Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Ichigo 100% ~ Kawashita Mizuki

I know, I am about two years late and there probably has already been a thread in the past about the disapproval of the manga's conclusion but I just HAD to vent my frustration.

Towards the end of the manga, I could tell where it was heading and I was thinking to myself, "This is going to piss me off." Well, it didn't piss me off - It made me ****ING FURIOUS!!!! WTF! The series was pretty damn good all the way through and then it just fell to pieces in the end. Things didn't make sense and the structure and story seemed random as hell.

I felt hope when the one scene showed that Tojou's festival number matched Manaka's. Then the confession scene gave me greater hope but just ended up pissing me off to no end. God, I wanna kill someone right now...

I was unsatisfied with the character conclusions and was especially disappointed with how Satsuki was just brushed under the rug towards the end of the manga. She was definitely one of the coolest characters.

Bottom line: Manaka ends up with Tojou. Bam. Thats it. I know it would have been "predictable" but it would have been so appropriate and the only suitable ending. A lot of things should have been different but Manaka at least should have broke up with Nishino and got with Tojou after reading the novel.

I will now be overwhelmed by a feeling of many emotions for the next few days - mainly incompleteness, sorrow, and anger. Hopefully this post will shorten that time...

It did leave an impression on me, but I was happy with the ending. I was actually rooting for Manaka to end up with Toujo like you, however this ending was still pretty satisfying for me, though Kozue and Yui could have at least had some ending. I guess everyone has their own opinions.

I was quite satisfied with the ending, although I thought a lot of the characters did deserve proper endings.

As for the whole "He should've ended up with Tojou" incident;There is a thing called "Soul Mates" that you're "perfect" for each other, but as Vince Lombardi said:

"Even though we know we can't achieve perfection (in this case you actually can; BUT) in the process we will reach Excellence. Although I do agree Manaka ending up with Tojou would've been a happily ever after ending, I believe Nishino made hercase better. Thus making that "excellence" more desirable than "perfection" I don't know how to explain it any better, but you can love someone your whole life, but if you wait and wait, and let chances slip by one after another, the words you wait for; the words "I love you." lose meaning compared to the one that you currently love. Since we can't see into the future of Ichigo 100% I can't say Nishino and Manaka lived Happily ever after, but I do believe it was a suitable ending.

I am also a little biased toward the ending being a Tsukasa fanboy :]

And this actually has motivated me to start reading the series all over again.

I never had much of a preference, originally I wanted it to be Toujo and Manaka, but as I kept reading it was hard to choose so I decided to remain neutral. I waited to gauge my own reaction to the ending, and it makes more sense for it to be Tsukasa as their relationship had more meaningful developments to Manaka as I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Split Second Shot View Post
    Since we can't see into the future of Ichigo 100% I can't say Nishino and Manaka lived Happily ever after, but I do believe it was a suitable ending.
    Yes we can, if the mangaka says so and she said that Tsukasa and Manaka would have a happy ending lol.

I agree with both of you in a way. I just got finished about two nights ago, and I must say I was happy with his choice. When I saw this topic, I was a little happy, because I wasn't sure if I should bump an existing one or create a new one altogether. But luckily the op did it for me.

Think of it this way, with Manaka choosing Tsukasa, he doesn't limit her in anyway whats so ever. If he was with Toujo, we knew he would be holding her back. It's been pushed for so long that if Toujo and Manaka got together, Toujo herself would be limited. We see proof right after she gives her speech. She's already becoming an idol. What would happen, say if the ending was with Toujo, can you really think she would be as successful, as she is now? It's all guessing, but the hints are there.

Now with him choosing Tsukasa, he not only can finish his idea of making Toujo's novel into a movie, but he can also get Tsukasa to learn all different types of food / cake designs. It's almost a perfect fit. He goes searching for filming locations, now with Tsukasa at his side, and she in the process gets to learn all different kinds of bakery.

This idea, just doesn't work with Toujo, yes you can say she can still write while shes away, but I just can't think of making that fit. As much as I would of been happy with either choice, the ideas above, really support why Tsukasa makes a good choice, as well.

Ideas and everything are still forming inside my head. I just wish there was a little bit more info on the 4 year time skip. [Also, doesn't anyone else find it interesting that Manaka's new appearance is just what you would expect someone to look like dating Tsukasa?]

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    [Also, doesn't anyone else find it interesting that Manaka's new appearance is just what you would expect someone to look like dating Tsukasa?]
    Thats probably how the world evens itself out, suspiciously enough. But yes, I do agree with what you just posted, the more fruitful relationship came out on top.

Meh, I was rooting for Manaka to end up with Nishino. I don't like people with personalities like Toujo, and Satsuki was awesome, but she obviously wasn't going to end up with Manaka.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

oh wows this brings back sooo much memories.

i was pretty satisfied w/ the ending but at the same time dissapointed cause satsuki was just pushed aside. i felt so bad for that girl. she never really had the chance from the beggining but she showed the most effort. she deserved to be happy!!!

Life is a bitch and death is her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Fllip View Post
    oh wows this brings back sooo much memories.

i was pretty satisfied w/ the ending but at the same time dissapointed cause satsuki was just pushed aside. i felt so bad for that girl. she never really had the chance from the beggining but she showed the most effort. she deserved to be happy!!!

True. Satsuki was awesome! I think Manaka and Satsuki would have been a better pair than him and Nishino. Hell, even Kozue would have been a good match. Satsuki was HOT and got along better with Manaka than anyone else. Only god knows why Manaka turned her down everytime...

I feel even more sorry for Tojou though. I mean after the confession scene in the movie, Manaka says, "If it was real, I wouldn't have a problem choosing." They were meant to be together and it just irritates me thinking of what could have been.

Actually the last few chapters made me cry. I didn't agree with it or anything, but I did feel a bit sad for Toujo that she didn't end up with Junpei. I mean the whole point of this manga was an attempt for him to be with the girl that inspired him.

Well, in the end, I was satisfied with the ending..sorta...but it still made me upset. Im more upset because I was a Toujo fan :(