Isshin was a noble Shinigami?

EDIT:
    Didn't see the thread several threads behind this one that says the same thing. Sorry Chaosrising. I have added additional information though.

I have been thinking about how Isshin and Uryuu's father know each other and whether they will make an appearance in the pendulum chapters (probably not).

Isshin is a noble (particularly of the Shiba clan) because:

1.) He has a white scarf thing draped over his left shoulder. Byakuya has a white scarf. Yoruichi has a white scarf when she fights Soifon. The white scarf seems to be the mark of Nobility.

2.) Shiba clan is disbanded and so is Isshin's status as a Shinigami.

3.) Kukaku and Ganju have the hook-up with Urahara who obviously is close with Isshin.

4.) Ichigo looks EXACTLY like Shiba Kaien. It is even mentioned to Rukia by one of the characters (I forget which one).

5.) Isshin wears his sword Tachi-style (edge facing down).
    From wikipedia, "In later Japanese feudal history, during the Sengoku and Edo periods, certain high-ranking warriors of what became the ruling class would wear their sword tachi-style (edge-downward), rather than with the saya (scabbard) thrust through the belt with the edge upward."

6.) Ichigo's hollow refers to him as "King." I know this is a stretch and probably has nothing to do with it but you never know.
    Last edited by snizshizzle; 05-24-2008 at 08:30 PM.

That's his captain's cloth he wears over his shoulder. Its not the same as Byakuya's scarf (which he wears cuz he's the head of his house) and I dont remember Yoruichi wearing a white scarf during the fight with Soifon. I would think the way in which a Shinigami would wear his sword would be personal preference or else Byakuya would wear his sword the same way if it was characteristic of high ranking warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    I dont remember Yoruichi wearing a white scarf during the fight with Soifon.

She wears it around her neck like Byakuya. It looks like part of underneath clothing but it is actually overlapping her outer clothing and it looks just like Byakuya's except shorter. She doesn't wear it before the fight and has the same clothing on so it must be a scarf.

As for the "scarf" actually being Isshin's captain cloth, perhaps. Every captain has the same general design for their captain cloths and they look nothing like Isshin's scarf. I am sticking with it being a scarf. Even if it is his captain cloth, it only increases the chances of him being Noble anyway.

I kinda think that scarf is part of her outfit since she's not seen wearing it during these flashback chapters. She wasn't wearing it when Soifon was having flashbacks about meeting Yoruichi either so yea, I think thats part of her outfit. Im pretty sure what Isshin is wearing is definitely not a scarf. Scarfs don't drape down your back and look like capes. And Im pretty sure him being a captain doesn't increase his chances of being Noble either.

Im pretty sure what Isshin is wearing is definitely not a scarf. Scarfs don't drape down your back and look like capes. And Im pretty sure him being a captain doesn't increase his chances of being Noble either.
    Ok, its a scarf cape hybrid? I'll admit it does look like a cape - maybe I'm just trying to stretch the whole scarf thing. Also, him being a captain does increase the chances. Byakuya is a captain and so was his father, Yoruichi was a captain...Isshin was a captain?

I think you got it mixed up though. I would think it would be something like this, "Because (insert name here) is nobility, then they would have a better chance of becoming a captain." Not the other way around. They way you have it, any captain has a chance of being nobility. Also we still don't know exactly when the Shiba clan lost its status. It could have nothing to do with why Isshin left Soul Society.

True but we really cant say wether or not Isshin is not a fallen bobel or not, IF he appears in the pendullum arc and it shows him that way or in the HM arc he shows up and is recognized as one then it will be proven either way, the one thing we do know is that he was in fact a captain of wich squad go figure could be 0 or any of the other 13. my bet is on 0
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything.

I think you got it mixed up though. I would think it would be something like this, "Because (insert name here) is nobility, then they would have a better chance of becoming a captain." Not the other way around. They way you have it, any captain has a chance of being nobility. Also we still don't know exactly when the Shiba clan lost its status. It could have nothing to do with why Isshin left Soul Society.
    You are 100% right about how it should of been said but being of nobility has a big effect on becoming a high ranked shinigami. During ichigo's fight with Byakuya after the attempted Rukia execution byakuya clearly says that ichigo's chance of reaching banki is imposible and to qoute the manga "even the four noble families whose members are always exceptionaly talanted, have only a member capable of bankai every few generations" and bankai is a recuriurment of becoming a captian. So this just adds to the theory that ichigo is of nobility because with out is it would be imposible for both him and his dad being able to achieve captian level. I also think that ichigos last name is a fake taken up by Isshin when he came to the real world.
    ------------------------------------------
    Here is why i think no one else has asked ichigo are you related to isshin who was most likely a captian of one of the 13 squads and it is for what ever the reason being for him leaving SS when he came to the living world he changed his last name to avoid some thing in his past or to avoid being found by SS (this may also be the reason for him losing his powers as mentioned by Kisuke Urahara). This in turn leaves me to belive that he was once/still is a member of the shiba clan hence that being the reason for their down fall (as stated by soifon in her battle with yoruichi) for what ever he did that caused him to leave because he was most likely their leader like Byakuya for he was the strongest member of the clan. Another reason for this being my belief is the remarkable resemblance between ichigo and kaien. When he left SS he went to KU for his special gigai (think i may of spelled that wrong) that turns you into a regular human and is one of the reasons he was thrown out for which turned him into a human and allowed him to get married and have children, but recently he switched back to a regular gigai most likely after ichigos fight with the grand fisher and has gradually recovered his abilities. This also explains how KU knew about his abilities coming back for he gave him the new gigai.
    Last edited by lebosma; 05-28-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost