Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece Luffy's Family Tree

I recently caught up with One Piece and i have been wondering if ace really is luffy's brother? Does "D" mean there is a blood link between Gol D. Rogers, Marshall D. teach, Portgas D. Asce and the Monkeys?

My theory about ace is that he is either luffy's half brother or cousin not his full brother. He resembles luffy a lot so he may have changed his name or something, but in my personal opinion ace is dragons sisters son.

My theory about the "D" is that all people who carry that are a descendants of Davey Jones or something and the D stands for Davey.

I'm pretty sure that the "D" does not indication a blood relation per se.

Remember that Jaguar D. Saul is a "D", but was a Giant and therefore couldn't be related to the Monkeys.

I'm almost certain that Marshall D. Teach isn't related either. There might be a blood link between Gol and Luffy (great-uncle? uncle?), but I doubt it. So I think that the only ones that are blood-related are Dragon, Garp, Luffy and Ace.

I don't know why Ace isn't a Monkey, but Luffy considers him his brother. So, until proven otherwise, that's what I'll see him as.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    I don't know why Ace isn't a Monkey, but Luffy considers him his brother. So, until proven otherwise, that's what I'll see him as.
    After listening to his grandpa it seems like a lot of things were set up so that luffy would grow up into a strong spirited fighter. So It wouldnt be far fetched if his grandpa set it up so one of his close relatives would be fill in as his older brother to give him some one to strive to be better then. But i guess since that both of them view each other as brothers it doesnt really matter if they are 100% related.

Oh and I think their could have be some human giant humping and saul can be a human/giant hybrid.

I suppose all the D. are descendants of a group of people who did something in a big event that took place in those missing 100 years of history or however they're called. Something dark and bloody...

Whatever, I feel a bit ridiculous that Nami and Robin have never asked Luffy about his relation with some other D. dudes, it's just not realistic they accept any new information about D. and don't even ask Luffy about that.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    I suppose all the D. are descendants of a group of people who did something in a big event that took place in those missing 100 years of history or however they're called. Something dark and bloody...

Whatever, I feel a bit ridiculous that Nami and Robin have never asked Luffy about his relation with some other D. dudes, it's just not realistic they accept any new information about D. and don't even ask Luffy about that.
    Who knows, but its general consensus that Luffy is as clueless as Zoro is directionally challenged.

I think I'll ask Duke's opinion on the matter, he does love his One Piece. But personally I agree with you damnz, the D. is related to the great 'nation' referred to on the tablets researched by the Ohara archaeologists and the dark century (or w/e its called) that the damn World Government would like to keep secret.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by archiel View Post
    (...) the D. is related to the great 'nation' referred to on the tablets researched by the Ohara archaeologists and the dark century (or w/e its called) that the damn World Government would like to keep secret.
    ...and that's why Dragon is starting a revolution.

I am glad you mentioned that damnz i had similar thoughts but instead I put my money on the family tree horse. It would be a much better story then just some great ancient ancestor pirate raping and pillaging all over and then having his seeds sprout some of the most influential people in the world.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    ...and that's why Dragon is starting a revolution.
    And good on him for doing so

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

One Piece Luffy's Mother

How come we haven't heard about luffy's mother?Since we all know where luffy's strong guts came from(Grandpa-Garp, Father-Dragon).

Spoiler!

Im betting dollars to donuts that Ace = Portgas D. Ace (Shank's son)