Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why aren't there any Quincy in Soul Society?

If they are just normal human, and everyone basically goes to the same place when they die, then where are the Quincy?

The Soul Reapers probably destroyed them much the same way a Quincy kills a Hollow. Soul Reapers don't purify living humans.

When a shinigami kills a hollow, it becomes purified and the soul is then reborn again. When a quincy kills a hollow, it disappears completely causing an imbalance in souls. Because of this, the shinigami killed off the quincy which is why Ishida dislikes, or rather disliked, shinigami.

Quote Originally Posted by snizshizzle View Post
    When a shinigami kills a hollow, it becomes purified and the soul is then reborn again. When a quincy kills a hollow, it disappears completely causing an imbalance in souls. Because of this, the shinigami killed off the quincy which is why Ishida dislikes, or rather disliked, shinigami.
    He meant: If you kill a human, his soul goes to society. If you kill a Quincy, why doesn't his soul go to Soul Society. That was his question. Well I think they exterminated them in a special way.

But they never really killed them remeber, i mean its true they battled but they never killed them all because Mayuri captured their souls when they died so in reality they did go to SS but were immedietly captured so that freak could experiment on them until he got his final victim Uryu's granpa leaving just him and his father as the last Quincys. As to what happen to the others no one knows maybe they used that phoenix lance on them to char their souls into nothing
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything.

thats true, I forgot about Mayuri Caos, good catch. That would be pretty tight though if some did go to SS because more than likely they would be as strong as captain class people
    A pie in the sky?

Aren't these chapters before the Quincy get killed? (I'm no good with Bleach's timeline) And didn't the Quincy live on earth?

The Quincy War happend 200 years before the start of the storyline. The only Quincys in the Soul Society that were mentioned were the ones Mayuri experimented on, and Ishida. But who knows, maybe the ones before the Quincy war were sent to Hell or something after they died for not purifying hollows.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPan View Post
    The Quincy War happend 200 years before the start of the storyline. The only Quincys in the Soul Society that were mentioned were the ones Mayuri experimented on, and Ishida. But who knows, maybe the ones before the Quincy war were sent to Hell or something after they died for not purifying hollows.
    Mayuri couldn't have been a Captain for more than 90 years before the current storyline - And I realize that the Quincy Wars happened long ago, but there were still some around.

It just seems a bit of an oversight - There should be at least a few non-dead Quincys that went to Soul Society.

makes you wonder just how many were Mayuris victims lets face it that guy was sent to the maggots nest for the plain reason his a grade A psycho why couldnt Urahara get someone a little less crazy for someone more stable mentally speaking, if this was part of a plan it better have been one damn good plan, As for quincys in SS maybe they were sent there then imedietly reborn with no recollection or power to become quincys again and once Mayuri came to power wiped out the rest that came his way.
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything.