Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar

Problems with Add New Release form

• When de-selecting the "I confirm this is a new release" it's re-checked when there is an error with the submission (Annoying to have to make sure I uncheck it again when resubmitting. I can see this being problematic)
    • When adding a full volume I can't leave the "first chapter" field blank
      Spoiler!
    • When both chapter fields are filled in I get an error
      Spoiler!

Do you want both fields filled in or not?

--edit
    O yeah, and still no torrent option... this could possibly be very usefull for multi-chapter and full volume downloads

-- edit #2
    auto merge of double posts seems to not work now too :( I really rely on that feature

--edit#3
    OK last thing... I have one full volume file that has 3 groups (1 group did 5 chapters, another did 1 chapter, and the last group did 4 chapters) would there be a way to credit all 3? if not I'd just credit the 2 that did the most chapters and put the last guy in the release notes
    Last edited by Kushieda; 06-02-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    The problem is that for the chapter number fields, you can only enter numeric values, an error will show up if you enter words, such as volume/chapter etc

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

as you can see in the second attached picture it is only a numeric value. The second field is supposed to be somewhat free form, and when I filled that in I got an error saying the first field needed to be numeric. After I filled in a value of 1 (one) and left the same value in the second field, I got an error that said that both fields can't be filled in.

The correct validation should be:
    • If field 2 is EMPTY
      • In field 1 require a NUMERIC value >0 (since bleach -100 should be in field 2)
      • Not sure about half chapters though (i.e. 7.5) if you want those in "special" then change NUMERIC to INTEGER
    • If field 2 is not EMPTY
      • Require field 1 to be EMPTY

This validation:
    • Requires field 1 to be NUMERIC/INTEGER or NULL
    • Allows only one of the 2 fields to be used at a time

Also the value of the check box need to be carried over on error correctly

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Ahhh...I see, seems I misinterpreted it. Well, I'm not much help...

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I fixed the issue with the checkbox, switched it to radio buttons and I think that this will work out better.

The reasoning for the 2 fields is simple, I wanted a better sorting method for the series page and the most organized one I could think of that didn't require additional moderator duties was to force an unsigned integer in the chapter field. This lets us easily sort by number in the list of serial chapters.

A step up from our previous system IMO which looked like;
    Group 1: Chapter 300
    Group 2: Chapter 300
    Group 3: Chapter 297
    Group 1: Chapter 299
    Group 2: Chapter 299
    Group 3: Chapter 296
    etc.

the problem is validation on the 2 fields is wrong, if I fill both in I get an error, if I only fill in the second I get an error. Basically the second field is unusable, and for archive releases (like whole volumes) we want to only use the second field (right?) not the first?

--edit
    I like the radio better, and it stays selected on error now

Oh you're right, there was a small mistake on the validation check that I somehow missed... It should be fixed now.

Added a field for torrents too.

thinking about this 2 field thing a little more. I was thinking it may be nice to hide it from the submitter. I'm adding in archives for Musashi Quality/Ai Kora now, and it's a little annoying to have to make sure I'm using the correct field. Here's my thought:

Show 1 field, and if it's a valid number stick it in the number field for better sorting, otherwise stick it in the "extra" field in the back end.

Not sure if that defeats the purpose for you or not, but since you can only use 1 of the 2 fields at a time, it seems to make more sense to me like that.