Page 14 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
    HOLY SHIT! That's a lot of hate there man.
    Well yeah, it's probably mostly because I've never used the plugin that you are using, plus I hate the controls in general

I've honestly never run across any problems. I have no idea what you're are talking about on the iTunes thing either.......
    iTunes on mac requires you have quicktime installed. If you fully uninstall quicktime, iTunes will not run.

Now you can partially remove quicktime (dragging the app from the app folder to the trash), but that doesn't actually remove it. it only makes it so you can't run the quicktime UI. iTunes still works like that...

but wait, there's more... Since quicktime isn't actually uninstalled, when you run system update, it selects quicktime to be on the list of things to be updated (when there actually is one).. not a big deal as you can tell it to ignore that update.

However, when itunes need to be updated, it sometimes updates as iTunes+Quicktime if it needs new features from a newer version of quicktime, in which case it reinstalls quicktime. This overwrites any file associations you may have changed (i.e. opening avi files with VLC or mPlayer instead of quicktime) back to opening with quicktime. When all it really needed to do was install the new libraries and maybe the front end if it really had to be updated.

But tell me, why the hell is it updating file associations that I specifically changed!

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    Yep itunes does suck. Thank god i have a zune!!

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakkun View Post
    Thank god i have a zune!!
    Somehow all my worries about having a mac went away and I now feel sorry for you :(

Of course I don't actually have a music player at all, but from looking at technical specs of the zune, I'd rather not have one than have that... but to each their own. Some reviews I've seen of them have been quite nice.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Lord of the Boredom zone Pakkun's Avatar
    I thought it was crap at first when looking at reviews but then i got one cos it was so cheap and now im in love....

Pakkun let me tell you a story,

A man was worried over the iPod he just got. He was in a somewhat shady neighborhood, and was trying to keep it from being stolen

Now this man was very smart, he figured the reason the iPods were stolen so much was because they were good, popular mp3 players. So he gutted a Zune and stuck his iPod in it.

The next day he left the "Zune" on the ground in front of school. He was so worried until the next day he came back, and it was still there. His plan had succeeded.

True story, with a little bit of embellishment.

Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakkun View Post
    Yep itunes does suck. Thank god i have a zune!!
    >_>
    <_<

no comment

and

Haruhi-sama is not forgiving, she will only forgive if you do something that helps the SOS Brigade along

(haruhi-sama is devious and moe!)

Alright I want to officially join now as the first esper of the Brigade.

Senjogahara Fascination ReshenKusaga's Avatar
    Welcome to the SOS Brigade,

Follow Suzumia-sama's rules and contribute and you'll be on your way to being someone who she won't be bored with

I already PM'd DukeTheGold with a good youtube video my friend found.

Does that count?

Thanks guys, and I can gurantee you once I finish watching them I will join the Brigade. I am watching them in broadcast order, original fansubs.

Dubbing is okay, but a lot of the emotion gets sucked out from the original voice actors. I can't stand the huge ass subs on the DVD versions either so I'm just going to settle for this.
    Settling is bad. Your computer sucks.

Oh and iPods are the only apple products I actually endorse...seeing as how I've bought like 4 of them...

Oh and more CAD for the masses.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!