Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Most frustrating gaming moments?

Ok, well i'm taking a break from revising from my exams (start tommorrow =S) to make a quick thread. Basically, you think of a GOOD game you played (no crap games that are frustrating please) and just put down your most horribly frustrating moment whilst playing that game.
    I'll go first:
    In Final Fantasy VII, I didn't level up enough before going into the Cave of Gi in Fort condor, and ended up overwriting my only outside save just before the boss, Gi Nattak. Needless to say, a level 17 with few potions, no phoenix downs and no X-Potions, against a level 29 undead warrior boss (video HERE in case you're wondering what the hell i'm talking about... the guys fighting him in that are level 29...) isn't a fun place to be. I had to start the whole game from scratch, and i was only like 7 or 8, so this was about 2 weeks worth of solid playing ='[. Yeah... i never got over that... it still haunts me =[
    Anyways, your go guys! (and girls)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I'll edit this post to put in one of my many frustrating moments later on...but first I'll just rename this thread.

Edit:
    Okay, now to explain my moment. I just so happen to remember it since you brought up FFVII. At the end of the first disc, in the Forgotten City, what your supposed to do is take a rest in one of the buildings. But I had forgotten this (this happened to be probably the 3rd time I went through the game and yet my memory still sucked) and instead spent the better part of a few days of playing time, going to various places and fighting over and over and over again...I didn't want to consult any online help or anything like that...much against my ethics regarding games like FF. In the end I visited probably every accessible place twice or more which included Junon, Fort Condor, Kalm and so on and so forth(and even a few worthless trips to that damn temple where the black materia was)...by the time I accidentally discovered what to do...I was around lvl. 60 so maybe there was a benefit after all...
    Last edited by Archiel; 05-15-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Climbing out of hell in God of War 1. I failed so many times!

Also I had to evade explosive thingies in Starfox Adventures wich made me fail so much I hadn't played the game for over 6 months.

Playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, playing find the missing chao on a level so you can get 999 rings and on your final run after you get the 999 rings, you get hit.

Having somebody whom is (much) better then I, or Can do something better then I.

So very tired anymore KandaLavi's Avatar
    FFVIII, I used the lantern at the wrong time. I really had no idea what it was till Diablos appeared. I play a few hours straight then add this to me always forgeting to save. Yeah, no fun.

Second game I do believe the title speaks to anyone who has ever played it, Chrono Cross.

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/KandaLavi
    Everything I Learned In Life, I Learned From CLAMP
    11. The most powerful people are alcoholics.
    23. Tokyo Tower is, more than likely, the source of all evil.
    29. Torture and mind games are just another way of showing you care.

Knights of the Old Republic, once you're on the star forge past the bots. Wave after fucking wave of people, and I had already hit the level limit so I couldn't get anymore powerful.........
    Died like three or four times and forgot to save so I spent 45 min on a 20 min of gameplay......

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Final Fantasy X against the Seymour on Gagazet....he was so tough to beat that I had to level up by running in circles next to the save point before him for 3-4 days....

Missing a single Persona needed to fuse an ultimate one in Persona 3 is pissing me off as well....(I want Thanatos! >_<)

Also Star Ocean: Till the End of Time in general.....it seems like no matter how much you level in that game every enemy is strong as hell.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Fire Emblem, around chapter 14, 15 (The chapter when you could recruit Priscilla) I messed up more than seven times killing one of my party and Priscilla in the process. Also in chapter 17 (or 16) the two recruits were a pain to get. Also in Children of Mana the camera is just bad, also in Macta Carta. .Hack GUs the story dungeons are long, and repetitive. Persona 3, the fusion quests are very annoying.

??????
    Zelda: Orcarina of time. When i was about 13 I had the hardest time Racing farmer john (not actual name) around the horse pen to win Epona, I actually broke two controllers and a coffee pot out of frustration.
    Last edited by ??????; 05-16-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    ??????