Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj3866 View Post
    I think this is a great idea as it lets people start on a new series easily by downloading it to their computers instead of having to rely on their broadband connection for the MangaReader. Also many series such as Detective Conan are linked to downloaded through rapidshare which limits how much you can download and is an overall pain in the butt;thus, a complete archive from chapter 1 to present for download in each series would really be a great addition to the website. Besides this, the site is already excellent as it is.
    well, thats more of a problem with crapid share (typo intended). This site used to have DDL archives, but it was in the forums and a pain to maintain... I think the other reason they stopped the DDL archive was due to bandwidth (although I could be remembering wrong on that)

here's a good example of the old DDL and why it was discontinued:
    http://www.mangashare.com/forums/not...downloads.html
    Last edited by Kushieda; 05-28-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

wel, i know this is a mnor problem, in fact it probably can't even be considered as a problem but i think you should allow the manga name on the new release list be hyperlinked straight to the manga rather than click on the DL arrow, i knoew its probably just me who kinda found it annoying but as a new member it took me long to figure out, make it a bit like onemanga.com where it send it straight to the manga
    thnx!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spazovaz View Post
    wel, i know this is a mnor problem, in fact it probably can't even be considered as a problem but i think you should allow the manga name on the new release list be hyperlinked straight to the manga rather than click on the DL arrow, i knoew its probably just me who kinda found it annoying but as a new member it took me long to figure out, make it a bit like onemanga.com where it send it straight to the manga
    thnx!!!!
    I think the opposite. The green arrow is quite visible; besides, if the manga title send the user to the DDL page, it would be harder (more time) to enter the series info page.

I don't understand your comparison with OneManga, since they only have the reader and don't have any release tracker. We use the same system (manga title sends the user to the page with all the chapters for online reading) in the reader.

I'd like if new mods were added. Ah and I'd like a database with all Naruto, Bleach and other mangas characters and info about them, like in wikipedia.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoru View Post
    I'd like if new mods were added. Ah and I'd like a database with all Naruto, Bleach and other mangas characters and info about them, like in wikipedia.
    new mods could be useful, but I don't see a big need for them personally. The current ones seem to be able to keep up with the workload just fine.

As for character databases.... There are plenty of sites that handle that and already have decent setups. I like manga share, and I'd like it's focus to stay on release tracking and like the domain name says, sharing manga. While character info is cool, it's not really needed and would just spread out the admins/moderators more than needed.

See http://MyAnimeList.net for character lists and a bunch of other neat features. As you said, wikipedia has a pretty comprehensive list too.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

But a good mangasite should have a database, I think. Cuz some other sites have.

But a good mangasite should have a database, I think. Cuz some other sites have.
    you mean like this site on the left ?

Naruto Island - Naruto Media, Information, Comics, Images, News
    Last edited by Aragor; 05-29-2008 at 05:20 PM.

That's for a single Manga, I suspect it'd be just a wee bit more difficult to do for the hundred plus series that have been added thusfar to MangaShare, I mean, there are twenty-one series that begin with the letter B.

We pretty much direct all requests for archived manga to sites that have them already, adding a huge database of manga, while a good idea isn't really possible...

Also, what's wrong with the current moderating staff?

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    Also, what's wrong with the current moderating staff?
    You're all mean to me.