Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Coolest Rookie

I was just wonderin which of the nine rookies you thought was the coolest
    please vote and then explain why

Law seems pretty mysterious..

o yes I like his design/personality

he reminds me of gin from don krieg pirates.. lol

known as Lucifer / Killy69 / Succubus / GioGio / Guts / Lain Iwakura / L41n

Eustass Kid, the one who will bring more problems or adventures with Luffy for sure

About the others, I doubt that Bege and Euroge will last long. About Apoo, looks like we'll know a bit more from his tribe sometime before he leaves, and the other rookies will last long for sure, Luffy can't enter the New World alone; he needs allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrödinger View Post
    Law seems pretty mysterious..

o yes I like his design/personality

he reminds me of gin from don krieg pirates.. lol
    i agree
    law seems very mysterious and he does remind me of gin

i voted for hawkins because he has a sorta cool sorta feel about him
    my 2nd fav is X Drake just coz i like swordsman XD

do you reckon bonney will last long?

Well, I don't know what to think about Bonney. She must be a very powerful pirate, of course, but I'm so used to Oda giving us only powerful male captains that I'm unsure what's up with Bonney. She neither looks like she's going to meet Nami or Robin anytime, so I doubt she'll become any ally for Luffy; I hope she takes an important role, though, this story needs for females!

Phisically talking, I hate Basil, he looks so ugly with that tatoo in his skin, that hair, those clothes... but just for the name: Hawkins was the name of a famous pirate, and also the main character of the famous "Treasure Island" book, so he'll have an important role for sure, seeing the way Oda is using real and fictional piracy legends so far.

X Drake looked like the most serious one, so I doubt he'll be involved in any fight in the Archipelago. He looks like a lonely man just like Mihawk, he'll be a tough one. Not very cool so far, though.

Bege and Euroage, as said, are done for. And the Killer looks like he'll pretty have the same destiny as those two. Nor phisically or the name or their abilities are anything special, there's no role for them in the New World.

Trafalgar Law is another mysterious one. As you said, I though I was seeing Gin again first time. By the way, am I the only one that thinks he has some relation to those monkey pirates Luffy meet in Jaya? He'll be another with a great role for sure; though I doubt he'll be involved in any fight soon, just as X Drake.

About Apoo, again, I think there will be kind of a short arc about his island or something, since he's the only one born in the Grand Line. At least, if he dies in Kid's hands, there will be some noisy consequences in his tribe's island. I don't like how he is phisically, he just looks deformed.

And, finally, my favorite one, of course, Eustass Kid. I still think he'll be a great rival and a great ally for Luffy at the same time. Their crews will help each other to survive in the New World, but they'll be enemies at the end; more or less like Shanks and Mihawk. What worries me is that he is too bloody and violent, and that doesn't fit for a character that could help the main heros, so maybe he'll be just another enemy for Luffy with no other role in the story.

And these are my thoughts about the 9 Supernovae...

for me it's non other than the great BUGGY the clown..haha

Spoiler!

definitely trafalgar law. He seems the coolest and most interesting character. And when i look at him with all the tatoos and stuff and his nickname 'dark docter' i just have to think he does something with voodoo. Must be something like that.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Who else thinks that each of the Strawhats are going to take down a 100 million+ bounty pirate?

9 of them, 9 Strawhats (not counting the Thousand Sunny)... Then the Strawhats combined bounty would be well over 1 billion, possibly approaching 2 billion (that is, of course, counting Sogeking as a strawhat.)

If Straw Hats were to fight and defeat all those rookies (which won't happen, imo), wouldn't the whole Mariejoa come after them? This battle would be too reckless, having all the powerful Marines above.

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    If Straw Hats were to fight and defeat all those rookies (which won't happen, imo), wouldn't the whole Mariejoa come after them? This battle would be too reckless, having all the powerful Marines above.
    The Engineer that is 100× as powerful as Luffy could hold them off for a little while, giving the Strawhats enough time to find Zoro and escape.

I wonder where Smoker is? Is he on the archipelago, or the Marine base on the Redline?

Of course Luffy also has to teach the Nobels on the archipelago a lesson, so they might not fight the other rookies... yet.