Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Pein's other connection to the Senju, Tsunade. She may not have the Senju name anymore but she is a direct descendant of Shodaime. I can only imagine that there are still other Senjus alive other than her as well.
    You are exactly right my friend, this is why I've always held the belief that Tsunade would face off against Pein in Konoha and not Naruto. She is the last known living heir of the Senju clan.

The Senju clan gets it's name from the Senju Kannon or the "Thousand Arms" Kannon. The Senju Kannon free souls from the path of Samara, also known as the Six Paths of Suffering(Pain). The Kannon Bodhisattva is also refered to as the "Goddess of Mercy" or "Goddess of Compassion". A very interesting fact when you realize that(Bodhisattva) is exactly what Sora called Tsunade after she beat him for calling her an old hag in the Sora filler arc.

Here are a few links if you want to check some of this out:

http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kannon.shtml#six
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kannon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhisattva

well one think i've noticed with naruto is it's very easter religion filled. I mean you have itachi who's pretty much got shinto written all over him (as well as the uchiha clan in general cause of the MS eye techniques) and now you have pein who's got Buddhism/Hindu. i mean the 6 paths are buddhist and not to mention each of the names of peins bodies are all buddhist religion terms. it's just interesting to see how he puts everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by kairu87 View Post
    well one think i've noticed with naruto is it's very easter religion filled. I mean you have itachi who's pretty much got shinto written all over him (as well as the uchiha clan in general cause of the MS eye techniques) and now you have pein who's got Buddhism/Hindu. i mean the 6 paths are buddhist and not to mention each of the names of peins bodies are all buddhist religion terms. it's just interesting to see how he puts everything together.

Great thinking! Kishimoto it appears may be making widespread, liberal use of icons and references from most eastern religions and mythologies. He may not strongly adhere to one in particular.

In my mind, Kishi's intent is to to tell his own uniquely original story, with his own interpretation of all these mythological icons and figures. If I am correct, then there'll be no easy way to predict the flow of Naruto the Manga, which of course makes it potentially even more interesting.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Great thinking! Kishimoto it appears may be making widespread, liberal use of icons and references from most eastern religions and mythologies. He may not strongly adhere to one in particular.

In my mind, Kishi's intent is to to tell his own uniquely original story, with his own interpretation of all these mythological icons and figures. If I am correct, then there'll be no easy way to predict the flow of Naruto the Manga, which of course makes it potentially even more interesting.
    I know but i was just saying it was interesting. and it's one reason why naruto is one of my favorite manga's. And i look forward to the next chapters and finding out what Kishi's ultimate say or twist or what ever means of story he has planned.