Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zidanep21ps
    i want to be able to rate a scanlations quality...
    also to view the quality of a chapter, before i download it...
    That Idea totally sucks -_-

Everyone deserves to get treated evenly on the download part, rating the quality is so damn unfair. >_>

For people who submit releases... to be able to use simple bbcoding (bold, italics, underline) in the release notes...

Also, to be able to edit within a certain time-frame, or forever like links are, in case someone forgot to include some info or messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post

Everyone deserves to get treated evenly on the download part, rating the quality is so damn unfair. >_>
    Hmm, I agree that rating a scanlators' work would be going a bit too far, but a slight notice on whether the scan is LQ, MQ or HQ would help. This can either be submitted by the scanlator uploading the files, or decided by MS staff. Preferably the former, the scanlator should know right? And, yes there are some scanlators who are known to bring whatever quality they do, but there are so many scanlators nowadays and I can't be sure who's doing what level of quality anymore. It'd be nice to get a heads up before I start downloading.

former mod

how can you treat !scanlations! evenly, if their quality totally isn't?
    HQ scans just deserve to be noted as that...also solid MQ scans...
    and i wanna know if a scan is LQ, cause i won't dl it then anymore...

like imotochan said, there are so many scanlators nowadays...
    maybe it was a stupid idea to let people rate the quality, but at least the staff could rate, right? it's not that difficult, we would have to discuss about the criteria of rating
    first, of course...

(i didn't like/understand the rating-politics of mangahelpers, for example...)

edit: the only real problem is see is, in rating our own releases -.-

Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    maybe it was a stupid idea to let people rate the quality, but at least the staff could rate, right? it's not that difficult, we would have to discuss about the criteria of rating
    first, of course...
    That could possibly cause a few scanlators to fire back e.g "What makes you think my scans are [L/M/HQ]?" sorta thing, which was I proposed the option of letting them decide their own quality, as they should know their own level. Or something. :/ Maybe we could have both; get the scanlators to clarify their quality and then let it be approved or something.

what i want really is to make for every manga a tab or something like it

i mean i hate when i see naruto like 10 time in a row where it could be all under one tab which say naruto 402 and u press and then shows all groups who done it and of course this goes for all mangas XD

other thing some mangas get alot more hits then other so why not make place above for mangas which Popular releases

other idea small search engine to find release faster

other idea :p how about u put a button inside the DDL window which say more of this manga here and then it goes to a place with all the chapter mangashare have of this manga

hope i helped and if i find other ideas i will come and tell

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    what i want really is to make for every manga a tab or something like it

i mean i hate when i see naruto like 10 time in a row where it could be all under one tab which say naruto 402 and u press and then shows all groups who done it and of course this goes for all mangas XD

Not that I think the opposite, but being able to see all Naruto releases without having to do any extra click anywhere makes it more comfortable (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    other thing some mangas get alot more hits then other so why not make place above for mangas which Popular releases
    Popular series like Naruto, Bleach, Gantz don't need anymore promotion, if they ALSO get the first positions in the tracker, all the other series could be just ignored. I like seeing new (unknown) mangas along with Naruto chaps every week, and I end up reading new mangas; but if those were at the bottom of the list always, I would miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    Preferably the former, the scanlator should know right?
    Unfortunately, they don't really. Overestimation of your own groups stuff is almost universal, and although understandable, it makes any process based on this a little erratic. Staff ratings are possible, but whether people would be happy with them and whether they could remain free from politics I'm not sure. Ratings seem to have almost entirely disappeared from MH these days, and I suspect that for quite a large amount of time when they were supposedly an integral part of the site, the scanlations themselves weren't actually checked, simply rated according to the groups name.

Well, as a particularly crappy radio station here likes to say before utterly steamrollering and then cutting off anyone who disagrees with them: "It's all about opinions."

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Staff ratings are possible, but whether people would be happy with them and whether they could remain free from politics I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    That could possibly cause a few scanlators to fire back e.g "What makes you think my scans are [L/M/HQ]?" sorta thing, which was I proposed the option of letting them decide their own quality, as they should know their own level. Or something. :/ Maybe we could have both; get the scanlators to clarify their quality and then let it be approved or something.
    Eggsectuhmundly~
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Well, as a particularly crappy radio station here likes to say before utterly steamrollering and then cutting off anyone who disagrees with them: "It's all about opinions."
    Che, avoiding the topic. Bad radio station.

In any case, although I would welcome a L/M/HQ scan classification, if it would cause possible disruptions between scanlators/MS staffs/whatever, I'm fine without. ^^

Quoting yourself is cheating...

Admittedly though, yes, I did essentially just repeat exactly what you said, sometimes even the great minds among us (lit. Binky) fail at reading comprehension.