Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Banned

Chidori = Raikiri. I Hope This Ends The Debate

First i'd like to APOLOGIZE to everyone if i came at you wrong when trying to disprove the misconception that somehow Raikiri and Chidori are different. The fact is that I was wrong myself. I had it backwards. The TRUE name of the technique is Chidori, and Raikiri is the nickname given to it. Not the other way around. When Sasuke/Kakashi uses it, it's called CHIDORI there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE. It's known as Raikiri to some people because of the legend that "Kakashi Cut Lightning using Chidori", thus people nicknamed it Raikiri, which literally means to cut lightning or lightning edge however you wanna put it. Again the move used was Chidori, it wasnt a different technique.

CHUNNIN EXAM GAARA VS SASUKE

Chapter 113, Page 18.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Theres also another example of this where in Chapter 361 Sasuke corrects Deidara (who keeps calling it Raikiri) by saying "by the ways, its name is Chidori"

Had no idea there was a debate

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Theres also another example of this where in Chapter 361 Sasuke corrects Deidara (who keeps calling it Raikiri) by saying "by the ways, its name is Chidori"

Had no idea there was a debate
    a lot of users for some reason assumed that because Sasuke corrected Deidara on the name of the technique that Sasuke had a whole different version of the move.

and that Kakashi's technique was "Raikiri" while Sasuke's was "Chidori"

if u look in the Sasuke vs. Kakashi thread u'll see what i mean. I had to keep repeating myself on it, so I made this thread to end the debate. Since it clearly says the name of the move is Chidori and Raikiri is just a nickname of it, not an actual different move.

I specifically said it was the same moved and said I had a theory (note theory, there is no way to prove or disprove whether its true) that Kakashi produces a stronger one. Your purposly not acknowledging examples that suggest that Kakashi and Sasuke refer to them differently. Sasuke argues that his technique is not Raikiri, if there was no difference why would kishimoto waste a pannel expaning that?
    Last edited by blindSharingan; 07-25-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    I specifically said it was the same moved and said I had a theory (note theory, there is no way to prove or disprove whether its true) that Kakashi produces a stronger one. Your purposly not acknowledging examples that suggest that Kakashi and Sasuke refer to them differently.
    Dude ur one of the actually non-stubborn supporters of that silly theory i wasnt talking about you when i said that some ppl came up with that concept. You arent the only one saying it, ur reasoning to me sounded much better than what i saw others say. However as I said u were wrong and I just gave it to u straight from the manga. The whole theory about a "difference" between Raikiri and Chidori came from a complete misunderstanding by readers thinking Sasuke meant "this move is different" when infact he was saying "The actual name is Chidori"

For a man who is a fan of the great late L, i'm sure you can see this much, am I wrong? (It should be pretty clear by now bro)

There is actual no actual prove that Kakashi produces a 'stronger' Chidori simply because like any other techique it's strength varies depending on how much chakra you put into it. Sasuke's first Chidori's were pretty small compared to the chidori Kakashi used against Zabuza, this is all because well Sasuke didnt have the capacity that Kakashi had, however it's still the same move.

Same as how Naruto's rasengan was smaller in size in comparison to Jiraiya's. However it's still Rasengan the difference is obvious because you are comparing a well sannin to a genin.

However just like Naruto surpassed the 4th in adding element to his Rasengan (which changes the technique name a bit)

Sasuke has grown he's actually strong definetly standing on the same level as Kakashi or higher as far as capacity in chakra so that it would be more likely for Sasuke's chidori to be stronger than Kakashi. However a clash between the 2 would probably cancel each other out.

any "proof" that you guys may have to support ur theory that isnt based on "well back when he was younger Sasuke's chidori didnt seem as cool as Kakashi's" please present it because I fail to understand the theory. As I believe it's all a matter of actual chakra capacity that alters the strength of a jutsu and i dont think it can alter it too much either.

Honestly I'm very tired of this debate as well and it really could go either way. Personally they're the same jutsu imo, whether the chidori differs at all i dunno, I just find it interesting that Kakashi refers to his by a different name and i believe it leaves possibilities but w/e I'm going to go catch up on One piece.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    I specifically said it was the same moved and said I had a theory (note theory, there is no way to prove or disprove whether its true) that Kakashi produces a stronger one. Your purposly not acknowledging examples that suggest that Kakashi and Sasuke refer to them differently. Sasuke argues that his technique is not Raikiri, if there was no difference why would kishimoto waste a pannel expaning that?
    oh my god are you still on this? HELLO read the page of the manga it self the REAL name of the technique is CHIDORI.

Raikiri is a NICKNAME. Lightning Edge is what it means, to symbolize it's ability to cut through lightning.

Ok for everyone else reading this i'll draw a lil picture in your heads, cuz this is ridiculous now even with proof to still debate this...God....

Kakashi (Uses CHIDORI) vs. Incoming Lightning Bolt = LOTS OF PEOPLE ARE SURPRISED SEEING "CHIDORI" CUT THROUGH THE LIGHTNING BOLT.

People start telling stories of the event = "Oh my god, it was like a sword cutting through lightning!" "Wow, it's like a Lightning Edge! The sword that cuts lightning!" "yeah yeah yeah"

Townsfolk pass the word of mouth from village to village about the 'Lightning Edge' and thus the legend of Lightning Edge used by Copy Ninja Kakashi is born. becoming world famous, that even Deidara heard of it. However because of the effects of word of mouth a lot of the truth and reality of things gets lost. So that people just call it Raikiri when it's actual original name is Chidori.

Sasuke being the only other person that knows the technique, knows it's true name and he's used to calling it Chidori which is the ACTUAL name. So like anyone else who has some sort of special technique he's probably proud and likes the name Chidori and knows that it's the original name so he corrected Deidara as an act of showing his superiority to Deidara. (which he kept doin all through out the fight)

Thus Kishimoto surely achieved 2 things in "wasting that panel"

firstly he showed just how popular the legend of chidori cutting through lightning is, that even Deidara a ninja from far away heard about it. AND he showed how cocky Sasuke is and his tone in speaking to those he considers weaker than himself. (this is something that's been goin on over n over through out the series, Sasuke always showed somewhat disdain or just simply looked down upon weaker ninjas)

read your second post not continuing what i was saying....im way behind on one piece still in sky island manga wise ><

ok to clear this up...
    original kakashi technique is called Chidori because when at high speed it makes the sound of a thousand birds with is what chidori means.

Raikiri is a more powerful and larger ranged chidori... thus it was renamed raikiri.. As mentioned before it has a different justsu classification because of the difference in power.

chidori original A
    raikiri more powerful version S

which although both are elementaly the same one has more power than other.. which basicly makes it a different jutsu. like saying naruto's rasengan is the same as odomarasengan... they are different although both are rasengan just one is larger than the other.
    another example... swords... a small sword is call a wakisashi,, a normal is katana and a very large is called great katana. they are all katanas but because they have different length and weight they have different names... so they are not the same
    Last edited by luimac; 07-25-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Hand Seals for Raikiri

Hand Seals for Chidori

The End