Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Übel Blatt

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Übel Blatt

Synopsis (from mangaupdates)
    When the Wischtech threatened to invade the fiefs of Szaalanden, the Emperor dispatched fourteen youths. Of these, the Seven Heroes halted the invasion to herald a time of prosperity while the four Lances of Betrayal were supposedly defeated.

Two decades later, the Lances of Betrayal have reappeared and formed a bandit militia near the frontier fief Gormbark. A man with a black sword and a scar over his left eye slays an entire troop of that militia. He is identified as the boy, Kóinzell, and becomes as much an object of fear as of hope even as his own past, motivations, and purpose are a mystery to those he meets on his journey.
    You can read it here or download it here

Some colour pics and pages (tiny spoiler warning)

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I rarely find myself this interested in a manga, but Übel Blatt has whatever it is that makes me love manga. The story while not wholly original has some nice touches to it to make it a truly interesting and ultimately unpredictable affair.

The characters I find are quite straight forward, you love the good guys (the females especially ;D) you really really really really hate the baddies, and the stupid masses you damn to hell.

So overall like I said, I find this story really enjoyable, partially because of the story and characters and partially because sometimes the scanlation process can be slow (but if it means having Übel Blatt in good quality who am I to say anything negative) and I really do hope many more people read this.

Oh and a small warning for anyone who is wary of this kind of thing but there is a moderate level of nudity in this manga (you don't expect them to do it with their clothes on now do you?) so if you're at work or school or amongst others reading Übel Blatt, you've been warned.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I like this manga too, real nice artwork and characters. But some of the "mature" situations kinda remind me of a reverse Berserk, the way it's grown women who like the young guys, not the other way around o_O

Well, the older guys always seem to go after Peepi (I'm still wondering what her real name is dammit!)

I wanna see how important this new guy is, he seems nice enough, but with Ubel Blatt, you never know for sure.

Spoiler!

yeah, but they go after Peepi cuz all her outfits make her look like a mini-whore o_O

That new guy's pretty into art, and I wonder what the deal is with the chick with the face paint? And I wish Geranpen didn't let himself die, he was a pretty cool character imo.

Very nice manga. Is one on my ongoing manga list. Basically the Hero Vs. The World. lolz

Lol, Geranpen was kind of an idiot though...so it might've been nice if he lived but he kinda needed to die.

I wanna see more of the others that died, outed as the 'lances of betrayal', although nothing has been shown about them, if their anything like Kóinzell, then they must be really cool people.

Spoiler!

a good pick , thank you Archiel . I really enjoy it. I hope that other (strong) allies follow Koinzell . like a bit..the resurrection of the four lance of betrayal without being it..the story centered on Koinzell bring much depth to the character but on the other hand..I don't see the point of Altea and Peepi character..(like Ato..no complaining ^^) Just minions.

Yea, thanks Archiel. I started reading this yest, and am now caught up. The whole story is really interesting. I can't wait for more chapters, any idea on the time frame that new chapters are released? I

@Sunan: I think the main point Altea and Peepi are a part of this story is because their Koin's life-line sory of. Without them, who's going to take care of Koin if someone happens again like in his fight with Schtem-Wolech.. Plus, it provides good "fan-service"..

Of course, that's why their there, and I'm sure Peepi plays a more important role, which is why we don't know her real name, kinda like;

Peepi: My name is actually _________
    Alto: !!! You're a _______________

or something like that.

What interests me right now is that if Koinzell accurately describes himself as the calamity then who is the hero that was supposed to rise up in the frontier's, I was thinking that it might be that knight that works for Glenn, he has that whole conflicted thing going on for him right now.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Of course, that's why their there, and I'm sure Peepi plays a more important role, which is why we don't know her real name, kinda like;

Peepi: My name is actually _________
    Alto: !!! You're a _______________

or something like that.

What interests me right now is that if Koinzell accurately describes himself as the calamity then who is the hero that was supposed to rise up in the frontier's, I was thinking that it might be that knight that works for Glenn, he has that whole conflicted thing going on for him right now.
    It could just mean Koinzell himself.. Just because he thinks hes the calamity, doesn't mean he is. In fact the knight that works for Glen could be the calamity, because he goes and "shakes" things up for the "heros" and Koinzell is the one to finish them off / make the truth known..