Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gintama

Gintama

I just bought vol. 1 from an online anime store, so it's an official release, not something from ebay where it's bootlegged. I haven't seen any other official releases of the anime, so i have nothing to compare it with, but I noticed that the subtitles are off quite a bit. First it seems like the names are totally incorrect, I listened for what they were saying in japanese and they were using the same names that the english manga releases use. For instance Gin's name is supposed to be Gintoki Sakata, however, the subtitles gave him a chinese sounding name "Ginta Bantien". Are there more than one companies licensed to release the anime? I am hoping to find better releases, but this is one case where the people who are doing subs online are doing a much better job. I just really love anime and manga and want to support a industry that is really hurting and needs our financial support.

Kaien, its an awesome anime, you should go to rumbel-subs.com they got 56 episodes subbed so far.

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

I will, but like I said, when i can afford it I like to support them. I don't buy bleach anime because first off it's on TV, and second there are plenty of people buying it. But I like giving support to artists like sorachi who forego fame and fortune and create less main stream manga and anime. With the manga to the current volume I had already read it, but I still buy it every other month when they release a new volume in the states. The main reason I signed up here is because when bleach manga are released I saw manga share put in at the end that they would prefer to lose money that profit off of manga, and how other sites would just take their manga scans and host them and charge people for it.

Somehow I feel confused, but don't know what of. Anyways, if you want to support the Gintama Anime then wait for the English Dub DVD release. As it will probably never be put on TV. Too much for CN and I wouldn't expect seeing it on AS.

Kaien, I got over that a long time ago, but w/e floats your boat. But its nice to meet more gin fans ^^b

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

can anyone tell me why the licensed releases have changed the names so bad, and if there are any other companies releasing them? Thats all I really want to know. I'm not against watching them online, but I like owning the dvd as well. lossless dvd upconverted on my blu ray looks damn nice on my big screen. And I really think artists like Sorachi deserve our support.

Anyway, back to topic, it is awful how bad the subtitles are. Not only are the names wrong, but it's like they are translating verbatim instead of pulling the main idea out of it like must be done with Japanese. I am still learning level 4 the most basic level of Japanese and I could do better. I am pretty sure they had a chinese person doing the translating.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I don't know why they've changed the names so bad, I guess they have a terrible translator. In light of that...I wouldn't trust them at all. Since they aren't licensed in English you're not going to get DVD's that are in English. Maybe you should buy the Japanese ones and practice with them. Since you're able to grasp the language and stuff.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

You can't watch Gintama without having someone explain all the references to you. xD So many references that you just can't understand, even if you're Japanese. (Well. At least there's a bit) Way more fun when you understand everything, not only parts of it. Rumbel, as linked earlier, is great at that. They are awesome. :3

Speaking of which, the latest episode came out (latest subbed episode) 58, well here it is, uploaded by me:

[Rumbel] Gintama 58

Things start to pick up, its getting really good.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Yeah...I read this arc in the manga and absolutely loved it.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21