Thread: Nabari no Ou

Talking Nabari no Ou

From Wikipedia:
    Set in the modern age, the story is about Rokujo Miharu, who just wanted to live a normal life and inherit a restaurant. At the moment, his biggest problem was the constant pestering from Kouichi Aizawa and Thobari Kumohira, who started a Nindō (忍道, Nindō? lit. "Way of the Ninja") Club. Miharu wanted nothing to do with "ninjas" and turns them down every time. But soon, he is attacked by an actual group of ninjas and is protected by Kouichi and Kumohira. There, Miharu learns of the hidden ninja world Nabari, the roles of his classmate and teacher in that world, and of the hijutsu Shinrabanshō (森羅万象, Shinrabanshō? lit. "all things in nature") within him. The hijutsu, containing all the world's knowledge, is sorely coveted after in Nabari. And because of that, Miharu cannot return to his normal life. He must become the "Ruler of Nabari" to survive.

This manga is awesome. It might get compared to Naruto because of some similarities, but they're two completely different manga, and this one has the upper hand. It has a likeable main character, better characters in general, a better storyline and plot, and everything. And I think what Miharu has trapped in him is personally more interesting than a demon fox, but that's just me. Again to the Naruto comparison... my acquaintance said Nabari was boring and he loves Naruto, and although I don't AGREE, I can understand as sometimes it has more action I'd think. Maybe that's why Nabari is so much better to me because it has more... depth.

Don't take my word for it, go read it, at least give it a chance, especially if you like ninjas.

I like ninjas: this anime/manga just robs me the wrong way plus I don't like the main character.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I've only watched the anime, and as far as I know scanlation stops right where the anime does if not before.

I think it's good, but I wouldn't consider it great. It's in it's early stages though so too hard to call, especially coming from a person who hated Naruto for the first 15 episodes. I download it every week though so it has held my interest
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by lordmacintoshii View Post
    I like ninjas: this anime/manga just robs me the wrong way plus I don't like the main character.
    Understandable; at least you gave it a shot.~

Arhazivory - glad to hear someone likes it. And wow... you must have patience if you can follow a series after 15 episodes and still try to give it a chance even after disliking it. I really should watch some of the anime~

Woah Ruki I just read the first chapter and wow I think I found my new favorite manga thank u for showing it too me

Quote Originally Posted by jio999 View Post
    Woah Ruki I just read the first chapter and wow I think I found my new favorite manga thank u for showing it too me
    ! You're welcome! I'm glad I got SOMEONE to read it who likes it. *smiles* Be sure to come back if you still enjoy it as much as you progress~

Also... I was wondering; I don't know exactly if Nabari would be classified as a shounen because it doesn't have as much fighting as most shounen does... but I don't know if it'd be classified as a seinen either.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Hey...I like it too Rukibot . I see that up to chapter 14 was released; I'll soon get to reading them and when Iget home I'm gonna watch episode 8

Oh and it's not that I flat out hated Naruto, I just found the main character incredibly annoying. Meh.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

This is one of my top ten favorite series of all time. It has the most beautifully drawn characters I have ever seen and I find the story extreemly involving.

I never liked Naruto this has a different feel to it and the plot has more similarities with Shugo Chara if you think about it, LOL!

i love this series =) i love the art and the characters too.

the story gets pretty interesting as well, but the anime skips a lot of stuff out, since the 11th episode is already at approx the 4th volume (?). But i still like a lot =)

im not sure if i can do this, but here's my fanart of it:

found here: http://used-rugs.deviantart.com/art/...rdier-86337343