Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question MangaShare v4 Details

Greetings!
    Since development on our next big site upgrade is progressing very smoothly, I feel it's now appropriate to intake suggestions on things you think we should do to improve our website. There are no bad suggestions and we'll read & carefully consider everything.

In the 4th stage of our website, we have ported our standalone site code and completely rewritten it around a powerful framework that will make development of new features much faster and more efficient.

Our aim with this upgrade is to make the website more interactive and useful for you guys, as well as further bridge the forum community into our site's features to help promote its growth.

Tell us things you'd like to see added, removed, or changed!

PS: I announced in Naruto 399's release post that we'll be launching a new site. This is not the same thing. We'll soon be launching 1 large new website and 2 more satellite sites (ie: the manga reader is an example of a satellite site) to MS in addition to this upgrade. Exciting times are ahead for MS

I've put plenty of thought into this and I think something that groups the listings by date (maybe use dividers) and ranks the daily submissions by popularity...also, perhaps something with 2-3 less load time for the homepage...also, something shiny...because I like shiny things...but not too shiny...I don't want to damage my vision...
    "Hey thanks for emailing me. Why you dropping Fairy Tail again?????? It is one of the most awesome manga so please please keep doing it because I do now want to add other scans to my collection since it is not so good. If you need help I can help out with anything except I don't know how to do the manga typing and that kind of stuff. By the way, are you thinking about Code Breaker? If so, I can also maybe help with that too. Also, next time if you will drop the series don't email me. It is depressing news and I will rather just not know this time. Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by thatbabo View Post
    I've put plenty of thought into this and I think something that groups the listings by date (maybe use dividers) and ranks the daily submissions by popularity...also, perhaps something with 2-3 less load time for the homepage...also, something shiny...because I like shiny things...but not too shiny...I don't want to damage my vision...
    I see what you did there...

Top Manga

You Could Have A Rating System, In Which Allows Readers To Give Manga Ratings.
    Then You Could Have Like The Top 10 Manga Charts. Also You Could Have An Event Which Allows Readers To Vote For Their Best Manga's And Newcomers (to manga) Would Be Able To Use It As A Guide Of Some Sort. This Would Allow Readers To See Whats Good And Popular.

Anyways Keep Up The Good Work! d-(^_^)-b

The option to browse by language, series and group (for example: "Naruto chapters in french from X group") and a simple link from the tracker series info to their respective online reading chapters would be two useful little options

Their should be a way for Scan group leader to be able to edit release information if done by another member of the group. And a new color for scan groups would be cool.

Maybe a tracker for anime aswell as the current manga tracker, I realise this is a manga site but the two go hand in hand.

Kind of like what animesuki have going, with links to the torrent trackers or just direct torrent links, I would'nt mind adding any new releases I happen to find.

How about users can edit manga information on the homepage of manga's, ofcourse it has to be approved by the moderators.

I realize there sometimes are crappily screwed synopsis's, and I want to be able to correct them lol

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    How about users can edit manga information on the homepage of manga's, ofcourse it has to be approved by the moderators.

I realize there sometimes are crappily screwed synopsis's, and I want to be able to correct them lol
    Actually, you can

But that option would be cool, indeed, it would make it faster and would make users able to help when they spot anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    Actually, you can

But that option would be cool, indeed, it would make it faster and would make users able to help when they spot anything wrong.
    rly? Ive never realized I was able to, or never even seen that option.