I know, I am about two years late and there probably has already been a thread in the past about the disapproval of the manga's conclusion but I just HAD to vent my frustration.

Towards the end of the manga, I could tell where it was heading and I was thinking to myself, "This is going to piss me off." Well, it didn't piss me off - It made me ****ING FURIOUS!!!! WTF! The series was pretty damn good all the way through and then it just fell to pieces in the end. Things didn't make sense and the structure and story seemed random as hell.

I felt hope when the one scene showed that Tojou's festival number matched Manaka's. Then the confession scene gave me greater hope but just ended up pissing me off to no end. God, I wanna kill someone right now...

I was unsatisfied with the character conclusions and was especially disappointed with how Satsuki was just brushed under the rug towards the end of the manga. She was definitely one of the coolest characters.

Bottom line: Manaka ends up with Tojou. Bam. Thats it. I know it would have been "predictable" but it would have been so appropriate and the only suitable ending. A lot of things should have been different but Manaka at least should have broke up with Nishino and got with Tojou after reading the novel.

I will now be overwhelmed by a feeling of many emotions for the next few days - mainly incompleteness, sorrow, and anger. Hopefully this post will shorten that time...