Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Kekkaishi ~ Yellow Tanabe

Author:Yellow Tanabe
    Serialized in Japan in: Shogakukan's Shōnen Sunday

Story(source:wikipedia):Five hundred years ago, a feudal lord was attacked by demons wanting to retrieve his mysterious inner power, the invincible power that can help them take over the human world. The famous mage, Tokimori Hazama, was called upon, and with his 2 students, managed to save the whole land. But they fell ill, the feudal lord was killed, his power was also buried with him at a site called Karasumori.

In the present day, Yoshimori Sumimura and Tokine Yukimura, heirs of the Hazama clan, became the kekkaishi protecting the land and the power. They use a technique called Kekkai, a form of magical barrier, used to capture and destroy Ayakashi (monsters/demons) that are drawn to this land. Any demons that come near the power will become stronger and therefore Yoshimori and Tokine are to guard the land from intrusion of the Ayakashi. To do that, he first needs to know what the power actually is, and also strengthen his poor kekkai skills.
    sig by:ImotoChan

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Im really confused. Sometimes we don't get a release for about 2 weeks and then we get 5 or 6 chapters in a row. I'm not complaining its justs weird. Its one of my favorite shonens.
    I hate the girl i just want her to disappear.

i started readin only a week ago there was a sudden avalanche of chapters then nothin for a while dunno wat is happenin i guess they r scanlatin it from takabons and r waitin to get it or somethin . and the girl seriously wat was tanabe thinking!!!

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakkun View Post
    Im really confused. Sometimes we don't get a release for about 2 weeks and then we get 5 or 6 chapters in a row. I'm not complaining its justs weird. Its one of my favorite shonens.
    I hate the girl i just want her to disappear.
    I can explain this well because I consider myself a Kekkaishi expert and I've been following it for months.

There are 20 volumes out in Japan, but this is one of those mangas that were discoivered 'late', o scanlation is behind. Up to volume 18 is available in tankobon format and up to vol 17 has been translated by CNet. I'm not sure how many single chapters are available after vol 18. Since he likes it so much I'm sure CNet's woking on vol. 18. The last uber release was because he translated volume 17; which is normally he normally does for this series - translate by volumes.

Anyway, I like Tokine; she is very stable-minded and has very good skills.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post

i like tokine's character . i just dont like her art she looks a bit fat although she is not!!!

I loved it at the beginning, but I was expecting more adventure/journeys in the story, and they've barely been out of the school/castle. I'm only halfway of what's been released, I still have hope to see a great journey starting soon

It;s unlikely that they'll go on an epic journey. They have to stay with Kokuboru since they're the legitimate successors. In Volume 16 Yoshimori goes out though....that was pretty cool.

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhazivory View Post
    I can explain this well because I consider myself a Kekkaishi expert and I've been following it for months.

There are 20 volumes out in Japan, but this is one of those mangas that were discoivered 'late', o scanlation is behind. Up to volume 18 is available in tankobon format and up to vol 17 has been translated by CNet. I'm not sure how many single chapters are available after vol 18. Since he likes it so much I'm sure CNet's woking on vol. 18. The last uber release was because he translated volume 17; which is normally he normally does for this series - translate by volumes.
    Thank you ivory for explaining that. The reason i dont like tokine is that shes pretty boring.

I really liked this manga when I started reading it because for some reason Ive always been obsessed with kekkai's and stuff and to see an entire manga dedicated to using barriers to defend and attack is pretty awesome. I like the inovative uses and how to handle enemies and stuff, I wish there was more of a description on how things work and the background of the abilities and the spear staff thing but oh well.

I give it a 8/10 mainly because of the kekkai but was marked down because of the simple character personalities and how their pretty much generic manga characters, ya know the main character male who is stupidly strong and overpowers everything yet is advancing slowly but mainly because of instinct and "heart" -_- and the chick who is his partner who pails in comparisson yet is more functional and fluid and delicate and cautious and makes the main character want him yet never puts out...
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I really liked this manga when I started reading it because for some reason Ive always been obsessed with kekkai's and stuff and to see an entire manga dedicated to using barriers to defend and attack is pretty awesome. I like the inovative uses and how to handle enemies and stuff, I wish there was more of a description on how things work and the background of the abilities and the spear staff thing but oh well.

I give it a 8/10 mainly because of the kekkai but was marked down because of the simple character personalities and how their pretty much generic manga characters, ya know the main character male who is stupidly strong and overpowers everything yet is advancing slowly but mainly because of instinct and "heart" -_- and the chick who is his partner who pails in comparisson yet is more functional and fluid and delicate and cautious and makes the main character want him yet never puts out...
    lmao. Okay that made me laugh, but you're right though. The characters conform to manga stereotypes.