View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    13 86.67%
  • Very good

    2 13.33%
  • Okay

    0 0%
  • Mehhh

    0 0%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 135
  1. #41
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Well, Zoro was in the same situation when he fought Daz Bones. His ass was getting whooped till he had (I assume) a haki outburst in the end. Someone said that this just could be a little intro arc into something bigger. With that crew Dofla has this could be a very big arc so another round of whatever fight that will happen on PH might get a rematch when we enter the bigger arc.
    Daz Bonez wasnt clearly above Zoro or anything.Its just that Zoro couldnt find how to cut him.This is an entirely different case.Vergo is without a doubt stronger than Sanji and not by a really small margin.He managed to break Sanji's leg with a single attck.And Sanji is the guy who uses kicks here,Vergo isnt even using his main fighting style,which is his bambo stick.

  2. #42
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    The reason being is that now it's time for Donflamingo arc. Meaning that that he will be be beaten by current Luffy or slightly stronger Luffy. That means Mihawk is stronger as he won't be defeated until much much later.
    So this is your logic???
    So luffy is gonna defeat Don flamingo
    (still didn't happen) i don't now why you use this argument, but i'll tag allong
    (though i realise there is a high chance but this is one peice you knever know)

    luffy defeating don flamingo doesn't put mihwak above don flamingo
    i don't see the conncetion actually it doesn't work like the way you think.
    Don flaminfo DF is verry good against a swordman. it's the perfect way
    you might say that if buggy wasn't that weak he would have the perfect DF for mihawk)
    IT's even possibel that LUFFY will never be able to beat mihawk and that zorro can
    does it mean that zoro is stronger then luffy ,i don't think so.

    @halaros536
    No,he actually couldnt.Dofla will be faced by Luffy and co in the near future arcs,Mihawk is Zoro's final opponent and the WSS.Mihawk's hype is greater than Dofla's by far.
    Mihawk's hype isnt that much bigger if bigger!!
    the only thing that hypes him up is his relation with shanks
    before shanks lost his arms and became a yonkou
    yes also he is the WSS.
    Donflamingo has also proved to be strong
    provoking sengoko, controlling diamond juzz, beating up moria (though he had help from pacifista's)

    All i'm saying you shouldn't decide who is stronger just because someone was beatn by someone else

  3. #43
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Don flaminfo DF is verry good against a swordman
    Nonsense.Nothing makes Dofla's power more efficient againt swordsmen,than against anyone else.Stop making things up.

    @halaros536


    Mihawk's hype isnt that much bigger if bigger!!
    the only thing that hypes him up is his relation with shanks
    before shanks lost his arms and became a yonkou
    yes also he is the WSS.
    You dont even have the slightest clue what you're talking about.Mihawk being Shanks former rival has never been his main hype.Being Zoro's final opponent and the WSS are his hype.I liked how you mentioned the WSS part like its just something additional.The very fact that he's the WSS puts him at the very top of the world above legends like Rayligh.The fact that he's Zoro's final opponent means tht someone who can be defeated by Luffy in 2,3 or 4 arcs wont stand a chance against him,just like the guys who were defeated by Luffy in paradise wouldnt stand a chance against Dofla.

    Donflamingo has also proved to be strong
    Of course he has.Nothing puts him on Mihawk's level though.


    provoking sengoko,
    Complete and utter bullshit.Croc provoked Dofla,Mihawk and Wb.Whats that supposed to prove,besides him having guts?Thats in no way strength hype.

    controlling diamond juzz,
    He never controlled Jozu,he only managed to restraint him after having caught him off-guard.


    beating up moria (though he had help from pacifista's)
    Since when is beating up someone like Moria considered a legitimate feat to compare him with Mihawk?

    All i'm saying you shouldn't decide who is stronger just because someone was beatn by someone else
    No,i 'll decide that based on the fact that Mihawk has been hyped 10 times more than Dofla ever has.
    Last edited by halaros536; 09-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Nonsense.Nothing makes Dofla's power more efficient againt swordsmen,than against anyone else.Stop making things up.
    No i'm not making things up. but i was just pointiing out that the DF he posseses could be a great counter to mihawk.

    You dont even have the slightest clue what you're talking about.Mihawk being Shanks former rival has never been his main hype.Being Zoro's final opponent and the WSS are his hype.I liked how you mentioned the WSS part like its just something additional.The very fact that he's the WSS puts him at the very top of the world above legends like Rayligh.The fact that he's Zoro's final opponent means tht someone who can be defeated by Luffy in 2,3 or 4 arcs wont stand a chance against him,just like the guys who were defeated by Luffy in paradise wouldnt stand a chance against Dofla.
    abiviously this goes the same for you then

    Mihawk beeing a former rival of a yonkou defintly hypes him up !!!! if that doesn't do it what will
    and yes beeing the WSS def makes him great and a legend i fully agree
    Above legends like rayleigh ??? you are going over your head i mean come on
    We all see the reactions when rayleigh is mentioned ,rayleigh is up there wit Golden roger , WB , Garp even sengoku
    mihawk is also a legend but i put him with shanks and ....

    You are making thing up by saying donflamingo is going to be beaten up by Luffy.
    (like i said yes it highly possibel but you nver know ,this is one piece)

    Complete and utter bullshit.Croc provoked Dofla,Mihawk and Wb.Whats that supposed to prove,besides him having guts?Thats in no way strength hype.
    Croc is/was same level as mihawk and donfla as shibukai. that is not something special
    WB is a special case he had a grudge against the old man
    Also adressing this was just to show his fearless

    He never controlled Jozu,he only managed to restraint him after having caught him off-guard.
    Yes he controlled him reread the chapter and you will see him controlling him punching Crocodile
    He was standing on jozzo while doing that

    Since when is beating up someone like Moria considered a legitimate feat to compare him with Mihawk?
    you may be right about that one . But then beating moria is not that simple
    and the way he did it . with ease (though like i said he had help)

    No,i 'll decide that based on the fact that Mihawk has been hyped 10 times more than Dofla ever has.
    Yes everyone can decide anything for them selves !....

  5. #45
    Yonkou Hart_lerouxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Era
    Posts
    161
    The very fact that he's the WSS puts him at the very top of the world above legends like Rayligh.
    I agree Mihawk is stronger than Dofla, but i'm not sure that he even stronger than Rayleigh.
    there isnt evidence to support that.
    I can see Rayleigh on d same level with Yonkou in term of strength.

    in Shabondy Archipelago 2 years ago, Kizaru having a hard time fighting Rayleigh. At d end Rayleigh manage to escaped, even for Kizaru that has speed of light.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2619-...apter-512.html

    Those who can handle that Admiral level are considered to be a freakin' crazy strong.
    As far we see, only 2 pirates outside Rayleigh manage to deal with that Admiral level: Newgate and Shanks.

    Even Teach after obtained 'Gura-Gura no mi' run.


    sorry for my english :p

  6. #46
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    No i'm not making things up. but i was just pointiing out that the DF he posseses could be a great counter to mihawk.
    Why would it be a great counter for him?



    Mihawk beeing a former rival of a yonkou defintly hypes him up !!!! if that doesn't do it what will
    Here is the part where you show me,where i said that being Shanks' former rival doesnt hype him up.Learn to read.You said that being Shanks' former rival is the only thing that hypes him up,to which i replied.



    Above legends like rayleigh ??? you are going over your head i mean come on
    We all see the reactions when rayleigh is mentioned ,rayleigh is up there wit Golden roger , WB , Garp even sengoku
    mihawk is also a legend but i put him with shanks and ....
    I didnt bring Rayleigh for no reason at all.Rayleigh is canonically weaker than Mihawk,by virtue of him being a swordsman.

    Its Gol D roger.And no,Wb and Roger were above everyone even Garp and Sengoku.Of course Ray is a legendary figure,but he's not in his prime anymore.He's still a world class fighter of course,but currently he's weaker than Mihawk.

    You are making thing up by saying donflamingo is going to be beaten up by Luffy.
    (like i said yes it highly possibel but you nver know ,this is one piece)
    No,thats an obvious fact.Its not possible that Luffy wont beat Dofla,what the hell are you talking about?You might as well say that its possible that Luffy wont become the PK,cause this is OP,you never know.

    Croc is/was same level as mihawk and donfla as shibukai. that is not something special
    WB is a special case he had a grudge against the old man
    Also adressing this was just to show his fearless
    Irrelevant.Those guys were fellow Shichibukai,yet they can destroy him in a split second and thats what matters here.You cant judge a person's strength like that.


    Yes he controlled him reread the chapter and you will see him controlling him punching Crocodile
    He was standing on jozzo while doing that
    Its Jozu,learn it already.He didnt control him,he controled Atmos.In Jozu's case,he did manage to stop him while he was attacking Croc,but after that he was unable to control him or injure him.





    you may be right about that one . But then beating moria is not that simple
    and the way he did it . with ease (though like i said he had help)
    It is simple if you're much stronger than him.Dofla is that strong obviously,but here it doesnt mean anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hart_lerouxx View Post
    I agree Mihawk is stronger than Dofla, but i'm not sure that he even stronger than Rayleigh.
    there isnt evidence to support that.
    I can see Rayleigh on d same level with Yonkou in term of strength.
    His title makes him stronger than any swordman alive,including Rayleigh.

    Of course Ray is on the same level as the Yonkou.

    in Shabondy Archipelago 2 years ago, Kizaru having a hard time fighting Rayleigh. At d end Rayleigh manage to escaped, even for Kizaru that has speed of light.
    Implying that Mihawk isnt a top-tier and that Kizaru wouldnt have a hard time fighting him as well.

    Those who can handle that Admiral level are considered to be a freakin' crazy strong.
    As far we see, only 2 pirates outside Rayleigh manage to deal with that Admiral level: Newgate and Shanks.
    Add Marco and Jozu.

    Even Teach after obtained 'Gura-Gura no mi' run.
    Of course Teach was no way near admiral level and he was not near Mihawk either.

  7. #47
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Why would it be a great counter for him?
    Abviouslu he could use his DF to restrain Mihawks movement for exaple
    if mihawk can't use his sword he is done fore it.
    Again i'm not saying Don flamingo is stronger then mihawk. But i can't say he is weaker

    Here is the part where you show me,where i said that being Shanks' former rival doesnt hype him up.Learn to read.You said that being Shanks' former rival is the only thing that hypes him up,to which i replied
    I'll correct myself it's the biggest factor After beeing WSS.

    I didnt bring Rayleigh for no reason at all.Rayleigh is canonically weaker than Mihawk,by virtue of him being a swordsman.

    Its Gol D roger.And no,Wb and Roger were above everyone even Garp and Sengoku.Of course Ray is a legendary figure,but he's not in his prime anymore.He's still a world class fighter of course,but currently he's weaker than Mihawk
    Rayleigh is indeed weaker then mihawk due to his age
    And that is the only reason !!!!
    In his prime time he would crush mihawk
    YEs Gold D roger and WB are above Garp and sengoku
    i mentioned those to becuz they are legendary marines
    Garp fought GOLD D roger numerous times He defintly is up there with WB and golden d roger
    (and yes afcourse roger is above them becuz he was the PK) but i'm just grouping
    I also said i would put shanks there with mihawk
    But i still would put shanks above mihwak when it comes to it

    No,thats an obvious fact.Its not possible that Luffy wont beat Dofla,what the hell are you talking about?You might as well say that its possible that Luffy wont become the PK,cause this is OP,you never know
    come one... It's also possibel that law will fight doflamingo here i'm just saying...
    these are just prediction and can't be stated true yet .

    Its Jozu,learn it already.He didnt control him,he controled Atmos.In Jozu's case,he did manage to stop him while he was attacking Croc,but after that he was unable to control him or injure him.
    I reread the chapter yes he wasn't standing on jozu ( i learned it lol )
    at the time he punched him . but still restrained him and was goufing around
    but i don't agree when you say he was unable to control him or injure him afterwords
    he wasn't serious and he was more into crocodile .

  8. #48
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    Abviouslu he could use his DF to restrain Mihawks movement for exaple
    if mihawk can't use his sword he is done fore it.
    Thats the same for everyone,I dont see how's that a specific counter for swordsmen as you claimed.

    And its not like that.Using such a logic,I can say that Dofla restricts Wb's movements and he wins.It doesnt matter wif you can say it or not,there's nothing that puts Dofla on Mihawk's level.



    Rayleigh is indeed weaker then mihawk due to his age
    And that is the only reason !!!!
    The reason doesnt matter.Rayleigh is still a legendary admiral level fighter and Mihawk is stronger than him.Dofla's hype and feats wont even allow us to place him as an admiral level fighter.

    In his prime time he would crush mihawk
    Not that there's any definite proof that Ray,would be stronger than Mihawk in his prime,but i believe that this would be the case.No matter what,he wouldnt "crush" Mihawk,there's nothing that indicates that the top-tiers of the previous Era were so much stronger that they would crush the current ones.

    Garp fought GOLD D roger numerous times He defintly is up there with WB and golden d roger
    (and yes afcourse roger is above them becuz he was the PK) but i'm just grouping
    Its Gol D Roger,learn the freaking names already.Roger wasnt above Wb,if thats what you're saying.They were stated to be equals.After his death,Wb became the WSM,meaning that he was undoubtfully stronger than anyone including Garp.



    come one... It's also possibel that law will fight doflamingo here i'm just saying...
    these are just prediction and can't be stated true yet .
    Law might fight him as well,but Luffy not fighting such an important character and a guy like Dofla not getting his own arc as a villain for SH,is out of the question.Point is that Dofla is a major obstacle for now and for the few future arcs,he will naturally not be considered as such much later in the story.While Mihawk will be considered a major force till almost the end of the series.




    I reread the chapter yes he wasn't standing on jozu ( i learned it lol )
    Good,lol.

    at the time he punched him . but still restrained him and was goufing around
    but i don't agree when you say he was unable to control him or injure him afterwords
    he wasn't serious and he was more into crocodile .
    No matter the case,fact remains that Jozu was caught of guard,you cant make a case for Dofla being on Jozu's level just because of that.This feat cannot be taken lightly though.Personally,i believe that Dofla is pretty close to the top-tiers without being one himself.Against a solid top-tier like Marco,he would pose a threat but he would undoubtfully lose.Thats what i can give him based on his hype and showings and thats not something small,seeing that he's far above current Luffy.

  9. #49
    Senior Member athary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    625
    Thats the same for everyone,I dont see how's that a specific counter for swordsmen as you claimed.

    And its not like that.Using such a logic,I can say that Dofla restricts Wb's movements and he wins.It doesnt matter wif you can say it or not,there's nothing that puts Dofla on Mihawk's level.
    rayleigh in his prime > Mihawk. And that's it

    Not that there's any definite proof that Ray,would be stronger than Mihawk in his prime,but i believe that this would be the case.No matter what,he wouldnt "crush" Mihawk,there's nothing that indicates that the top-tiers of the previous Era were so much stronger that they would crush the current ones.
    true yes, but this was an example like i stated.
    restricting mihawk's movements makes him more vulnerable then someonelse.
    because he is only a swordfighter

    But a fight between dofla and mihawk will never happen.

    The reason doesnt matter.Rayleigh is still a legendary admiral level fighter and Mihawk is stronger than him.Dofla's hype and feats wont even allow us to place him as an admiral level fighter.
    It does mather! I pretty shure donfla can hold his own against an admiral .
    afcourse just like mihawk he would get his ass kicked eventually

    Law might fight him as well,but Luffy not fighting such an important character and a guy like Dofla not getting his own arc as a villain for SH,is out of the question.Point is that Dofla is a major obstacle for now and for the few future arcs,he will naturally not be considered as such much later in the story.While Mihawk will be considered a major force till almost the end of the series.

    Yes could but that's not reason that mihawk is stronger or the freaking hype thing.

    No matter the case,fact remains that Jozu was caught of guard,you cant make a case for Dofla being on Jozu's level just because of that.This feat cannot be taken lightly though.Personally,i believe that Dofla is pretty close to the top-tiers without being one himself.Against a solid top-tier like Marco,he would pose a threat but he would undoubtfully lose.Thats what i can give him based on his hype and showings and thats not something small,seeing that he's far above current Luffy.
    mihawk would also loose against Marco

    Abviously you are mihawk fanboy so it's normal for you to react like that.
    Though it's not my intention to try put down ( i don't know the right word here) mihawk
    becuz HE is one of the strongest characters in the one piece world.

    and defintly one off the strongest shibukai next to my friend dofla lol
    But it's just unfair to say he is weaker then mihawk
    becuz he will be defeated "earlier " and the hype thing
    Mihawk has a special place in the series he is there for zorro
    abviously oda has no choice to save that for last
    " there are still other swordsman like shiriyu who pose a challange he might surpass mihawk before zorro
    i'm just saying here ... dont go attacking me for that one.
    like i stated above dofla will probably never fight mihawk
    I always said that in one piece if you beat someone it doesn't make someone stronger automatically.
    thus for luffy beating up donfla doesn't make mihwak stronger.

  10. #50
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by athary View Post
    rayleigh in his prime > Mihawk. And that's it
    As i said i find that quite likely,but its not a fact and he wouldnt crush Mihawk.




    true yes, but this was an example like i stated.
    restricting mihawk's movements makes him more vulnerable then someonelse.
    because he is only a swordfighter
    Restricting someone's movement makes anyone vulnerable there's no reason at all to be worse for Mihawk.Him being a swordsman is irrelevant.

    But a fight between dofla and mihawk will never happen.
    Yeah so?


    It does mather! I pretty shure donfla can hold his own against an admiral .
    afcourse just like mihawk he would get his ass kicked eventually
    The problem is,that Mihawk's hype directly puts him on admiral level,Dofla's doesnt.If thats not the case,show me Dofla's top-tier hype/feats.There are none.



    Yes could but that's not reason that mihawk is stronger or the freaking hype thing.
    Of course it is.If someone's hype far surpasses someone else's,you're gonna say that the first guy is stronger,just like you would say that Kaidou is stronger than Boa since his hype>>>>>>>her hype.

    mihawk would also loose against Marco
    Based on what?On nothing.Dofla would lose,because nothing in the manga places him on the same level as the admirals and Marco is an admiral level opponent.Mihawk is already confirmed to be stronger than an admiral fighter.




    and defintly one off the strongest shibukai next to my friend dofla lol
    But it's just unfair to say he is weaker then mihawk
    Its not unfair,its the only thing that makes sense.We've been arguing for quite some time now and you havent brought a shred of evidence that indicates Dofla being on Mihawk's level.All you do is just saying that "Dofla wont loose".Thats fanboyism at its finest.


    Mihawk has a special place in the series he is there for zorro
    abviously oda has no choice to save that for last
    Yeah and Oda also has no choice but to make him as strong as he should be like Zoro's final opponent.It will make no difference if Mihawk turns out not be Zoro's final opponent(which is terribly unlikely).Fact is that Mihawk is a confirmed top-tier,while Dofla isnt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •