Page 217 of 254 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2534
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    What's moe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    Moe is a Japanese term used in connection with manga or anime to describe something precious, usually (but not always) the ideal of youthful and innocent femininity. Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime. To be moe, a character can be eager or perky, not overly independent, and call forth a desire in the viewer to protect them and nurture them. The term is also used to describe any preciously cute item; there is an animal mascot character store in Tokyo called Moe.

There is a lot of debate over the crossover between moe fandom and lolicon. While the crossover exists among fans and products the two genres are not synonymous.
    That is all... for now :]

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Well, apparently the sale of the new Haruhi Wii dance dance revolution game fared poorly. According to Sankaku Complex, only 8500 units were sold during its initial release day. In comparison to its counterparts in the past, the sale number is quite dismal. While it's true that from what I have seen and read about the game, there is next to nothing particularly innovative about it other than the fact that it is a Haruhi, this is still an ominous indication of the subtle decline of Haruhi's once vast fan base. Even the recent releases of "possible" news on the regard of a "possible" second season and an official air date of a Haruhi spin off utterly failed to boost back the consumer confidence. Indeed, all indications are pointing toward the worse possible scenario.

Consequentially, questions have been raised. Has the Haruhi community finally stopped caring after three years of blind loyalty and unrewarding endurance? Is this the end of the Haruhi era? Will Kyoto Animation be able to release a second season that would restore the Haruhiism back its former glory? Or perhaps we are simply thinking too much and that the dismal sale number is merely an innocent victim of the failing global economy?
    Well if that is indeed the case.....KyoAni still has Clannad.

Also even though I am a Haruhi fan I had no intention of playing that game. Not because my fandom is declining just....it didn't look fun. Though I would love to play the Haruhi RPG for PS2. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Haruhi Suzumiya's Butler Xoraan14's Avatar
    I would say half the people that like Haruhi and are crazy teenage boys are in it for Mikuru. And no I wouldn't consider Haruhi Moe.... I'd consider her an attractive female but not moe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    Well if that is indeed the case.....KyoAni still has Clannad.
    But Clannad is just a typical high school magical story... KyoAni can't just cancel Haruhi it's like cancelling christmas...

Also even though I am a Haruhi fan I had no intention of playing that game. Not because my fandom is declining just....it didn't look fun. Though I would love to play the Haruhi RPG for PS2. ^_^
    Yes! I would love to play that one as well. Why don't they release it over here and do a dub/sub thing(Is that possible... Wait they did it for the Dragonball Z fighting game so I'm sure they can do it for this..) And then it's in english if people want it to be so(Can't understand why though...The english dubbing wasn't bad but it wasn't good either) and then it's in japanese with captions.

Member of:۞ The Empire ۞

Quote Originally Posted by Xoraan14 View Post
    But Clannad is just a typical high school magical story... KyoAni can't just cancel Haruhi it's like cancelling christmas...
    But Clannad made me laugh AND cry. Haruhi only did one of those.

Yes! I would love to play that one as well. Why don't they release it over here and do a dub/sub thing(Is that possible... Wait they did it for the Dragonball Z fighting game so I'm sure they can do it for this..) And then it's in english if people want it to be so(Can't understand why though...The english dubbing wasn't bad but it wasn't good either) and then it's in japanese with captions.
    They're doing that for the new Fate/Stay Night game so I can't see why they couldn't do it for that Haruhi game. You got this for buying the Haruhi game too.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I guess nobody missed me...
    Well screw you too!

They're doing that for the new Fate/Stay Night game so I can't see why they couldn't do it for that Haruhi game. You got this for buying the Haruhi game too.

Well even if they didn't include the figure with it a Haruhi PS2 RPG game would sit well with the fans. But I bet it's the exclusivity of being a japanese person.... They could even make it as the last big PS2 game to be released to the english speaking countries, Hype it up and then send it over because Heck... I'd buy the damn thing and I know you would Arisato.... Not to mention the other Haruhiists and general RPG fans all around the world

Oh and Minidevi I was actually considering leaving the brigade because I thought you were pissed off with me.... You are clearly more important than me in this club
    Last edited by Xoraan14; 01-27-2009 at 11:31 AM.

The ps2 is pretty much dead in the states now a days. Anything not on the xbox 360 / ps3 wont get any sales at all. Even so, I'd still pick it up and plug in the good ol ps2 for a haruhi rpg!

Well, apparently the sale of the new Haruhi Wii dance dance revolution game fared poorly. According to Sankaku Complex, only 8500 units were sold during its initial release day. In comparison to its counterparts in the past, the sale number is quite dismal. While it's true that from what I have seen and read about the game, there is next to nothing particularly innovative about it other than the fact that it is a Haruhi, this is still an ominous indication of the subtle decline of Haruhi's once vast fan base. Even the recent releases of "possible" news on the regard of a "possible" second season and an official air date of a Haruhi spin off utterly failed to boost back the consumer confidence. Indeed, all indications are pointing toward the worse possible scenario.

Consequentially, questions have been raised. Has the Haruhi community finally stopped caring after three years of blind loyalty and unrewarding endurance? Is this the end of the Haruhi era? Will Kyoto Animation be able to release a second season that would restore the Haruhiism back its former glory? Or perhaps we are simply thinking too much and that the dismal sale number is merely an innocent victim of the failing global economy?
    =O Oh noez! I wanna buy that game!!
    For some reason, I always thought that you were an onionheaded Martian.
    Alright, then people really are hiding things from me... *Looks at own arms and legs*

...Kiku~
    ... Am I human?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    The ps2 is pretty much dead in the states now a days. Anything not on the xbox 360 / ps3 wont get any sales at all. Even so, I'd still pick it up and plug in the good ol ps2 for a haruhi rpg!
    It... Would depend which part of the US, non~?

It's true though, Canada's pretty much like that too... =/

Though there seems to be parts of Canada that have humans obsessed with the DS nowadays. You go out and you see 10 people playing on their DS lites.

=o

OH! And just to say this for the sake of saying this; it seems Brigade members are all fetching Clannad avatars now... I even had the urge to get a Sunohara Mei avatar... But Onions are still what I am x3
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

Well even if they didn't include the figure with it a Haruhi PS2 RPG game would sit well with the fans. But I bet it's the exclusivity of being a japanese person.... They could even make it as the last big PS2 game to be released to the english speaking countries, Hype it up and then send it over because Heck... I'd buy the damn thing and I know you would Arisato.... Not to mention the other Haruhiists and general RPG fans all around the world
    I know I'd buy it. There would be imports if I knew Japanese. Or I could pay an outrageous sum on eBay for that Haruhi figure, much like you can do now with the Saber Lily that came with the Fate/Stay Night game.

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I know I'd buy it. There would be imports if I knew Japanese. Or I could pay an outrageous sum on eBay for that Haruhi figure, much like you can do now with the Saber Lily that came with the Fate/Stay Night game.
    I really suppose there has to be a fan demand here for it like what they did with Kingdom Hearts Re:COM. Millions of fans wanted it to be bought to america(Doesn't make much difference to me) and it was... Now if only they would do that with the Haruhi RPG game I'm sure that the company in charge of distributing it would see an opportunity to earn more money and eventually cave in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiz View Post
    OH! And just to say this for the sake of saying this; it seems Brigade members are all fetching Clannad avatars now... I even had the urge to get a Sunohara Mei avatar... But Onions are still what I am x3
    It's for the Dukes other project the Clannad Fanclub.