Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

D.Gray-man dubbed by Funimation!

Happy day! Woot! Its a good thing that D. Gray-man was grabbed by the best dubbing company out there. I trust that Funi will make D. Gray-man a great dub. ^_^

The Official D.Gray-Man Anime Website from FUNimation

I'm curious about the voices though, maybe Allen will have a british accent, I hope so seeing that the whole British thing worked well in Hellsing. (which is also dubbed by Funi)
    They'd better not give Lenalee a Chinese accent though. >_>

Edit: But there is a downside to this. Idiots are starting to delete episodes of D. Gray-man off of Youtube. >_<

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    I'l check it out as soon as i can but im not really a fan of dubs...

110% D.Gray-fan Miss_Clockworks's Avatar
    you know what? sometimes I'm not sure myself...
    i don't think Allen will sound good with a thick British accent D: maybe a light one, but a heavy one would make him sound weird to me. ^^; I think its that the sub voices are just SO perfect (like allen, lavi, tyki, and the earl) that im afraid i won't like anything else >__<;; i hope they don't mess it up, but funi usually does a good job so im not troo worried! i can't wait to see it! but unfortunately when there's a dub, there's a downside. otaku fangirl/boys chatting up a storm about it and asking questions and making assumptions that are WRONG because they don't read the manga and blah blah blah D:< i mean, look what happened to naruto. O__O ....>__>;; god i hope DGM doesn't go that way. and people are taking off eps?! dammit! why mus they do that. its no where near the start of the series so who cares if we watch it! tch! but i want it dubbed, its my favorite series of all time >3< oh please funimation! *prays* make it good!, no make it awesome. im still so excited though. now people won't be like "whuh?" when i ask do they know what D.Gray-man is XD
    I don't CARE if the glass is half full or half empty, who the @%$# drank my soda?!
    D.Gray-man is my EVERY-drug

even if the dub turns out good ill always prefer the subbed cause the japanese voices suit it so well, would it surprise me if they gave Kanda a sasuke kinda voice? lord no . I didnt really want this to be dubbed but i guess it was inevitable but i guess not all dubs are bad, lets hope this aint a bad one but looking back, yeah Funimation are pretty good
    Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....

O_O

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Clockworks View Post
    i don't think Allen will sound good with a thick British accent D: maybe a light one, but a heavy one would make him sound weird to me. ^^; I think its that the sub voices are just SO perfect (like allen, lavi, tyki, and the earl) that im afraid i won't like anything else >__<;; i hope they don't mess it up, but funi usually does a good job so im not troo worried! i can't wait to see it! but unfortunately when there's a dub, there's a downside. otaku fangirl/boys chatting up a storm about it and asking questions and making assumptions that are WRONG because they don't read the manga and blah blah blah D:< i mean, look what happened to naruto. O__O ....>__>;; god i hope DGM doesn't go that way. and people are taking off eps?! dammit! why mus they do that. its no where near the start of the series so who cares if we watch it! tch! but i want it dubbed, its my favorite series of all time >3< oh please funimation! *prays* make it good!, no make it awesome. im still so excited though. now people won't be like "whuh?" when i ask do they know what D.Gray-man is XD
    True you dont want allen with a scouser accent like this: YouTube - terry the scouse tortoise

Quote Originally Posted by Azzie View Post
    even if the dub turns out good ill always prefer the subbed cause the japanese voices suit it so well, would it surprise me if they gave Kanda a sasuke kinda voice? lord no . I didnt really want this to be dubbed but i guess it was inevitable but i guess not all dubs are bad, lets hope this aint a bad one but looking back, yeah Funimation are pretty good
    Love your signature (L)

Actually, I'm worried more about the eng subs than the voices XD

COOL |*-*|~cassette tape Animeartangel's Avatar
    This'll be interesting. They better not mess up any of the good people's voices, mainly the important people, or else I'll be very disappointed. If Allen has a british accent, it should be very light, because the one series I saw with a british-accented character was Negima, and that really didn't turn out too well for me. Of course, I don't care about the extras. lol. The only problem is that now that I know about it now, I'll be very impatient about having to wait almost another year for it to come. It'll probably fly by. Not to be a bother, but does anybody know if it's going to be on a station or just come out on disc?
    92% Of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy this
    lol~~~

lol thats why you archive the episodes by downloading them, duh. Well I love it, so who do you think will get it? Cartoon Network or Adult Swim? Or will it just be straight to DVD?

Cartoon Network would be a big no, D. Gray-man is a bit to mature for that and CN seems to only take Viz and 4Kids anime now. (We all saw what happened to One Piece) I'd prefer Adult Swim and if not that then it goes on DVD. I just hope I have the money by then. ><

Thats the point I was going to go into. Not Cartoon Network, Adult swim I'm feigning but most likely. They wouldn't do a long series like D.Gray-Man as only DVD because people wouldn't commit to it that easily. Simply because of the religious themes it won't be on CN and should be on Adult Swim. Now Katekyo Hitman Reborn could be CN lol, but thats a different story. As for Allen's VA I think Colleen O'Shaughnessey.