Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Prophecy's Outcome

I have been repeating myself in countless threads so I figure I might as well start my own.

As we all know during the whole Pein vs Jiraiya Arc we learned a lot of important things. One of the most important things we learned was about a prophecy. The prophecy made by the Toad Elder stated that one of Jiraiya's students would either become the Savior of the World or the Destroyer of the World.

Let me start with a list of Jiraiya's known students and their status.

Naruto Uzumaki
    No real need for a picture right.
    Minato Namikaze(Deceased?)

Yahiko(Deceased?)
    Nagato(Pein?)

Konan

Let me start at the bottom of the list and work my way up.

Konan was trained by Jiraiya during Jiraiya's time in the Hidden Rain Village. She was trained along with Yahiko and Nagato. We don't know what happened to her after Jiraiya left, but we know that she eventually joined Akatsuki and was partnered up with Pein, the Leader of Akatsuki.(puppet leader) She seems to be very loyal to Pein. There seem to be no hints that she is who the prophecy is talking about. We don't know her motives and we don't really know much else about her.

Nagato was also trained by Jiraiya alongside Yahiko and Konan. Nagato wanted more than anything else to protect his loved ones. Nagato first displayed the power of the Rinnegan against an enemy ninja because he was protecting those he loved. We don't know exactly what happened, but we know that Jiraiya saw Nagato with the Rinnegan. We also don't know what happened to Naruto after Jiraiya left. When Jiraiya confronted Pein Pein had the Rinnegan. This led Jiraiya to believe Pein was Nagato, but none of Pein's Six Paths look like Nagato. Supposedly Nagato is seperate from the Six Paths.

Yahiko was also trained by Jiraiya alongside Nagato and Konan. He also cared for the other two and wished to protect them. He seemed to be a little head strong at times. After Jiraiya leaves just like with the other two we have no clue what happens to him. Pein later tells Jiraiya that Yahiko was dead, but we can't be sure if we can trust Pein. The first body of Pein that we see seems to look like an older Yahiko according to Jiraiya. God Pein is definitely Yahiko's corpse. He can't be apart of the prophecy.

Minato Namikaze was the famous Yellow Flash of Konoha and the Fourth Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village. He fought the Kyuubi and supposedly died supposedly sealing the entirety of the Kyuubi's power inside his infant son, Naruto. We really don't know what happened in the fight against the Kyuubi. The only one who may have known would be Gamabunta due to the fact he fought alongside Minato. It is believed that he died, but since he is one of Jiraiya's students I am putting him on the list.

Finally the star of the manga Naruto Uzumaki. I don't think I need to give a background on him. All I will say is that he possesses the Kyuubi.

Now to get to the point of the thread we know that one of these people or possibly more, since we don't know if we can take the prophecy word for word, is either the savior of the world or the destroyer of the world.

The following is heavily based on my opinion using facts from the manga and other tales.

Since I don't know much about Konan there is not much I can say about her pertaining to the prophecy.

I believe that Pein is definetly part of the prophecy. The Rinnegan has been emphasized as the most powerful doujutsu and also created modern ninjutsu in the hands of the Sage of Six Paths. Pein wants to show the people in the world pain in order to save the world. It does make sense because if people uderstand the pain of war they will most likely try and avoid it.Pein in his own view is actually trying to save the world. Also due to the fact that I believe that whoever Pein ends up being that person is one of the people I listed thus making him one of Jiraiya's students. Pein also addresses Jiraiya as his former sensei.

I believe that Pein has a good chance of being the Savior of the world, but not because of the way he plans on saving the world, but because his eyes may be instrumental in stopping the true villain of this story, the Destroyer of the World, Naruto Uzumaki.

We all know Naruto as the protagonist of this manga. We know his personality and you are probably thinking I am crazy to think this. I believe like most if not all of you that Naruto is a good guy. Nonetheless inside him he carries the most evil and destructive force in the Naruto Universe, the Kyuubi no Kitsune otherwise known as the Nine Tailed Fox. In the Legend of the Bijuus, the Kyuubi is the most powerful of the bijuus. The Kyuubi is also pure evil and is supposedly unstoppable.

Kishimoto has emphasized time and time again that the Kyuubi is pure evil. Some may say that the Kyuubi lending Naruto power shows that it is becoming nicer. That is not the case at all. The Kyuubi needs Naruto to live because if Naruto dies it dies. Also the more power the Kyuubi gives Naruto the closer it is to escaping and taking control of Naruto. I think that is going to happen near the end of the manga. I think the Kyuubi will either find a way of escaping or it will control Naruto thus beginning its rampage.

Madara's story gives us insight about why the Kyuubi said that Madara's chakra is even more evil than his. The Kyuubi despises Madara for controlling him with his jutsu. The Kyuubi hates the Uchihas for it and most likely wants revenge. The Kyuubi is the ultimate villain in this story. The irony in all of this is that the ultimate villain has been inside the main character the whole time.

Now the finale..

The reason why I think Pein could be the savior is because of the Rinnegan. I would go into more detail about the Rinnegan, but other have already done so. The Rinnegan is a power that comes from legends about gods. The Rinnegan was introduced around the same time as the prophecy leading me to believe that it has something to do with the prophecy. Also if the Kyuubi were to go on a rampage the only power that I can see that could stand up to the Kyuubi would be the Rinnegan. We have all seen the amazing power of the Rinnegan in recent chapters. Pein may not be directly responsible for saving the world, but his Rinnegan may have something to do with it.

Naruto could end up being the savior as well, but it seems more likely to me that he gets controlled by the Kyuubi. I also believe that at this point Madara and his power over the Kyuubi will somehow not be around due to his death or something else.

I think that is all I have to get off my chest.

ironmaidenlive22 brought to light that in the prophecy it was stated that Jiraiya's decision would affect the outcome of the future. Jiraiya's decision to send the "key" to Naruto could be that future affecting decision. If the key releases the Kyuubi's power Naruto may use it and the Kyuubi may be released. Since the Rinnegan is supposed to be the strongest doujutsu then it may stop the Kyuubi.

Thanks for the input.

If you have read this far I congratulate you.
    Last edited by Rasengod7; 01-06-2009 at 07:29 AM.

I am an Uchiha fan. There I said it.
    Now that Itachi's dead I will never get out of this genjutsu.

Don't stare directly into any of the eyes.

first off this was a really interesting theory. your train of thought is novel, and i never looked at it that way. to think that naruto or rather the kyuubi is the final villain, is an interesting thought and it could tie in with the prophecy. after all the prophecy was that jiraiya's decision could affect the outcome of the future, and his student could save or destroy the world. now the decision jiraiya made that is important in my opinion is sending the key to naruto.

if naruto gets the key and uses it to unlock the seal, it could fully release the kyuubi, and it will have to be stopped. as you say, the kyuubi will then probably be stopped by the rinnegan, since it's the kekkei genkai best for the job. so pein might save the world unintentionally by calming the kyuubi. like i said this theory is pretty cool. nice sig, did you make it yourself or did you get it from naruto central or google?

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Thanks a lot. I like what you said. Jiraiya is the one to make the choice and if the key were to unlock the kyuubi then that would explain how the kyuubi escapes. You mind if I add that and of course give you credit.

I got both of my sigs from photobucket.com.
    Last edited by Rasengod7; 05-31-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Well read what the frog key says it sounds like the key re-enforces the seal
    By the way thanks for moving the debate to a new forum my spelling error was disturbing me

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengod7 View Post
    Thanks a lot. I like what you said. Jiraiya is the one to make the choice and if the key were to unlock the kyuubi then that would explain how the kyuubi escapes. You mind if I add that and of course give you credit.
    sure go ahead and use it.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

I added a few pictures just for the hell of it. I probably will fix any errors I find in my theory also.

Well we also do not know anything about Narutos mom besides her name and place of birth and the fact she was exceptional at ninjutsu
    ------------------------------------------
    His dad maybe the yellow flash but who knows his mom could have been (or possibly still is) someone of great importance as well
    Last edited by joshecalpoly; 06-01-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I truly believe that the fight between the Fourth Hokage and Nine Tailed Fox will answer questions about the Uchihas, Namikazes and so many other things.

Lol so what now we swing back the pendelum of time back lol

while were at it one piece should do the same

The truth is i would love to see the full fight between both the 4th and the Kyuubi and the 1st and Madara, but if they dont do it right or not do it for a while they will be seen as imitating Bleach

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Good read^^
    I never saw Nagato as evil.

But when you say Pain:
    Even though we still don`t know about his true identity he truly had some evil in him.

Why, because.. If I remember correct ..

-He killed Hanzou the Salamander
    -Then he killed his children and wife
    -Destroyed his home
    -Burned down the village and killed everyone.

His said to be undefeated even by Madara.