Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I swear Jiraiya made a Katon Rasengan (I hope that is right...).
    Either I dreamt of it or I saw it on a preview for the new Shippuuden movie, I remember seeing Jiraiya with a ball of fire, meh I can't remember... Too much alcohol is bad for the brain!

I think people are confused in general.
    For example, affinity is described as a natural ability. Something that you can excel at faster than anyone else who doesn't have it. Think about it in a genetic level, where some people are just naturally smarter or have longer arms. Or people who excel at two sports, things like that.
    In my interpretation, if you are a wind type. you will be able to develop quicker with that element and it can be your greater strength.
    Jutsu wise, Kakashi used about just everything from earth (hound dogs), water (in movies/ against zaba) and of course lightning. That doesn't mean he has a "killer" jutsu with that element tho.
    The ability to combine the two is special, not when they are used individually.

.. hmmm.. is true that u could imply that Sasuke is both Fire and Lightning.. but you can only have 1 affinity..... that doesnt mean u cant use other jutsus of different elements or that ur elemental affinity is the one u will be the most powerful in.. it just means is the easiest to use for u.. the easiest to start ur elemental training with...

When it comes to Sasuke I believe he is Fire here is why:

He mastered Katon (Fire) element at 8.. if he truly is lightning it wouldnt not had taken him several days to learn how to turn his chakra into lightning...

fire was easier to learn so it seems more logical to assume he is fire.
    when kakashi says "same type" I think he means genius or fast learner... not same element.. how the hell would he know his element... he said thats why he decided to train him.. cause they are the same.... he must have done the paper test after Sasuke found him in the cliff...

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    .. hmmm.. is true that u could imply that Sasuke is both Fire and Lightning.. but you can only have 1 affinity..... that doesnt mean u cant use other jutsus of different elements or that ur elemental affinity is the one u will be the most powerful in.. it just means is the easiest to use for u.. the easiest to start ur elemental training with...

He mastered Katon (Fire) element at 8.. if he truly is lightning it wouldnt not had taken him several days to learn how to turn his chakra into lightning...

when kakashi says "same type" I think he means genius or fast learner... not same element.. how the hell would he know his element... he said thats why he decided to train him.. cause they are the same.... he must have done the paper test after Sasuke found him in the cliff...
    It's never said you are limited to 1 infinity, in fact it says Sasuke has 2, Kekkei Genkai users have two.
    Last edited by blindSharingan; 07-27-2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: spelling <_<;;;

Just because Sasuke was able to do a katon jutsu(a weak katon jutsu at that, not to mention it nearly took out all his energy) at age 8 doesn't mean he mastered it. Kakashi said it himself that it takes years to master a certain element.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Banned

Again bro ur making stuff up. no where does it say that u can only have 1 affinity.

And last I read in the manga....Sasuke had a VERY VERY hard time learning that Katon jutsu. It took him "several days" PLUS coaching from his dad to achieve it. Did you forget how they kept showing Sasuke training to just be able to do the jutsu? It was by no means easy.

Why would Kakashi say "he's the same as me, a genius!" lmao thats just dumb. If that were the case he could also teach Sakura teh Chidori since she IS a fast learner, that seems to be her field. I'll admit at first I did NOT know what Kakashi meant by 'he's the same as me" but it all made sense when he stated that Sasuke has lightning affinity.

And to this, they added that Uchiha has a natural affinity to fire. Thus my conclusion is that the Lightning is Sasuke's own affinity aside from his Clan's. And I believe most Uchiha's have 2 elemental affinities all of them have fire and most probably have a 2ndary affinity.

Just because Naruto was simply a Wind type and nothing else, doesnt mean that everyone out there only has 1 natural affinity. As it's stated that most jounin have at least 2. at LEAST, do u know what that means? it means a lot of ppl have 2 or more. (at least at jounin level it seems 1 affinity is the "rare" occurance)

Which brings up this question...which 2 affinities do you guys think Neji has?

you see sasuke is a fire type originally. all uchihas are like that. but there is something to them that most peolple dont exactly notice.....its that they are able to use one more type of their choice(mostly the one that suits them) because of the sharingan. so sasuke is a fire type user but because he has sharingan he is allowed an extra use. but do not confuse him with the 1st hokage and whats his name..the dude that got the 1st hokage's dna transfered into him...coz their's is another story totally :smile

Regular Member Chainsaw_Chimaera's Avatar
    When Kakashi stated that Sasuke was the same as him, I believe he is refering to how Sasuke is similar to how Kakashi was a young nin (as seen in the Kakashi Gaiden). Also, it was shown in Gaiden how you pretty much needed Sharingan for Chidori to be an effective attack. (At least I'm pretty sure on this, it has been a while since I read those chapters)

I think that quote can be interpreted many different ways, and yes it was stated that because of the high speed chidori requires you are not able to see your opponents counter attack, therefore the sharingan completes the jutsu.

Initiate
    well sasuke is fire based, cuz he is an uchiha, but his second element is much faster in attack speed rather than his first, so he prefer to use his second element to match his fighting style that based on speed,

I think sasuke might use his fire element as his devastating attack, coz he able to use it since he was small, so mastering in fire is sure higher than lightning,
    most of his attack that based on lightning is minor damage, but sasuke execute it in right spot, so it is become really useful dan deadly