• Bad

2 6.45%
  • Terrible

2 6.45%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Poll: Naruto 602 Discussion / 603 Predictions

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/602

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/90010563/1

Poor obito? Really got turned down the dark path...n with senju cells in him possibly explains how he managed to grow faster than kakashi?

Again no more mangareader links because they don't show for some people. Anyway Mangastream released it version already. ~ Jaiden
    Last edited by Jaiden; 09-19-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Great chapter!

Thoughts:

- So Madara created Zetsu, I knew it We still don't quite know what black zetsu is though. He might exist at this point in the flashback. Anyway, Zetsu's comment "Tobi is a good boy" now makes sense
    - Notice the zetsu bodies hanging from the hashirama tree? There's one with Tobi's first mask there as well Although it might not be orange yet.
    - Madara gave away his real eyes to "someone else". Was that Nagato? If so, he had already awakened the rinnegan at this point in the flashback. Didn't he say he awakened the rinnegan "shortly before his death"?.

Kishi got a way of answering 1 question, and generating 10 others.

Okay.

So basically this is what I got from that chapter

- Madara fused with the Gedou Mazou. Its keeping him alive. Im also thinking that fusing with Hashiramas DNA, keeps your sharingan active at all times.

- As Madara stated Obito "slipped" through somehow. Did he already awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan? Or is "phasing" just an inept ability connected to these eyes? Its getting more and more complicated.

- Madaras scythe from his battle vs Hashirama!
    Spoiler!

YOU WA SHOCK!

Madara said that if he disconnected himself from the mazou, he'd die instantly. Where is the mazou? Does he mean the hashirama tree? Is it based on the same thing? Is the Gedo Mazou a creation of Madara? I thought the Gedo Mazou was a power you'd get once you have the rinnegan?

seeing how madara is connected to mazou and if he disconnected from it he'll die instantly so Itachi neved met the real madara and the real madara did give Nagato his eyes.

Not as exciting as I'd hoped, but that might be alright. Clearly this flashback series won't be wrapped up in just one more chapter; I'm guessing we're in for a longer (and better) set of flashbacks than we got with Kabuto.

First of all: When Obito says "My Ancestor" Madara, does he mean as a fellow Uchiha clansman, or as a Grandfather/Great Grandfather? I'm guessing it's the boring clansman definition, but it could well be actual relation (perhaps the Izuna/Obito blood type connection will play a part, after all!).

We already knew the Hashirama-based furniture can grow limbs, although admittedly it was more eerie seeing the fully-grown bodies hanging from branches like fruit. I wonder about he "Tobi Mask" on one of the bodies. Maybe it was just to leave Obito's eye exposed while Madara treated the damage to his face. It was cool confirming the extent Madara went to in order to stay alive so long; being rooted to a tree stump for a respirator is a very unique form of life support.

We already knew that Madara was going to set Obito on his path through Hopeless Uchiha History rhetoric. While we've heard that line of reasoning so many times that it's really grating, at least we get to see how Obito initially reacted to it. Clearly when tragedy strikes (Rin dying, etc), Madara will swoop in having been "proven" right. I really don't get Obito's obsession with protecting Rin, though... sure he left her in Kakashi's hands before he died, but that was in the thick of combat... seriously, she's a ninja.

It's stupid/sloppy writing that Obito "slipped through" the rocks and just happened to fall into Madara's underground lair. I'm sure a lot of fans will be upset about these absurd coincidences; I'm honestly pretty disappointed in the lack of inspiration here. How did Obito miraculously awaken his Mangekyou, which just happens to give him a Phasing type power, in the knick of time to save himself from being (totally) crushed? I'm guessing, seeing as he didn't know how to use his power, he simply slipped through the ground to Madara's tunnel (which didn't cave in despite a large-scale Earth Element technique being used, seems odd).

I'd be relieved if Kishi addressed at least the convenient location by later revealing that Madara was behind Rin's kidnapping (for the purpose of leading Obito to that location, if Kishi can find a way for that to make sense). Kids conveniently awaken hidden powers all the time in shounen manga, but Kishi really can't expect us to believe his Main Villain was actually living directly under the exact place Obito was crushed... that's just bad writing. However, Madara DID know that Obito's sacrifice saved Kakashi/Rin, so it's likely Madara had more to do with Obito's present circumstances than he's letting on.

It's also really dumb that Obito didn't even acknowledge his injuries or the extent to which his body had been destroyed. I'm sure to most people that would be a big deal. He's missing an arm, an eye, has a transplanted leg, and is horribly scarred all over his body. Yet his attitude is optimistic and upbeat, and all he cares about is getting back to his friends? This is strikingly unrealistic behavior, even for a shounen manga... frankly, his injuries should be causing him quite a bit of pain/trauma/shame, and would be a strong source of "Hopelessness" to get him started on his descent to evil.

We finally confirmed that Madara literally gave Nagato his eyes. I wonder why he currently only has one eye? My theory is that it went like this:

- Madara removes Rinnegan and transplants 2 Sharingan
    - Madara sacrifices 1 Sharingan to transplant Rinnegan into Nagato instantly via Izanagi
    - Madara is left with 1 eye, and is either unable to or (more likely) has plans in motion and simply doesn't care about the missing eye

The question becomes: What were Madara's plans before Obito was (literally...) dropped on him? Madara can barely move, and doesn't seem to have influence over Nagato. What was the point of giving Nagato the Rinnegan if Nagato doesn't even know Madara exists (Nagato believed he awakened the Rinnegan himself, so...)? Basically, what gave Madara the power to influence the world at this point?
    Last edited by Rlinfamous; 09-19-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    This is getting interesting. I really want to know how Rin died, because right now, Obito i pretty hell bent on escapin
    g.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

Pretty disapointing chapter. I really find it very hard to get hyped for Uchiha flashbacks, they just drag the story to a screaming halt for me.

As Rlin has said, some pretty big holes/lack of info to find it even semi-believable. Phasing directly into Madaras hideout using his 'special' sharingan power that bears no comparision or similarity to any other sharingan technique - without even awakening the 3rd tomoe??...............Whats going on Kishi? 10+ years of near perfection and you give us this shit???
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Pretty disapointing chapter. I really find it very hard to get hyped for Uchiha flashbacks, they just drag the story to a screaming halt for me.

As Rlin has said, some pretty big holes/lack of info to find it even semi-believable. Phasing directly into Madaras hideout using his 'special' sharingan power that bears no comparision or similarity to any other sharingan technique - without even awakening the 3rd tomoe??...............Whats going on Kishi? 10+ years of near perfection and you give us this shit???
    Nano, I agree with you. This chapter was a let down and from the way its going we are going to have atleast 2 to 3 more chapters of this. I too find it ironic that Obito just fell into Madaras hideout. SMH, Kishi could have done wayyyyyyyyy better than this.
    "RESPECT"

I'm I the only one who has no problems with this? I think it all makes sense, although I never took any side of the whole "Obito is Tobi" theories years back. To me it seems like it's all a coincidence that Obito slipped through those rocks and ended up in Madara's hideout. I have no problem with that at all. Obito didn't even know about his power, nor did Madara.