Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
    Hey, I already said I was going to watch the original subs so you guys can stop freaking out

Reason for the original, and not just watching with the Japanese on the DVD versions, big-ass-subtitle-that take up half the goddamn screen.
    ...Jesus christ, you're just full of fail today.

Ctrl+Alt+Del

THAT, is how dubs are made.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    ...Jesus christ, you're just full of fail today.

Ctrl+Alt+Del

THAT, is how dubs are made.
    true that!

remember fuzzy, Haruhi small smite you if you watch those dubs -_-
    SHE SHALL SMITE YOU GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by ReshenKusaga View Post
    Combined Community Codec Pack

get it nao -_-
    Haruhi-sama commands it, though you are not a member of this FC, her will is absolute, therefore GO GET IT NOW!!!
    Sorry can't, that's a windows only program. Besides the .avi's are working fine.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
    Sorry can't, that's a windows only program. Besides the .avi's are working fine.
    that's why I suggested mplayer... you really should give it a try. I love it on linux

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Just to let you guys know, I have not disappeared. ^^

I will return to activity tomorrow. Till then, have fun!

Oh yeah, redsquirrel, my recommendation is that you watch the subbed version in broadcast order. A detailed explanation of Broadcast order v.s. Chronological order is written in the first page, second post.

If you find the DVD version to be too much of a problem, download the broadcast version from the first page post instead. You should be able to turn the dub off by right clicking the screen and selecting the correct commands. Then again, I use mplayer, so I can't speak much. The sole advantage that the DVD version offers the viewer is a slightly higher visual quality.

If you have further questions, I will answer them tomorrow. ^^

Edit: I modified the title of this thread for just a bit. =P

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Crap im an inactive member of this club. We all know that haruhi-sama is all forgiving when it comes to those who are working hard studying for exams. So shame on you guys for not be forgiving!

Thanks guys, and I can gurantee you once I finish watching them I will join the Brigade. I am watching them in broadcast order, original fansubs.

Dubbing is okay, but a lot of the emotion gets sucked out from the original voice actors. I can't stand the huge ass subs on the DVD versions either so I'm just going to settle for this.

@DukeTheGold & jja
    I try to avoid having more the one program for the same purpose. All I need to do is play them, and nothing else. Quicktime works fine for that, so unless I need to download something else I'm not.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    "Just working" is never good enough, it has to work perfectly, and has to have a nice interface too. I've never had a problem with mplayer... never...

Number of problems I've had with quicktime... up in the 100's, mostly because the F'ing program takes over file associations without asking... f'ing apple with their f'ing crappy a/v program and their f'ing need to link it to awesome iTunes for no f'ing reason (really if they wanted to use the code they could have just linked the libs, not required the entire program be installed)
    ------------------------------------------
    o yeah, and there is no real way to uninstall it from your mac too ... bahh, I love my macs, but man quicktime pisses me off
    Last edited by Kushieda; 05-15-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    lol I am all about variety - when the codecs fail some other program will do the trick

and as Haruhi-sama () would say ''we just have to put a bunch of Mikuru-chan pics on the front page and it will be fine''

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Quote Originally Posted by jja View Post
    "Just working" is never good enough, it has to work perfectly, and has to have a nice interface too. I've never had a problem with mplayer... never...

Number of problems I've had with quicktime... up in the 100's, mostly because the F'ing program takes over file associations without asking... f'ing apple with their f'ing crappy a/v program and their f'ing need to link it to awesome iTunes for no f'ing reason (really if they wanted to use the code they could have just linked the libs, not required the entire program be installed)
    ------------------------------------------
    o yeah, and there is no real way to uninstall it from your mac too ... bahh, I love my macs, but man quicktime pisses me off
    HOLY SHIT! That's a lot of hate there man.

I've honestly never run across any problems. I have no idea what you're are talking about on the iTunes thing either.......