Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    IDK if this is the place for this but it is a sad day one manga is closing down :(
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

just got the news about OneManga.com and i have something to get off my chest.

looking back for a minute, there's been a lot of losses in both the anime and manga industry. Geneon USA, Newtype USA, Animerica, ADV Films (what the fuck?) and others in the past.

my beef really is with all the "fake" fans. i personally feel that not only do i read and watch the free stuff, but i do "buy" the stuff too. hell, i've donated my whole "english" manga collection (about 1,000 plus books) to my school library, so other people can come there and read manga and not have to be limited to going to a bookstore.

to me, it seems that "fansubbers" and "scanlators" should regulate themselves better with the content they put online. apparently, some fans (not all), but some, just take advantage of the free sh*t they get and could care less about the people who put hard work and time into manga and anime.

i continue to buy anime and have been doing so since the golden age of $60 VHS animes before the DVD and BD. same thing for manga, i read the online stuff and still buy books, even though i already read chapters, but just knowing that my purchase is supporting the business and more, the artist, is reward enough for me. that's what "real" fans do, and others are ruining sh*t period.

i don't think the companies are to blame, because the anime & manga industry as a whole is "small" period. it's barely visible. yeah, you have "Dragon Ball" and "FMA" as anime titles for example that do well or manga titles like "Naruto" and "Fruits Basket" that do good too, but they don't represent the industries as a "whole". those popular titles are "part" of the industry. there could be more here in the states, if peeps would quite being cheap asses and support the industry. just because you can read it online, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. you come on forums and bi*ch about the mangas and then, don't buy them when available. what the hell yo?.

i'm sorry, but first "ADV Films" goes out of business and they've done everything humanly possible to advance the industry here in the states (Newtype, Anime Network, their Catalog) in everyway possible and they have to sell out because there's basically "not enough support from fans"!!!. bullsh*t!!.

this is going towards the "fake fans" once again, who just want free sh*t and then, later complain online about it, but haven't invested or spent a dime on manga or anime. your phonies period.

sorry about the rant, but the sh*t needs to be said, things "need" to change because a lot of bullsh*t is being accepted on websites, from fan subbers, scanlators alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post

my beef really is with all the "fake" fans. i personally feel that not only do i read and watch the free stuff, but i do "buy" the stuff too. hell, i've donated my whole "english" manga collection (about 1,000 plus books) to my school library, so other people can come there and read manga and not have to be limited to going to a bookstore.

to me, it seems that "fansubbers" and "scanlators" should regulate themselves better with the content they put online. apparently, some fans (not all), but some, just take advantage of the free sh*t they get and could care less about the people who put hard work and time into manga and anime.

this is going towards the "fake fans" once again, who just want free sh*t and then, later complain online about it, but haven't invested or spent a dime on manga or anime. your phonies period.

In my honest opinion, you have to understand that not everyone can afford buying manga/anime and yet, it might still be one of their great hobbies. Some people cannot even afford Internet at home and go to public libraries to read manga, or at work (and that does not make them "fake fans" or whatever). I believe you don't have to give up your passion just because you don't have money.

The problem as far as I see it, is the medium.
    If I'm going to take up space on my bookshelves, it will be with meaningful literature - Not Comics/Manga.

That's not to say I haven't bought the novels before (as I have); but I don't make a habit of it, as it's simply not practical.

Online/HDDs > Bookshelves when it comes to this stuff, IMO.

@Damnz, dude, as far as "money" goes, as i posted, i was buying anime on VHS at $60 with only maybe two-three episodes, when i was only 13 years old doing a paper route. i wasn't pissed about that, i was actually just happy to have access to "anime" here in the states and that's just how much of a fan i was of the industry and what was being brought to the table as far as animation goes.

"manga" isn't that expensive. what $8-$10 a book, maybe $15 depending. that's an excuse, especially considering that people have enough money to have laptops and be online to download the sh*t for free and then have the nerve to get pissed off because the story or whatever isn't going "their" way or the mangaka isn't doing what "they want" them to do. it's the "fake" fans like that, who piss me off, because it's one thing to complain, but to complain about something you get for "free" all the time?. really?. you cannot defend that no matter what. money is not an issue, anymore than you wanting to go to college to get your degree or putting food in your belly.

if you want something bad enough, you'll get it, no matter what. it's just like Dattebayo cut off Bleach and Naruto, so all those people who constantly downloaded from them, went somewhere else, because they wanted to see those shows bad enough. you can't have everything for free like this and expect it to be around in another ten years (hobby or not) and maybe it's different for people like me, because it wasn't available like it is today, but that's my whole point.

there needs to be some regulation on the way the content is being presented online and people getting it for "free" all the time isn't helping the industry as a whole. that's my argument right now.

the "anime/manga" industry was small back in the 90's and still is today (even smaller if any), partly because it's available for free 24/7. that's all i am saying, it won't last like this forever, no matter how "good" anyone thinks it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post
    just got the news about OneManga.com and i have something to get off my chest.

looking back for a minute, there's been a lot of losses in both the anime and manga industry. Geneon USA, Newtype USA, Animerica, ADV Films (what the fuck?) and others in the past.

i continue to buy anime and have been doing so since the golden age of $60 VHS animes before the DVD and BD. same thing for manga, i read the online stuff and still buy books, even though i already read chapters, but just knowing that my purchase is supporting the business and more, the artist, is reward enough for me. that's what "real" fans do, and others are ruining sh*t period.

i don't think the companies are to blame, because the anime & manga industry as a whole is "small" period. it's barely visible. yeah, you have "Dragon Ball" and "FMA" as anime titles for example that do well or manga titles like "Naruto" and "Fruits Basket" that do good too, but they don't represent the industries as a "whole". those popular titles are "part" of the industry. there could be more here in the states, if peeps would quite being cheap asses and support the industry. just because you can read it online, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. you come on forums and bi*ch about the mangas and then, don't buy them when available. what the hell yo?.

i'm sorry, but first "ADV Films" goes out of business and they've done everything humanly possible to advance the industry here in the states (Newtype, Anime Network, their Catalog) in everyway possible and they have to sell out because there's basically "not enough support from fans"!!!. bullsh*t!!.

sorry about the rant, but the sh*t needs to be said, things "need" to change because a lot of bullsh*t is being accepted on websites, from fan subbers, scanlators alike.
    I agree with the fake fans thing, i buy SJ every month even thought i know what going to happen in the mangas. and i am looking in to buying the complete one piece volume set. i have been looking in to this for awhile now but now that one manga has fallen i have more reason to. but i agree we fans need to be more responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Thanx a lot for this thread, u've made my day
    God of thunder, God of rain
    Earth shaker who feels no pain
    The powerhead of the universe
    Now send your neverending curse

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    I agree with the fake fans thing, i buy SJ every month even thought i know what going to happen in the mangas. and i am looking in to buying the complete one piece volume set. i have been looking in to this for awhile now but now that one manga has fallen i have more reason to. but i agree we fans need to be more responsible.
    Man,I live in Bulgaria and there isn't anything related to SJ manga that can be bought.There is only a monthly released magazine called "Hero" and it only lists popular american comics.I really prefer not having to read that american crap.If I could buy manga I'd really do it,but since I can't I'm reading via internet.

you can order manga online and anime too.

Veteran Member
    I still dont see how this will even help their income.. wont it just hurt them?