6. Chopper - Doctor
    7. Robin - Archaeologist
    8. Franky - Shipwright
    9. Brook - Musician
    10. ?? - Magician/Engineer
    11. ?? - Cabin Boy/Fighter

Just guess..chow

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Infinite. Since the members will grow as long as the manga is continued. Because a number that is ever getting larger is not quantifiable, it is thus infinite.
    Sure I can quantify it, or at least put a limit to it.

One Piece will not continue after Oda is dead, let's say he lives to be 100, so that's about 67 more years. At 50 chapters a year and about 1 new character for every 50 chapters (that's being generous), that means at most there will be 67 new strawhats... But that will never happen, since:
    a) Oda isn't going to keep the manga going until he's 100.
    b) Luffy said that he wanted a crew of about 10.
    c) If 76 characters got into a series of 1 on 1 fights, and each fight lasted 1 chapter, it would take over a year to complete them... Way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by malau_in_the_shadow
    Hmmmm. It depends on Oda. But this is my prediction:
    10. ?? - Magician/Engineer
    11. ?? - Cabin Boy/Fighter

Just guess..chow
    hmmm... to me shipwright = engineer = architect in Pirate terms.

What is a "Cabin Boy"'s job? General assisstant? It's only a crew of 9-10 other people, not much for him to do.

Maybe something like an astronomer, or a naturalist... Some type of specialized scientist, a nemesis for Dr. Vegapunk.

i dont know about the cabin boy but a magician sounds cool. ^_^

7 Warlord of the Sea allanrodelas's Avatar
    a cabin boy is like a pirates maid!!
    Top 5 Manga on my List
    Spoiler!

Initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by Eep View Post
    im still thinking 10. They will get 10 and go thru the rest of the story like that. Because if you keep adding members, you need to give them screentime. And ODA never fails with giving every character screen time. So if they get like 15+ members...thats ALOT of screentime to do, which isnt easy. I think 10 is the right number, and its also what was hinted at near the beginning of the show when luffy said he wanted a small crew of about 10 people.
    i can agree with this. its a nice number. just enough to call it a crew, yet not too many to confuse the storyline and character development. and as mentioned above, it keeps to Luffy's own wish. and besides, which sounds cooler: a huge army of powerful fighters, or a small band of fighters capable of fending off against anything?

The true testament of there strength is that they are a small but powerful army the less of them there are the more menacing each member seems when they blast their way through obstacles. The truth is with the even a musician with his entertainment was important. A magician is not needed because they have a musician an engineer really is not needed cause the shipwright serves the same purpose. Plus, Ussop does not do a bad job as an engineer. I remember a few scenes where they show how big of slobs those guys are, so maybe a cabin boy would not be a bad idea.

If you notice how often the ships have been beaten up because noone on the crew can steer properly, if someone comes a long with the ability to be a Helmsman I think that would be best. Especially since the waters seem to be getting more treacherous.

I have heard people saying a second mate would be needed but usually second mate is only needed for large crews.

Im not sure but dive master sounds good. (If Camie Does this Sanji may fall in just to be saved lol)

7 Warlord of the Sea allanrodelas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshecalpoly View Post
    The true testament of there strength is that they are a small but powerful army the less of them there are the more menacing each member seems when they blast their way through obstacles. The truth is with the even a musician with his entertainment was important. A magician is not needed because they have a musician an engineer really is not needed cause the shipwright serves the same purpose. Plus, Ussop does not do a bad job as an engineer. I remember a few scenes where they show how big of slobs those guys are, so maybe a cabin boy would not be a bad idea.

If you notice how often the ships have been beaten up because noone on the crew can steer properly, if someone comes a long with the ability to be a Helmsman I think that would be best. Especially since the waters seem to be getting more treacherous.

I have heard people saying a second mate would be needed but usually second mate is only needed for large crews.

Im not sure but dive master sounds good. (If Camie Does this Sanji may fall in just to be saved lol)
    so u were saying about:
    -Helmsman
    -Cabin Boy
    -Diver (much better if a merman or mermaid)
    Top 5 Manga on my List
    Spoiler!

10 memers seem like a good number because they very well divide battles in team ups i relly would like to see more combo characters like what they did in Thriller Bark, there great combos and ridiculus combos so to me 10 is ideal for fights and comedy purposes
    I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to Death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything.

luffy has said about 10, so i'm guessing it's no more than 10, and since they've already got a musician, i don't think they'll have another member.

so brook is prob the last member (since that way, when oda draws a group pic, there'll be a person in the middle.