Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I discuss it with people who generally don't know it--and the kid that only watches the anime. (Ugh)

I wish it was more popular; like Nay-ru-to or something. Then everybody would be all "WOO~~" and stuffssss.

It would make me happy. <3

Need a new game?
    Check out IGG's list here!

Personally, I don't care if it's popular or not. It's something I enjoy and what others think doesn't matter. This is the first series to have me so hooked to it. I haven't read a manga in its current entirety four times just to understand as much as I can until I started reading D.Gray-Man.

Personally, it's what inspired me to pursue being a mangaka. I think I was born to be a storyteller and manga is the way that D.Gray-Man lead me to believe that this is how I want to do it.

I've never seen any negative attention towards D. Gray-man, most people are just ignorant and have never heard of it.

I first got into it when I heard of Allen from Jump Ultimate Stars. He seemed like a cool character so I watched the anime. The first few episodes didn't seem all that interesting but it starting to suck me in when Allen fought the Pierriot akuma. Then I heard about the Noah clan through wiki and I continued up the Rewinding Town arc, that was the best part of the anime yet. So good that I was officially hooked and Road became my favorite character. And so I continued watching, then the fillers came and I got bored, so then I read the manga starting at when Crowly got recruited for the black order.

And I've been a D. Gray-man lover ever since. The series seems to have lost the light of going on missions for innocence, but now its gained a much more darker tone it seems. I'm very curious about where the series will go next.

I honestly find it worth it to read the manga and watch the anime. It's not often that I do that because I simply enjoy reading manga more than I do watching the anime. I just love how the anime does things differently and it opens up new storyline elements. I do still enjoy the manga more, though.

I just got into this series less than 2 weeks ago, I watched about 90% of the anime episodes and read the Attack on HQ arc, and I just love it! It started at a pretty good pace in my opinion. I somewhat saw it as a mix between Bleach and Naruto at first, but the more into it I got the bigger the gap I saw in the series. One thing that this series has over Bleach (in my opinion) I connect with the characters a whole lot better and see progression in them. In the beginning of the series I thought Allen was a "smart" Naruto because he was somewhat naive, but got over his issues earlier in the series than most main characters do;also his character has so much mystery to it. Lenalee at first seemed just like a happy character that just want to protect her friends, but the deeper you go into her character the darker it becomes(side note: when she fought the level three akuma, I thought she had to be the baddest chick I seen in anime/manga in a long time, she didn't need anyone's help she kicked a** all by herself). Lavi has duty, destiny and his emotions going against each other (duty to become the next bookman, destiny of being an exorcist, and how he feel about his friends/allies), which adds depth to his character I am waiting to see in the future. Kanda and Cross...no more needs to be said, those two characters are just badasses with shrouds of mystery , I just Love them!! Miranda and Krory are two very interesting characters and make great support characters, their both funny with great powers and alot of development can be put into them. Miranda to me wins the award of most improved looking female character in a manga/anime. In the Rewinding Town arc she could have seen "brighter" days, but once she became an excorist Miranda did a 360 and became hot(side note:I'm male lol anyways this series handles female characters just as well as the male ones and that is great to see. Most series just use female characters as supporters or sex objects but D. Gray-man gives the females spotlight and potential to grow.). Krory spilt personalitys are just classic, and during his arc I was on the edge of my seat trying figure out what exactly was he. The generals (already mentioned Cross) are pretty diverse and badass, not going to go into to much details on them. I just love the antagonist of the series, the Noahs and the Earl are a breath of fresh air when it comes down to villians. They have a goal, set their plans into motion and have fun at the same time, villians now and days just are to serious, its good to have comedic moments with the villians.

Ok I'm sorry for rambling on and kinda putting my opinions of the series in the wrong thread, but I just love this series so much and just wanted to say that this series get no negative review out of me lol. It is so many positive things that it does that other series doesn't do, such a development for more than 2 or 3 characters and setting up development for charcters that may have not been fleashed out. The only thing that kind of confused me at first was the time period of the series. I know it takes place in the 19th century, but the technology is very futuristic, which kind of threw me (but this is a fictional manga anything can happen lol). I hope at least one person enjoy my post lol, it took some time to type it out lol!

Quote Originally Posted by chbrevolution View Post
    I just got into this series less than 2 weeks ago, I watched about 90% of the anime episodes and read the Attack on HQ arc, and I just love it! It started at a pretty good pace in my opinion. I somewhat saw it as a mix between Bleach and Naruto at first, but the more into it I got the bigger the gap I saw in the series. One thing that this series has over Bleach (in my opinion) I connect with the characters a whole lot better and see progression in them. In the beginning of the series I thought Allen was a "smart" Naruto because he was somewhat naive, but got over his issues earlier in the series than most main characters do;also his character has so much mystery to it. Lenalee at first seemed just like a happy character that just want to protect her friends, but the deeper you go into her character the darker it becomes(side note: when she fought the level three akuma, I thought she had to be the baddest chick I seen in anime/manga in a long time, she didn't need anyone's help she kicked a** all by herself). Lavi has duty, destiny and his emotions going against each other (duty to become the next bookman, destiny of being an exorcist, and how he feel about his friends/allies), which adds depth to his character I am waiting to see in the future. Kanda and Cross...no more needs to be said, those two characters are just badasses with shrouds of mystery , I just Love them!! Miranda and Krory are two very interesting characters and make great support characters, their both funny with great powers and alot of development can be put into them. Miranda to me wins the award of most improved looking female character in a manga/anime. In the Rewinding Town arc she could have seen "brighter" days, but once she became an excorist Miranda did a 360 and became hot(side note:I'm male lol anyways this series handles female characters just as well as the male ones and that is great to see. Most series just use female characters as supporters or sex objects but D. Gray-man gives the females spotlight and potential to grow.). Krory spilt personalitys are just classic, and during his arc I was on the edge of my seat trying figure out what exactly was he. The generals (already mentioned Cross) are pretty diverse and badass, not going to go into to much details on them. I just love the antagonist of the series, the Noahs and the Earl are a breath of fresh air when it comes down to villians. They have a goal, set their plans into motion and have fun at the same time, villians now and days just are to serious, its good to have comedic moments with the villians.

Ok I'm sorry for rambling on and kinda putting my opinions of the series in the wrong thread, but I just love this series so much and just wanted to say that this series get no negative review out of me lol. It is so many positive things that it does that other series doesn't do, such a development for more than 2 or 3 characters and setting up development for charcters that may have not been fleashed out. The only thing that kind of confused me at first was the time period of the series. I know it takes place in the 19th century, but the technology is very futuristic, which kind of threw me (but this is a fictional manga anything can happen lol). I hope at least one person enjoy my post lol, it took some time to type it out lol!
    h...h...holy...I read that all....my god...I agree even though Kanda has appeared a lot..he has much mystery around him. I can see Cross begin to unravel though...which is somewhat odd.

I've been hooked for a long time Had to start scanlating this once people had to wait 3-4 days for a new chapter. I don't care if it loses popularity as I still enjoy it and will continue until the day I don't (which I don't see happening any time soon!)

Well I was completely hooked when I first saw it. Which was the anime. It was my friends that kept bugging me to watch it so then finally after like a month I said "OK". Thought it was one of those weird-ugly-drawn anime/manga. The minute I saw allen LMAO
    me: MY GAWDD SO SXC.
    And that's how i began the D.Gray-man obsession =]]
    I don't get how people keep saying "it's like another bleach". I mean if ther on about the hollow/akuma thing, thers like many anime's that have these main kinda monsters. eg Claymore. bleh its ther opinion =S
    haha i get so stressed wen i hafta wait 1 week.. this is bad for my studies .__.
    ~Have you ever stepped on a snail?~
    Don't you just love the aftermath...