Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70
  1. #41
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,177
    The best part for me was when he went Chinese and all that jazz. Second was the tourney with Sugawara.

  2. #42
    You can't escape! mr. badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    350
    seems like the author completely ignored all the skills Ryo learned in China, but I guess that's necessary, since he could potentially destroy everyone else with that Chi ability.

  3. #43
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    seems like the author completely ignored all the skills Ryo learned in China, but I guess that's necessary, since he could potentially destroy everyone else with that Chi ability.
    Well the current story (Toma shit and all) is a flashback. The present Ryo is the one we last saw in the circus saying something like, "Is there no one else stronger?".

  4. #44
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Well the current story (Toma shit and all) is a flashback. The present Ryo is the one we last saw in the circus saying something like, "Is there no one else stronger?".


    YOU SERIOUS :O Damn i didnt know that lol no wonder i was so confused, but stil

    First we see Ryo flee after messing up Sugawara, then we see him suddenly in china, but then we get flashback, ''7 years ago'' and the toma arc goes, then we seee toma leave and then ''5 years later'', that means we almost caught up its only 2 year difference, but those 2 years toma trai and all, so wont that mean its after ryo back from china?

  5. #45
    You can't escape! mr. badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    350
    First we see Ryo flee after messing up Sugawara, then we see him suddenly in china, but then we get flashback, ''7 years ago'' and the toma arc goes, then we seee toma leave and then ''5 years later'', that means we almost caught up its only 2 year difference, but those 2 years toma trai and all, so wont that mean its after ryo back from china?
    Yeah, you're right. which means that Ryo did unlearn his chi hax somehow, sigh. So he's gone from karate to wushu to mixed martial arts, pretty crazy.

  6. #46
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    Yeah, you're right. which means that Ryo did unlearn his chi hax somehow, sigh. So he's gone from karate to wushu to mixed martial arts, pretty crazy.

    yeha plus im rereading this and here try reading a bit from here


    http://www.onemanga.com/Shamo/198/15/

  7. #47
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by merciless View Post
    YOU SERIOUS :O Damn i didnt know that lol no wonder i was so confused, but stil

    First we see Ryo flee after messing up Sugawara, then we see him suddenly in china, but then we get flashback, ''7 years ago'' and the toma arc goes, then we seee toma leave and then ''5 years later'', that means we almost caught up its only 2 year difference, but those 2 years toma trai and all, so wont that mean its after ryo back from china?
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    Yeah, you're right. which means that Ryo did unlearn his chi hax somehow, sigh. So he's gone from karate to wushu to mixed martial arts, pretty crazy.
    Please refer to the post below to clarify your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Well the current story (Toma shit and all) is a flashback. The present Ryo is the one we last saw in the circus saying something like, "Is there no one else stronger?".
    Again, he never unlearned his chi hax.

  8. #48
    shiro merciless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    hell
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Please refer to the post below to clarify your thoughts.


    Again, he never unlearned his chi hax.


    uhm maybe you should re read manga then? After he learned chi hax, then we see him in the sttadium saying ''yo...you strong''? To his opponent, then we see flash back toma, then we see toma in present and then when they decide to look for ryo we see ryo in the same ring beating the shiat out of the guy he said ''yo you strong'' and leaving stadium,

    well then just read from here http://www.onemanga.com/Shamo/198/15/......

    unless im right then this manga is seriously confusing

  9. #49
    You can't escape! mr. badguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    350
    The wikipedia article on Shamo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamo_(manga) also claims that the current arc takes place after Ryo leaves China:

    Part 4: The ballet dancer

    It tells a story that Toma Takahara (高原東馬 ?), a successful male ballet dancer, mysteriously abandoned his dancing career to pursue martial arts. He was trained in judo and sambo. The new books (20, 21) pick up with Ryo fighting in a club in Japan. He has left China and still works for money by fighting and male prostitution. Ryo discovers after one fight that his ability has dropped significantly and he decides to start training hard. Ryo enters a karate competition in a mask and is spotted by Mochizuki. Mochizuki offers him money to enter a grappling tournament fighting against Toma. Ryo, desperate for cash accepts and begins training.
    Now, obviously you can't believe everything that wikipedia contains, but It would fit chronologically. Either way, It's real possible that Ryo still knows how to use his chi ability, but conceals it; but that seems to go against his style of fighting, namely using every tool at his disposal to defeat the opponent whether it's dirty or clean. He's never been known to hold back, so him having the knowledge of and not using chi seems inconsistent with his character thus far.

    On a side note, the article also says it was discontinued and is not currently being produced, which if true, sucks majorly <_<

  10. #50
    Senpai Member mgsplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. badguy View Post
    The wikipedia article on Shamo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamo_(manga) also claims that the current arc takes place after Ryo leaves China:



    Now, obviously you can't believe everything that wikipedia contains, but It would fit chronologically. Either way, It's real possible that Ryo still knows how to use his chi ability, but conceals it; but that seems to go against his style of fighting, namely using every tool at his disposal to defeat the opponent whether it's dirty or clean. He's never been known to hold back, so him having the knowledge of and not using chi seems inconsistent with his character thus far.

    On a side note, the article also says it was discontinued and is not currently being produced, which if true, sucks majorly <_<
    see page 4
    it fu$$ing sucks
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]


    Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •