, I think it's to stop situations like a guy on the post at a corner just stepping inside the goal and playing people offside, but you have to show some common sense, Panucci had just done a huge slide, it's not like he was doing it for advantage.

Arshavin is out for Russia, which is a big blow, seen quite a lot of the Russian players against Scottish teams recently, so I know Pavylchenko and Bystrov are great players too, but it was Arshavin that made them tick against England, I can only see Spain winning this.

Well, Greece against Sweden I have to go for the Swedes, they look quite unconvincing in terms of squad, pretty much the same guys they've been throwing out at the last few tournaments, but Larsson (Ghod, the King of Kings etc.) is back, and if he partners Ibrahimovic I think they'll cause lots of problems.

Yahooo!

Football thread

Wotan I know what you mean, when Poland's opponent scores a goal they often start to play like pussies but Italy played awful yesterday. Their passes where like the ones you can see on a playground.

i was glad when italy lost. i hate italy so much because of the 2006 world cup. but i do agree that italy played an awful game. i've definitely seen them play better games, but i'm fine with their loss. on the other hand i wasn't impressed with france's game against romania. they didn't play like they always do and they were missing theirry henri. i thought i heard zidane was coming out of retirement but i was surprised when i didn't see him in the french lineup. well hopefully france win's their next game.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Italy played awful and the Dutch took advantage...w/e you say about Ruud's goal cannot override the fact that the linesman did not raise his flag and UEFA officials called a press conference and stated that Panucci was still considered in play according to Article 11 (w/e that says), so the Italian fans can quit crying and admit a terrible defeat. They certainly have the talent to defeat Romania and France, so I think they should focus on them.

Looking ahead, Spain looks sharp against but the former Austrailian coach Gus will surely give them fits. I think Germany played well (but not perfect) against Poland and certainly quelled some doubts about their ability. Portugal also looks very good and is off and running! Can't wait for more exciting action!

Spain was great yesterday!!! Their passes, teamwork, goals -everyting was cool. But Sweden, I don't know. I wanted them to win and I supported them but that second goal was... almost head, almost hand, leg, Greek knee, Swedish knee... Goal? Goal.

I, for first, admitted that it was a fair loss, but hey, that's they way we are, if something's wrong, we go on about it, unless it were in our favor. Jokes apart, I know about article 11, but it's done in order to avoid that a player steps out to gain some advantage and he definitely didn't do it on purpose. So hey, that's it we played awful, we lost. Buffon even went and apologized to the Italians, so it's not like they don't know they were awful and that was the reason they lost.
    However, I think Spain was the most impressive team, as of now. If they don't trash their games like they always do, they'll be a really tough team to play against.

spain played really well yesterday. villa with the hattrick was awesome. i was pretty sure spain would win considering the fact that most if not all the players play for top notch european clubs. portugal's game against czech republic was amazing. ronaldo's goal was awesome.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA