Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    7 Warlord of the Sea allanrodelas's Avatar

One Piece How many members do you think straw hat pirate will have?

This is my 2nd thread for the day!!!

East Blue Saga:
    Luffy-Zoro-Ussop-Sanji-Nami
    Ship: Going Merry

Grand Line Saga:
    Chopper-Robin-Franky-Brook-???
    Ship: Going Merry-Thousand Sunny

For now they have 9 Straw hat pirate member; Luffy wanted to have 11 crew member (including him) before entering the grandline but neccesarily 10 crew on the whole manga story.... And i think they only need is to have a total of 15 crew member to run the manga in balance...
    Top 5 Manga on my List
    Spoiler!

i'm guessing 2 more. I hope not much more then that cause the people that join now will have missed half of the story>.> That's a bit sad.

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

It depends on Oda.

Spoiler!

One or Two more characters At Most. If Oda was to add too many the character development for each character might start to decrease. The ammount is fine as it is.

Oh yeah, More characters=Less screen time for Sanji :(

7 Warlord of the Sea allanrodelas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by popoy08 View Post
    It depends on Oda.
    yah it may depend on oda... but you may something on your mind!!
    Top 5 Manga on my List
    Spoiler!

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by allanrodelas View Post

For now they have 9 Straw hat pirate member; Luffy wanted to have 11 crew member (including him) before entering the grandline but neccesarily 10 crew on the whole manga story.... And i think they only need is to have a total of 15 crew member to run the manga in balance...
    Having to many crew member in SH pirate would be bad.. Concentrating on each members, their fights, their role, are difficult to manage. If Luffy recruit 6 other more members. The tendency of seeing the face of the current members of Straw Hat pirates would be lessen. That's why I go to only 10 members (not including Luffy). But who knows, maybe Oda is very genius that he can pull something different from what I expected.
    "Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people
    as to how they shall think."

Arthur Schopenhauer - Pessimism

I would guess no more than two new Strawhats. Although there might still be guest characters that joins afterwards, but stays only for an arc or two.

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Pix View Post
    I would guess no more than two new Strawhats. Although there might still be guest characters that joins afterwards, but stays only for an arc or two.
    Well said.. And the special guest character would be Oda himself as a cabin boy of SH Pirates.
    Last edited by Lhek; 04-30-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Drowned by Angels
    "Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people
    as to how they shall think."

Arthur Schopenhauer - Pessimism

Infinite. Since the members will grow as long as the manga is continued. Because a number that is ever getting larger is not quantifiable, it is thus infinite.

im still thinking 10. They will get 10 and go thru the rest of the story like that. Because if you keep adding members, you need to give them screentime. And ODA never fails with giving every character screen time. So if they get like 15+ members...thats ALOT of screentime to do, which isnt easy. I think 10 is the right number, and its also what was hinted at near the beginning of the show when luffy said he wanted a small crew of about 10 people.