Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fllip View Post
    oh wows this brings back sooo much memories.

i was pretty satisfied w/ the ending but at the same time dissapointed cause satsuki was just pushed aside. i felt so bad for that girl. she never really had the chance from the beggining but she showed the most effort. she deserved to be happy!!!

True. Satsuki was awesome! I think Manaka and Satsuki would have been a better pair than him and Nishino. Hell, even Kozue would have been a good match. Satsuki was HOT and got along better with Manaka than anyone else. Only god knows why Manaka turned her down everytime...

I feel even more sorry for Tojou though. I mean after the confession scene in the movie, Manaka says, "If it was real, I wouldn't have a problem choosing." They were meant to be together and it just irritates me thinking of what could have been.

I just finished re-reading the series for a second time.

It's true what they say: "A good story will bring back memories and create new ones"

I felt even more passion than I did the first time I read it, shed even more tears through the end when Manaka rejects the others and shed my last cry of joy when he and Nishino get back together.

I'm gonna collect and preserve the english versions of these novels and once my kids hit 13, Imma force them to read this. They'll thank me as they get older :]

seriously one of the best mangaka i've read

well i was always rooting for junpei to end up with nishino
    i like nishino the best.

but still i feel sorry for tojou coz she didnt end up with manaka..

satsuki oh man!
    so damn hot! she was put aside!

i've read the mangaka for four times already.. lol!
    haha its kinda addictive coz the story is good

Quote Originally Posted by Split Second Shot View Post
    I just finished re-reading the series for a second time.

It's true what they say: "A good story will bring back memories and create new ones"

I felt even more passion than I did the first time I read it, shed even more tears through the end when Manaka rejects the others and shed my last cry of joy when he and Nishino get back together.

I'm gonna collect and preserve the english versions of these novels and once my kids hit 13, Imma force them to read this. They'll thank me as they get older :]
    Thats a pretty powerful comment. Just thinking about it, I might actually do that too lol. But seriously, I loved the story but I dont want to get that emotional ever again if I do decide to reread ;(

Just finished reading this manga, held off for a very long time as I hated the anime. But I finally gave this manga a chance and I'm glad I did although the ending was very disappointing.
    I tried to stay as neutral as possible, and I think I did a very good job all the way to the end, well the last few volumes anyway . I ended up siding with Toujo when I thought I wouldn't, but it's just that Toujo and Manaka had so much going, Manaka started to have feelings for her when he didn't know what she looked like without her glasses and he liked her all the way to the end and the way I see it, Toujo was what had made Manaka feel complete.

I knew that Manaka was gonna end up with Tsukasa, I looked up the spoiler as I got bored of watching the anime, I thought I would never pick up the manga so what did it matter? But as I got near the end I started to see Tsukasa as a simple airhead you come across in school. Nothing right in the left side of the brain and nothing left in the right side, pure looks is what she lived with. But as you get to know her you realise that there's more to her then what meets the eye. That's basically how I saw in Tsukasa (no harm meant towards the fans), someone you don't think much off until you get to know them better. And even then I don't think she could have been a better partner to Manaka then Toujo.
    But I do feel sorry for Satsuki, she went so far, tried so hard, even though it might not have been the best way she still tried very hard to get Manaka. But she hardly got so much as a second thought. She was also cast aside by the author as well near the end. Harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
    Just finished reading this manga, held off for a very long time as I hated the anime. But I finally gave this manga a chance and I'm glad I did although the ending was very disappointing.
    I tried to stay as neutral as possible, and I think I did a very good job all the way to the end, well the last few volumes anyway . I ended up siding with Toujo when I thought I wouldn't, but it's just that Toujo and Manaka had so much going, Manaka started to have feelings for her when he didn't know what she looked like without her glasses and he liked her all the way to the end and the way I see it, Toujo was what had made Manaka feel complete.

I knew that Manaka was gonna end up with Tsukasa, I looked up the spoiler as I got bored of watching the anime, I thought I would never pick up the manga so what did it matter? But as I got near the end I started to see Tsukasa as a simple airhead you come across in school. Nothing right in the left side of the brain and nothing left in the right side, pure looks is what she lived with. But as you get to know her you realise that there's more to her then what meets the eye. That's basically how I saw in Tsukasa (no harm meant towards the fans), someone you don't think much off until you get to know them better. And even then I don't think she could have been a better partner to Manaka then Toujo.
    But I do feel sorry for Satsuki, she went so far, tried so hard, even though it might not have been the best way she still tried very hard to get Manaka. But she hardly got so much as a second thought. She was also cast aside by the author as well near the end. Harsh.
    I like that right brain, left brain joke - never heard it before

I agree 100% (pun intended) with you. Tsukasa had a cool personality and certainly was a looker, but it just seemed so wrong that Manaka and Tojo didn't end up together. I finished several months ago and was totally caught off-guard by the ending but looking back on it I'm starting to realize the mangaka's decision for the ending. I am still emotionally distraught about the whole thing and just thinking about the manga, I am starting to get all worked up. Still the best manga that I read so far (even though I was pissed off to no end when I finished).

Oh god this was (and still is) a great favourite series of mine. Personally I wanted Manaka and Satsuki to end up together, even though I knew she wouldn't win. I seriously thought it was going to be Toujou, I never expect Tsukasa to be the one.
    I loved every bit about this series, I was a bitter towards the ending, but over time I came to see that is was a good ending after all, but I can't help but feel bad for Satsuki. It's like she had no effect on the end of the manga at all :(

Quote Originally Posted by snizshizzle View Post
    Still the best manga that I read so far (even though I was pissed off to no end when I finished).
    For me I wouldn't say it was the best manga that I've read but it certainly is up there in terms of influence and it most certainly was an experience. In short, while it isn't my best, it is one of my favourite .

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
    Oh god this was (and still is) a great favourite series of mine. Personally I wanted Manaka and Satsuki to end up together, even though I knew she wouldn't win. I seriously thought it was going to be Toujou, I never expect Tsukasa to be the one.
    I loved every bit about this series, I was a bitter towards the ending, but over time I came to see that is was a good ending after all, but I can't help but feel bad for Satsuki. It's like she had no effect on the end of the manga at all :(
    True. Satsuki was cool as hell and she deserved a better ending. I would have been fine with him ending up with Satsuki and I also would have been fine if he ended up with Kozue.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I just saw this series being sold at Borders. I really need to buy the volumes. The ending caught me off guard as well but I was very satisfied with it. I was a Satsuki fan for a while but eventually went to root for Nishino. Very happy it ended with her and Junpei. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList