• Average

4 14.29%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 3.57%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starone View Post
    This goes back to the sentiment that I was complaining about in the previous dicsussion thread: That losing someone precious to him is somehow not a good enough motivation for him to lose faith in the world like this, I still don't see the logic here. And it's not really that simple anyway. Like others have said, it's also the fact that the hero he entrusted his "dying" wish to let him down and the fact that he was pretty much a failure his entire life, causing him to lose faith in the world even more. Saying it's just Rin is an oversimplification.

But I'm still enjoying the story overall, and that's really all I can ask for from Kishimoto. I'm sorry if some of you were disappointed that Tobi didn't end up being who you wanted, but it's not an incontrovertible fact that Kishimoto failed here, it's just your opinion.

IM happy and accepting of mist elements and developments regarding the handling of obito's transformation.

What is truly disappointing and just about anybody here can agree, is that this character treatment JUST HAD to be done TO THE ONLY PURELY DECENT AND INNOCENT UCHIHA! Shisui wasn't much of a fixture in the manga but kakashi gaiden and also 599-600 flashbacks gave us something rare and nearly impossible to find, a good uchiha that gives the impression there was hope for a clan clouded by inner conflict, blood spilling, and power grabbing all for the sake of Ms/ems (itachi's history lesson).

Idk, i used to hate tobitio theory then sided with it the more clues i saw. It works out ok for me but it could have also worked out better if it was someone who could at least be spared the taint of corruption in the style this manga uses. It was a total boon for the uchiha, to have a young hero like naruto, oblivious to evil past. Kishi is not in such shirt supply of cleverness that he couldn't have used someone else but oh well, the uchiha Myst lack as much depth and variety as possible in order to achieve the most from such broad and simple strokes of coloring them as "villains".

While obito can be justified transforming into tobi for several solid reasons it doesn't change the fact that it erodes the dimension and worth of the uchiha clan as central story element. If obito were untouched and left with that particular good memory intact and tobi were someone else then the uchiha and the manga would retain a more valuable angle and not need to weaken its validity. Its not about the obvious hints, whether you see the reason incorrectly as simply rin or understand that it was a larger world. Those reasons work and would be great for anybody, just not for a character that was a rare exception and gave the manga a simple and pure example of a good force. The manga has lost, not gained from this treatment of obito.

Paulbee expressed the sentiment beautifully already, i completely agree with it.
    Last edited by knife eater; 09-13-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    _____
    Obito is Tobirama's great grandson. The proof is in the pudding.

^Yeah, the Uchiha are pretty much the new fishmen pirates at this point--just completely pointless, only existing to perpetuate conflict and bloodshed for the sake of rectifying some butthurt feelings they still harbor for some past injustice they feel they suffered, among a population that only wants to move on and live in peace (also: Egil from Xenoblade Chronicles)

I will actually be glad to see the last of them wiped from the current ninja world. And if Sasuke's refuses to bow to common sense and moving on with his life, then I hope that he is tossed out with the rest of the trash.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    ^Yeah, the Uchiha are pretty much the new fishmen pirates at this point--just completely pointless, only existing to perpetuate conflict and bloodshed for the sake of rectifying some butthurt feelings they still harbor for some past injustice they feel they suffered, among a population that only wants to move on and live in peace (also: Egil from Xenoblade Chronicles)

I will actually be glad to see the last of them wiped from the current ninja world. And if Sasuke's refuses to bow to common sense and moving on with his life, then I hope that he is tossed out with the rest of the trash.
    Well, destroying the tablet decades ago could have done the trick as well , plus killing every other person which knowledge about the past and here we go, the new generation free of their stupid hatred, which is no more than a burden... well some might have placed revenge as the purpose of their life, but, without MS, Izanami, Izanagi and the like they would have been wiped out quite along time ago .

Now that I mentioned Izanagi, I would like to mention that it was created a long time ago, probably even before the name Uchiha came to existence, seeing as it is based on So6p's All Creation-thing, thus someone had to see it in action beforehand, perhaps it was slowly being completed over time (it's possible that the son's descendants already existed at So6p's death, after all he would have supreme life energies, imbued with natural energy and boosted by bijuu chakra... who knows maybe he even lived for half a millennium ).

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Madara left Tobi with the orders "while I'm gone, you are Uchiha Madara" or something. The whole Dread Pirate Roberts thing.
    props for this!

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    I cant stress enough how important this upcoming flashback is. A lot depends on how Kishi portraits the events of Obitos downfall, usually Kishi does a great job in writing each individual character histories but you cant be so sure right now since he made some shaky chapters lately ..
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

I'm really enjoying the pacing in this fight... upon a re-read, the action/drama are balanced very well. The impact is quite strong as Obito reveals himself to Kakashi (first in heavy hints, then in his mask being broken). I'm really looking forward to the Obito backstory flashbacks... if Kishi can do Tobi's character justice by connecting Obito to the Tobi we know and love, I believe I can still be quite satisfied with Tobi's identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    I'm really enjoying the pacing in this fight... upon a re-read, the action/drama are balanced very well. The impact is quite strong as Obito reveals himself to Kakashi (first in heavy hints, then in his mask being broken). I'm really looking forward to the Obito backstory flashbacks... if Kishi can do Tobi's character justice by connecting Obito to the Tobi we know and love, I believe I can still be quite satisfied with Tobi's identity.
    I wonder if the intense depth of analyses and discussion might not detract from the simple enjoyment of the Manga. We are applying a degree of scrutiny to Naruto that other Mangas never face.

Naruto continues to provide the highest levels of Manga entertainment and enjoyment for me, even as I indulge in my natural predisposition for analysis. I doubt I could say the same for the others which I read for humor and light entertainment. It is an extreme credit to Kishimoto that his venerable work can bear up as well as it does.

Hats off to Kishi.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I wonder if the intense depth of analyses and discussion might not detract from the simple enjoyment of the Manga. We are applying a degree of scrutiny to Naruto that other Mangas never face.
    Most likely :p. Nevertheless it doesn't change the fact that it is enjoyable even after heated discussions and overboard analysis , or rather those discussions are the core of the fun, while Naruto is simply a material to discuss about . If there were no one to discuss it which, I probably wouldn't analyze it this much .

I guess, you can read this Kakashi Doujinshi, at least you will be able to read it for fun only, kukukuku :p.

Offtopic...I dunno if its just me but doesnt Madara remind anyone of Sonic the hedgehog? The Hair and attitude and stuff....

Ha maybe the hair, but Madara is much too boss like lol