13 86.67%
  • Very good

2 13.33%
  • Okay

0 0%
  • Mehhh

0 0%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Restricting someone's movement makes anyone vulnerable there's no reason at all to be worse for Mihawk.Him being a swordsman is irrelevant.
    for example , shanks is less vulnerable because of his superior haki.
    or croc because he is a logia. these are just examples

The problem is,that Mihawk's hype directly puts him on admiral level,Dofla's doesnt.If thats not the case,show me Dofla's top-tier hype/feats.There are none.
    there is no problem because he is not Admiral level and not yonkou for that mather.
    I think that hype is created by that mind of yours.

Of course it is.If someone's hype far surpasses someone else's,you're gonna say that the first guy is stronger,just like you would say that Kaidou is stronger than Boa since his hype>>>>>>>her hype.
    not the hype thing again. Kaido>>>> BOA because he is a freaking YONKOU
    Kaido >>>>donflamingo he is a freaking YONKOU
    Kaido >>>>Mihawk he is a freaking YONKOU
    His title is what mathers here. Not the hype. All we know he beated moria and his crew in his prime
    back in the days.

Based on what?On nothing.Dofla would lose,because nothing in the manga places him on the same level as the admirals and Marco is an admiral level opponent.Mihawk is already confirmed to be stronger than an admiral fighter.
    Based on what mihawk would beat marco ??? seriously i mean you saying that my "theories or wathever are based on nothing"
    It's the other way around
    correct me but my statement was that it's not proven that Mihawk>dofla or vice versa
    and then all of a sudden mihwak is stronger then an admiral????
    stronger then sengoku (fleet admiral), Akainu (current fleet admiral) , kizaru and aoukiji
    When did mihawk became stronger then a admiral ?? come on man you trippn or what.
    "Oh yes it's the hype again"

The problem is,that Mihawk's hype directly puts him on admiral level,Dofla's doesnt.If thats not the case,show me Dofla's top-tier hype/feats.There are none

"Oh yeah yeah the hype , i forgot about the hype " woww

Its not unfair,its the only thing that makes sense.We've been arguing for quite some time now and you havent brought a shred of evidence that indicates Dofla being on Mihawk's level.All you do is just saying that "Dofla wont loose".Thats fanboyism at its finest.
    ......Come you just HYpe things up . ..
    i wouldn't call it arguing i'm loving this discussion .
    that's what this forum is al about

Hold on here i didn't say donflamingo won't loose....please don't mi quote me
    Trust me i'm no donfla fan . favorite character is shanks

Yeah and Oda also has no choice but to make him as strong as he should be like Zoro's final opponent.It will make no difference if Mihawk turns out not be Zoro's final opponent(which is terribly unlikely).Fact is that Mihawk is a confirmed top-tier,while Dofla isnt.
    because when zorro will fight mihawk it's gonna be a fight for the best swordsman
    Not the strongest person in one piece !!! and that's why you can't just say mihawk>donfla or so you will not misundersand me donfla>mihawk
    Mihawk is above all swordmen
    But shanks >>mihawk
    because not anly the sowrdmanship count's here
    but also shanks superiour haki
    Last edited by athary; 09-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.

.....................Daaaammmmmmmmnnnnnn. This is the most activity I've seen on a OP forum in some time. Glad to see we're not all dead around this place lol

Regarding this debate, both sides offer valid points...and both offer some not so valid ones, most of which I have neither the time nor patience to attempt to dissect. I think what is important to remember is that most of this hypothesizing is based on the knowledge we currently know about, and isn't what we will later be wise to, especially considering characters we met back in Paradise are only now becoming part of the NW storyline.

There's nothing known at this timeto support Doflamingo isn't as dangerous/powerful as an admiral, but similarily there isn't anything to say he is. For that reason, I feel it's safe to assume Doflamingo is below Mihawk in threat level. Mihawk is the fricken WSS--that is the strongest swordsman in the entire OP universe--in addition to being a former sparring partner with a Yonkou, having been able to nonchalantly walk through the battlefield and casually clash with half the WB pirates--after blatently attacking WB as to gauge his own strength against the WSM for shits and giggles. Oh, and there's that legendary clash he's supposed to have with the story's main swordsman....

Now, Doflamingo has had his moments, and he too took on a more relaxed attitude when Marineford was set to crumble in chaos. However, I don't believe we have seen enough to say he is on par with Mihawk. That said, though, I could see him being near admiral tier if we are gauging Mihawk above admiral level (and rightfully so, as Mihawk, should he actually give a damn about anything other than solitude, ambition (in his foes), and his title, would be a near canidate for Yonkou himself). Doflamingo, however, is likely capable of fighting the admirals, and should he have a hefty grasp on haki, likely most logias as well. Sadly, it wasn't until this recent arc which much of Doflamingo's influence in the world has come to light. Now it would seem we are set to view some greater insight to how dangerous he truly is, and then we can once more discuss who is on par with who and what not.

Also, I'm a really curious as to why everyone continues to say the SH's aren't ready to fight so and so, as eventually people they are going to have to fight stronger opponents in the NW. In fact, much of the story has been the SHs, arc after arc, transcending their limits and surpassing stronger opponents at the time of their introduction/final showdown. Sure Vergo may have shown how fricken insane the NW can be even to a near master of an art (ie Sanji with Blackleg style), but this is all necessary to illustrate how far the SH's have come and need to go. Let them get their asses handed to them every so often, it makes for a better and much more believable story, and their triumph all the more epic!

Hmm, It seems hard for luffy to fight CC, Luffy can not breath when CC got the Ox out..

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Daz Bonez wasnt clearly above Zoro or anything.Its just that Zoro couldnt find how to cut him.This is an entirely different case.Vergo is without a doubt stronger than Sanji and not by a really small margin.He managed to break Sanji's leg with a single attck.And Sanji is the guy who uses kicks here,Vergo isnt even using his main fighting style,which is his bambo stick.
    Well that's the major factor why he's stronger. You can't just take it out of the equation. Daz put Zoro to a brink of death. He bloodied Zoro in a single attack. He would have killed Zoro easily if he only follow through with his attack. He was just too confident that Zoro won't be able to cut him.

Zoro/Daz was just another example. Luffy was able to beat Croc who is clearly stronger than him then why not Sanji?

About Dofla's power level, I can see him just below an Admiral/Yonkou. Luffy can't just go straight to the top tiers of OP world. He needs a step by step progression or he'll end up like in Shaboady. Dofla would serve as a warm up (a very hard one) before the Yonkou battle. Of course this is just all speculation as we still don't know how strong Dofla is.
    Last edited by arisart; 09-24-2012 at 02:28 PM.

sig made by me

Am glad you guys are having a spirited convo. So continue keeping it civil and no bashing each other.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Am glad you guys are having a spirited convo. So continue keeping it civil and no bashing each other.
    haha lol things just headed up litle no reason for bashing

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Zoro/Daz was just another example. Luffy was able to beat Croc who is clearly stronger than him then why not Sanji?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Also, I'm a really curious as to why everyone continues to say the SH's aren't ready to fight so and so, as eventually people they are going to have to fight stronger opponents in the NW. In fact, much of the story has been the SHs, arc after arc, transcending their limits and surpassing stronger opponents at the time of their introduction/final showdown. Sure Vergo may have shown how fricken insane the NW can be even to a near master of an art (ie Sanji with Blackleg style), but this is all necessary to illustrate how far the SH's have come and need to go. Let them get their asses handed to them every so often, it makes for a better and much more believable story, and their triumph all the more epic!
    Exactly what I was attempting to convey in my post arisart. Out of every villain in this arc, Vergo shows the most potential for losing his position if not his actual freedom/standing in the crew. Now I'll admit, I have a feeling Vergo might slip away when Buffalo and Baby 5 arrive, leaving us without a confrontation between him and Law/Smoker/Sanji, but assuming he doesn't escape unincarcerated, shouldn't Vergo be the logical second baddie to fall this arc? First, he has Law's heart, which already denotes a confrontatoin of some sort between the two, and add this reason to Doflamingo's order of Vergo to eliminate Law and we have a full blown showdown. Of course Law will have to come out of this arc to further the storyline and his alliance with Luffy, so does he then beats Vergo, right? Plus, now that Smoker knows about Doflamingo and Vergo as the ultimate infiltrator to the Marines, Smoker too will have some part in ending Vergo this arc, as G-5 is no longer an option, as neither is returning to Dressrosa bc he failed--thus disgraced Doflamingo--upon failing to kill Law, SHs, and G-5, a failure Doflamingo will surely disapprove of gravely. So why not let Law, Smoker, or even, though lesser extent, Sanji/Zoro take him down?

All in all, it would seem unfulfilling for this arc to end with Caesar being the only one who falls....Thoughts?

Other side notes:

--any ideas of how the SAD fits into Law's idea of destroying the NW/destabalizing PH? Everyone seems to believe Law wants to obtain the SAD, but could it be as simple as Law pulling a 360 on us all and destroying rather than obtaining whatever the SAD is for his master plan?

--Chopper appears to be rampaging Monster Point to me because not only is he seemingly tossing the kids around and being ruthless, but he is also bleeding a bit from his face/eye. Maybe three minutes wasn't enough and he had to take two Rumble Balls and fell into the Monster Monster Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    .....................Daaaammmmmmmmnnnnnn. This is the most activity I've seen on a OP forum in some time. Glad to see we're not all dead around this place lol
    Indeed, My main reason Im not saying much is because I suck at english.. I know the basic words and shit, but to butt in an discussion is above my language barrier lol.

But discuss on, I like to read what you all discuss about haha.

You Become Someone, By Doing Something.

Just.. Epic.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    for example , shanks is less vulnerable because of his superior haki.
    or croc because he is a logia. these are just examples
    You just show me how some people are better matches than most against Dofla,not how Mihawk is especially vulnerable to Dofla's power as you claimed.Again,back up your claim.

And Shanks' haki being superior to Mihawk's,is just something you made up.We dont know which of the two has better haki.

there is no problem because he is not Admiral level and not yonkou for that mather.
    I think that hype is created by that mind of yours.
    Contradiction at its finest.You just agreed with me that he's stronger than Ray,yet he's not admiral level?What the hell?

not the hype thing again. Kaido>>>> BOA because he is a freaking YONKOU
    Kaido >>>>donflamingo he is a freaking YONKOU
    Yeah and using someone's title or status to gauge his strength is called hype.So,you're pretty much saying that you're gonna use hype and logical powerscaling when its about Kaido,but not when its about Mihawk.

Kaido >>>>Mihawk he is a freaking YONKOU
    Mihawk is a confirmed top-tier,Kaidou isnt much stronger than him.If he is,i would like some proof.

His title is what mathers here. Not the hype. All we know he beated moria and his crew in his prime
    back in the days.
    Do you even know how to use the term "hype"?
    Using his title to gauge his strength, is you hyping him.Same goes for me using Mihawk's title as hype.There's no difference between the two.Kid,if you dont even know what you're trying to say,then dont participate in debates.

Based on what mihawk would beat marco ??? seriously i mean you saying that my "theories or wathever are based on nothing"
    Here's the part where you show me where did i say that Mihawk can beat Marco.Another reason that you shouldnt participate in debates,is that you cant even read properly.

correct me but my statement was that it's not proven that Mihawk>dofla or vice versa
    If you wanna get technical,then its not proven that Kaidou>Boa either, cause for all you know Boa might be yonkou level.But since we have no reason to rate her that high,we wont.For the same reason,we wont rank Dofla as a top tier/admiral level.On the other hand, Mihawk's a confirmed one.

and then all of a sudden mihwak is stronger then an admiral????
    Again,show me where i said that.Whats wrong with your reading comprehension kid?

stronger then sengoku (fleet admiral), Akainu (current fleet admiral) , kizaru and aoukiji
    I'll wait till you show me where did i claim any of that.

When did mihawk became stronger then a admiral ?? come on man you trippn or what.
    I never said the bolded,i never said that Mihawk is stronger than the admirals,i said that he's stronger than an admiral level fightere(Ray),which he is.

because when zorro will fight mihawk it's gonna be a fight for the best swordsman
    Not the strongest person in one piece !!!
    How does that have any relevance at all?Did i claim anywhere that Mihawk is the strongest in OP?Fact remains that its much,much more reasonable to assume that the second main character's final opponent will be stronger than an arc villain,who came much earlier than the opposite.

But shanks >>mihawk
    Based on what?On nothing,as always.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Well that's the major factor why he's stronger. You can't just take it out of the equation. Daz put Zoro to a brink of death. He bloodied Zoro in a single attack. He would have killed Zoro easily if he only follow through with his attack. He was just too confident that Zoro won't be able to cut him.

Your analogies are not really good.

Daz Bones wasnt generally above Zoro,he had a certain advantage(his hardness),which became useless by the time when Zoro managed to cut him.

Croc was only far above Luffy,because of his intangibility,without it the difference between them wasnt that great and Luffy's ability to overcome stronger opponent due to his insane willpower,is greater than Sanji's for sure.

Here,the case is not similar at all.Vergo isnt far stronger than Sanji because of a certain advantage,from which Sanji can just find a way out.He's just a much more capable fighter.Dude,he was clearly above using kicks,which are Sanji's fighting style,not his.What more do you want to see?

About Dofla's power level, I can see him just below an Admiral/Yonkou. Luffy can't just go straight to the top tiers of OP world. He needs a step by step progression or he'll end up like in Shaboady. Dofla would serve as a warm up (a very hard one) before the Yonkou battle. Of course this is just all speculation as we still don't know how strong Dofla is.
    I dont consider Dofla a top-tier,more of a really high high tier.Firstly,i think that 1-2 arcs will come before Dofla and there's still the possibility of him being handicapped and/or double teamed.

You just show me how some people are better matches than most against Dofla,not how Mihawk is especially vulnerable to Dofla's power as you claimed.Again,back up your claim.

And Shanks' haki being superior to Mihawk's,is just something you made up.We dont know which of the two has better haki..
    Simply to flesh out athary's idea here, I believe he's stating should Doflamingo disable Mihawk's ability to use his swordsmanship, Mihawk would presumably have less of an advantage over Doflamingo in much the same way Zoro would be disadvantaged if he was without his swords. Still, I'm not sure why this specifically pertains to Mihawk and not any opponent Doflamingo would face......

The second point you make though is more interesting; does Mihawk have the Emperors haki? (If not Shanks may have the edge in the haki battle)

I dont consider Dofla a top-tier,more of a really high high tier.Firstly,i think that 1-2 arcs will come before Dofla and there's still the possibility of him being handicapped and/or double teamed.
    Why not a top-tier? We've never seen him go full blown (same as Mihawk), yet if Mihawk is above an admiral level fighter, why can't Doflamingo be a near-admiral level one? He obviously has no trouble with vice-admirals, fellow Shichibukai, WB commanders, or his own crew members for that matter; thus, the next level would be admiral level, no? Just thoughts to think about.

Also, though I agree with the number of arcs before Doflamingo arc comes around, I'm curious why a few people think Doflamingo is going to be defeated by a technicality or disadvantage. I'd think if his arc comes, he falls fairly beneath his opponent.