Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I loved the GITS movies. I'm like you though, I did not like the stand alone complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    I can't stand Ghost in the Shell sac season one and two. The movies and manga are acceptable but the show itself just has no true interest to me.

For the first season, the crimes are not interesting and the overall storyline is something that could be resolved in three episodes at least.

The second season just is like watching a bad terrorists are going to do something bad movie. Somehow the major and crew barely stop the plan and etc. I just thought that the second season was made because of the profit pulled in from the first season.

How does this relate comment of mine relate to this topic? Easy, Ghost in the Shell is my brother's favorite series.
    I couldn't get into it either, and I've tried several times. I despise most Gundam shows too..not crazy about mecha I guess. But I really like 8th MS Team and Wing. I've never seen Seed though, and that seems to really be the popular one.
    "If you know why you love somebody, it isn't true love at all.." - Eagle

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I can't stand DBZ.

I absolutely despise it.

However alot of people love it.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    I can't stand DBZ.

I absolutely despise it.

Same here, the stupid anime is worshipped here in the states for no reason except it was the first "true" anime from Japan to be acknowledged and it earned a lot of profit. The manga was way better though, which I can see where Oda got his inspiration at.

Another thing I can't stand at all is Cowboy Bebop. The individual episodes are nice, but then the final episode is pathetic for trying to have a storyline that made no sense in my opinion since the storyline is hardly talked about.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleplugerine View Post
    I can't stand DBZ.

I absolutely despise it.

Well, when did you watch it? DBZ is pretty lame now but if you were "there", watching it as an 11 year old, it was fucking awesome. Piccolo's death, the first spirit bomb, the first Super Saiyan, Goten and Trunks fusing to become Gotenks, if you watched as a kid it was pretty sweet.

P.S NPG make me an avatar thx. Hei from DTB wearing his mask will do. ;p

i can't say my buddies hate what i'm watching, but they are more interested in serious anime: death note, evangelion ... (i'm watching nagasarete airantou and seto no hanayome for example - although i mainly watch serious stuff too).

there are not much anime i don't like: yu gi oh for example, and stuff for smaller kids (which mostly show no brains and logic at all)

i don't really like sport anime...so prince of tennis and that basketball anime which my friends likes doesn't really interest me

I'm another one of those weird ones that doesn't like Cowboy Bebop. I enjoyed it a lot when it came out, but then Cartoon Network showed it all the time, and though that's understandable (they'll never stop showing Inuyasha, it seems), people kept watching it and talking about it. It won't die! I can't fairly judge its worth anymore because I've had so much of it. "It's the best anime ever! OMG!" Get over it.

I can't stand Samurai Champloo either, because of Cowboy Bebop. When it came out, it just seemed like a clone of Bebop with different characters and setting. There's a small overall plot that's barely introduced and barely noticed until the final episodes; only a few episodes have anything to do with each other; none of the characters are close to each other or anybody else. Couldn't the creators try to shy away a little from their hit Bebop?
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!

I hate you :( You dislike two of my favorite animes.

Full Metal Panic! and Bleach are my favorites. Not sure how anyone can hate em but a lot of my friends do.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Naruto are two that I can't stand but my friends like.

Guess its good to have diverse friends though