MangaShare Homepage Improvements
Recoded everything around a powerful framework. This has made our site far more extensible so that we can develop on it easier and more efficiently. Yay!
*NEW* Favorite Series:
By marking a series as your favorite, you will be able to unlock a variety of features described in some sections below
- Added custom RSS feeds - only get updated on series that you have marked as your favorite! You can share your feed url with friends and you don't need to be logged into MS to get updated.
- Removed International scanlations from the RSS feeds
- Reworked the sorting method; Releases are now grouped by date and ranked by download popularity
- Added the "Legacy" sorting method, which will sort releases the same way MSv3 did
- Added the "Favorite" sorting method, which will only display releases from your favorite series
- New releases will always appear on the top of their date groups for 4 hours (reduced from 6)
- Added a divider in between release date groups
- Popular releases are now bold instead of prefixed with a flame icon
- A popular release is now determined by 500 downloads (reduced from 2500)
- Increased the amount of releases displayed on the homepage to 40
- Moved the release editing options into a tab at the top
- Added the ability to edit release notes
(For All Registered Users):
- Improved the comment posting system
- Added pagination for comments rather than truncating at 15 comments and displaying the full comments on another page
- Added "Group Status", this displays an Active/Inactive status based on when they last released
- Added a total release count
- Improved the code for links to their website/irc. This will no longer bug when a group is submitted improperly (ie: without the http:// or without the hash on the channel)
- Added pagination for releases
- Restored the series voting feature. Now votes are unique to your member ID rather than your IP, this will provide more controlled ratings.
- Added "Related Series", this feature reads all the favorite lists and tries to find the best recommendations
- Added "Similar Forum Threads", this feature tries to find related threads on our forum that matches the series
- Added links to up to 5 recent Online Reader uploads if the series is listed on our reader.
- Now sorting releases in 2 categories; serial and special. For example, Fairy Tail 50 would go under the serial but the Fairy Tail School Omake would go under the specials. This allows us to provide a more convenient display for you instead of just sorting by date.
- RapidShare has been disabled as a submission option based on user feedback
- Various improvements on the form to validate the data better
- Added the "Archive" feature. This allows anyone to submit an older releases to fill gaps
- Completed the series directory and added various features to it. You can sort the series by genre.
- Upgraded vBulletin from 3.6.8 to 3.7.1, this fixes security holes and adds a variety of new useless features we probably won't even use throughout the forum
Still on the way very soon...
- Fixing the total style disaster in our forum after the upgrade to 3.7.1
- Series & Group editing; members will be able to submit corrections and updates to content on our site to improve the quality.
- Improvements to the "Similar Threads"
- The only way 2 of our features will be able to be tested at their full potential is to launch the site, so we'll be monitoring the manga recommendations on the series page and the popularity ranking on the directory to make adjustments/improvements to them.
- The online manga reader will have its code migrated into the new system (it will be transparent to you guys though, other than some style tweaks to make the sites more uniform)
- Various other things yet announced...
lol on the rapidshare link . (fxu wont be pleased)
It may be changed so that if you want to add RS you need to add another free file host too (not DDL as they can just link to a page that has the RS link... like some groups have done before this restriction was even in place). Still thinking about it.
i got nothin against RS exept for the f**** cats. and like u said the scanlators will prolly add RS as a DDL . so u might as well add it as a option wile making another file host service mandatory.
But why cant I "thank" you (via the button on the buttom)?
Could be a bug from the vbulletin ver. change.
Yup, it was lost in the upgrade, I'll see about adding it again.
A quick change was made on the series page as I can already see it becoming a problem. Naruto, Bleach and One Piece have been filtered out of the recommendations due to their popularity.
Blud, think you can give a brief explanation on the new profile pages of users? This is my first time seeing these features. O.o Like, what are group memberships for? (Not too sure where to post about this actually..)
I'm not too sure either, it's going to take some getting used to that's for sure. I think for the groups you can create one based on a topic, like "Naruto Fanclub" for example, make it private or public and users can join it or you can invite people to it. Inside the group there's a message board, gallery and a list of members. That's as far as I got though since my attention is directed towards squashing bugs right now.
I can see some potential for the profile pages, like adding tabs to connect the new main site features (ie: a list of the user's favorite series and a list of the ratings the user has given various series)
It's almost like your own unique thread? It's pretty awesome, if I knew how to use the bugger. xD In time, then.
PS: I might've abused your profile a bit, since I'm using it as a bit of a reference as to how it works. ^^" Due to lack of the button, I thank you. ^^