8 28.57%
  • Average

4 14.29%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

1 3.57%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    ^ The opposite actually, atleast for me. Pretty much everyone guessed Tobi to be Obito from the very start. Then the simple reason why he became evil. Not sure if he was hiding his true motive but possible. All that for someone who acted mysterious for (?) 3+ years?

I can only hope/guess Tobi is not the final villain, he is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starone View Post
    Exactly. It seems to me like some of these people are actually complaining about the villains here being more complex than a villain who's simply all evil and completely irredeemable just 'cause, when often times things are not that simple.
    See The Post by Saiges Below

Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    ^ The opposite actually, atleast for me. Pretty much everyone guessed Tobi to be Obito from the very start. Then the simple reason why he became evil. Not sure if he was hiding his true motive but possible. All that for someone who acted mysterious for (?) 3+ years?

I can only hope/guess Tobi is not the final villain, he is pathetic.
    Correct, as has been repeated over and over...Tobi = Obito was the Simplistic first choice. It was dismissed for various reasons not the least being that Kishi purposefully planted clues that clouded the situation, such as Tobi claiming to have given the Rinnegans to Nagato. This would have been impossible if Tobi were Obito.

Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to Tobi's claims, but it is disappointing if all it means is that Obito is a mentally deluded tool in Madara's hands. There would simply be no depth to the character.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    See The Post by Saiges Below

Correct, as has been repeated over and over...Tobi = Obito was the Simplistic first choice. It was dismissed for various reasons not the least being that Kishi purposefully planted clues that clouded the situation, such as Tobi claiming to have given the Rinnegans to Nagato. This would have been impossible if Tobi were Obito.

Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to Tobi's claims, but it is disappointing if all it means is that Obito is a mentally deluded tool in Madara's hands. There would simply be no depth to the character.
    Ah, I see, so both Nagato and Sasuke are no depth characters, yes that make sense, wait what ? Chill out and allow the kid to tell his story. If you haven't noticed, all of villains motive can be put in one word, for Nagato was Pain, for Sasuke Revenge, for Obito is Rin, for Oro/Kabuto is Knowledge for Madara is... actually all that happened to him, he brought it upon himself, so why is he so angry at the world ? Only after their stories are told, it shows that it isn't so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Ah, I see, so both Nagato and Sasuke are no depth characters, yes that make sense, wait what ? Chill out and allow the kid to tell his story. If you haven't noticed, all of villains motive can be put in one word, for Nagato was Pain, for Sasuke Revenge, for Obito is Rin, for Oro/Kabuto is Knowledge for Madara is... actually all that happened to him, he brought it upon himself, so why is he so angry at the world ? Only after their stories are told, it shows that it isn't so simple.
    Did you even read my post?

There is a difference between Tobi using a metaphor on purpose, in which case he is not deluded, as opposed to him thinking he actually did things he didn't do.

As I said, perhaps there is a deeper meaning to Tobi's Claims....
    Last edited by paulbee; 09-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.

I'm still not digging how Kishi played the whole Tobi thing.

He could've made it a lot better.

I guess I just have to decide again when I see the arc's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Did you even read my post?

There is a difference between Tobi using a metaphor on purpose, in which case he is not deluded, as opposed to him thinking he actually did things he didn't do.

As I said, perhaps there is a deeper meaning to Tobi's Claims....
    Wouldn't surprise me if Madara left Tobi with the orders "while I'm gone, you are Uchiha Madara" or something. The whole Dread Pirate Roberts thing.

I suspect there's a part of Izuna on Obito's right side due to these pictures of his right arm responding.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v43/c399/4.html

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c601/13.html

I thought about that too, and it is probably the case

But is Tobi's current agenda really compatible with Madra's. If Madara's Orders were without compulsion (Tobi has free will), then Madara was putting a whole lot in Tobi's hands from just Trust alone. That, if it were true would be truly amazing.

Anyway, Now that Madara arrived, all of Tobi's plans have come to an abrupt end. Or, Will Tobi Make like the Kyuubi and form an alliance with the Anti-Madara side?

And if as has been suggested by some others, there is a latent element of Izuna inside Tobi, might that foment the uncharacteristic trust that Madara may be showing to Tobi?

There is so much that we don't know about yet.

Personally, I'm just about ready to stop talking about Izuna.. but just watch me eat those words in a couple chapters when another big reveal makes Izuna somehhow hugely impactful on the plot/history!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiges View Post
    This goes back to the sentiment that I was complaining about in the previous dicsussion thread: That losing someone precious to him is somehow not a good enough motivation for him to lose faith in the world like this, I still don't see the logic here. And it's not really that simple anyway. Like others have said, it's also the fact that the hero he entrusted his "dying" wish to let him down and the fact that he was pretty much a failure his entire life, causing him to lose faith in the world even more. Saying it's just Rin is an oversimplification.

But I'm still enjoying the story overall, and that's really all I can ask for from Kishimoto. I'm sorry if some of you were disappointed that Tobi didn't end up being who you wanted, but it's not an incontrovertible fact that Kishimoto failed here, it's just your opinion.