Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    oh and last but not least, i'd like to see improved release page moderation, at the moment i'm finding ddl links that aren't quite that and i'd like to also see the reinstement of the rule which forced at least one alternative link.
    Yeah I can agree with this, it's a big pet peeve of mine too when I click a DDL and get a rapid share... I hate rapid share...

Perhaps you should just have a dynamic "add another link" button and the backend can sort what type of link it is based on criteria. (i.e. check to see if the path ends in ".torrent" for torrent files, check the domain name to find out if it's a file hosting site like rapid share, or media fire) and if it really need to be sorted manually, i.e. it's a torrent, but the link looks like http://server.net/abcdefg?dl=123 allow/force the user to pick then

let me know if that doesn't make any sense... I can see it perfectly in my head
    Last edited by Kushieda; 05-27-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Perhaps some sort of reputation system that rewards various shiny looking medals or symbols(there you go, thatbabo) as addons to users' usernames once certain amount of reputation/posts were reached. I know that what I am suggesting is neither new nor original. However, it does encourage activity and contribution from daily users. Human is funny that way. The tiniest scent of some sort of insubstantial reward may bring the most astonishing of actions.
    Last edited by DukeTheGold; 05-27-2008 at 08:47 PM.

I believe I remember reading an old thread where it was decided not to do that.

Besides, you would have to make it so that posts in the boredom zone don't count. Otherwise people would just spam.

Quote Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
    I believe I remember reading an old thread where it was decided not to do that.

Besides, you would have to make it so that posts in the boredom zone don't count. Otherwise people would just spam.
    Actually, I realize that. That's why it is only a suggestion that should be taken as a grain of salt.

Hmm, Rep sytems can often turn into huge ass kissing competitions.

if theres one thing I dont want, then it's Reputation systems -_-

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    if theres one thing I dont want, then it's Reputation systems -_-
    "Your mom has a reputation"*.... see how that can work.... I don't want a reputation system either. They seem to turn more into popularity than actual usefulness.

Spoiler!

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    oh and last but not least, i'd like to see improved release page moderation, at the moment i'm finding ddl links that aren't quite that and i'd like to also see the reinstement of the rule which forced at least one alternative link.
    This isn't totally in the moderators hands, as I recall, anyone with scanlator status (Green names) can post straight to the tracker and bypass moderation. I would guess that this - in part at least - contributes to "false DDL" labelling. That said, on the whole it's beneficial for scanlators to be able to get stuff up quickly.

As far as reputation systems and the like, do we not already have a well-received analogue to that in the member awards? I thought they were damn cool myself and I wasn't even nominated for any, they were fun and the competitiveness was more good-natured than over the top. Reputation itself I don't like at all.

Wow, there were as many negative reactions as I have predicted beforehand.

At least I spiked a reaction.

But Asce's contest thing was fun. We should do that more often, not that's relevant to the topic.

So I guess the reputation thing is out of the window. Tsk, I really wanted shiny medals.^^

I could only think of one thing to suggest... and this may just be me, but when ever you have a new release on your homepage I click the link that says...*example* "New D.Grayman 160" thinking it will take me to a page with either a download button or an online view button but instead it takes me to that series main page, I know its just me over looking the DL link off to the right but I constantly do it. Anyway thats all I could think of... keep up the good work.

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List