Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. #81
    charmed ImotoChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Binky-land
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Quoting yourself is cheating...

    Admittedly though, yes, I did essentially just repeat exactly what you said, sometimes even the great minds among us (lit. Binky) fail at reading comprehension.
    Is not. You fail at reading comprehension, Bink! EDIT: Wait, I just repeated what you said.

  2. #82
    Retired Administrator blud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,187
    To close the book on the whole scan rating thing, it won't happen on this site, for pretty much the same reasons a reputation system won't happen on the forum. It promotes an unhealthy atmosphere to have work/groups judged/ranked.

  3. #83
    former mod
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,074
    To close the book on the whole scan rating thing, it won't happen on this site, for pretty much the same reasons a reputation system won't happen on the forum. It promotes an unhealthy atmosphere to have work/groups judged/ranked.
    why are ya so negative? it could also turn out possitivly and provide improvments...
    but well, that's a but to possitive way to think...
    being realistic, i guess you're right...

    it just...worked at MH a while nicely, and i liked it to know what Quality a scan had...
    also i started with producing LQ scans, then improved to LQ/MQ and in the last weeks
    of the existence of the rating-system, i had reached MQ, which gave me a good feeling of bein' on the right path...

    but whatever, closed book means closed book, and i can live with that...

  4. #84
    Retired Administrator blud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    why are ya so negative? it could also turn out possitivly and provide improvments...
    but well, that's a but to possitive way to think...
    being realistic, i guess you're right...

    it just...worked at MH a while nicely, and i liked it to know what Quality a scan had...
    also i started with producing LQ scans, then improved to LQ/MQ and in the last weeks
    of the existence of the rating-system, i had reached MQ, which gave me a good feeling of bein' on the right path...

    but whatever, closed book means closed book, and i can live with that...
    It was a bad feature on MH, and that's why they got rid of it. It caused drama/stress with their staff behind the scenes and most people didn't like having their work graded/labeled but they had to stick with it because MH wouldn't announce your release if you asked not to be rated. By the time the ratings system was over it was so twisted out of its original shape that it may as well have been a reflection of xi0's mood. I don't see anything good that comes with a system that breeds jealousy / animosity between some scanlators. Heck you were even involved in some public threads where you chimed in and disagreed with ratings and caused debates (a naruto with TM rings a bell).

  5. #85
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Umm...how about the ability to change the ownership of a post or a thread for moderators? It would be useful for a fanclub whose owner is inactive. But since most of the fanclubs we got here are pretty inactive...

  6. #86
    FUCKING GAR Asce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Munitions Warehouse
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Umm...how about the ability to change the ownership of a post or a thread for moderators? It would be useful for a fanclub whose owner is inactive. But since most of the fanclubs we got here are pretty inactive...
    Rather than changing ownership merely to moderators, how about the moderator ability to give another user ownership cause moderators can already edit a thread as they see fit. Although I'm not sure that's possible with vBulletin.


    Ravona

    Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

  7. #87
    SOS Brigade Chief DukeTheGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    Rather than changing ownership merely to moderators, how about the moderator ability to give another user ownership cause moderators can already edit a thread as they see fit. Although I'm not sure that's possible with vBulletin.
    Actually, that's what I meant. Basically I was asking for the moderator ability of being able to switch the ownership of post #11(an example) which was originally posted by XX to JJ if the circumstance requires of it. Perhaps I didn't phrase my sentence correctly or were you thinking of something else?

  8. #88
    Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    798
    that would be incredibly helpful >_>

    though that could lead to abuse...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •